In this article, we’re going to cover some of the best do what you love quotes that highlight the power of chasing your passions in life.
If you ask 100 people what they do for a living, you’ll probably get 90-95 different answers that all amount to the same thing:
“I have a job to pay my bills, but it doesn’t really fulfill me.”
However, around 5-10% of people will answer your question with extreme enthusiasm. They’ll talk at length about what they do and how much pride they take in their work because they genuinely love it.
As you look at your life right now, which group are you in? The 90% of people coasting through a career they don’t enjoy, or the 10% doing work they love?
If you’re in the 90%, the good news is that it’s never too late to start building the kind of career that you don’t want to escape from 24/7.
So without further ado, here’s an extensive list of quotes that will motivate you to go after what really sets you on fire.
Inspiring Do What You Love Quotes
Let’s kick things off with some quotes about doing what you love that will inspire you to pursue what you’re passionate about.
- “When you truly grasp and understand that your time on earth is limited everything becomes infinitely more valuable.” ~ Andy Frisella quote
- “All you need is a passion. If you have a passion for something, you’ll create the talent.” ~ Yanni
- “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” ~ Rumi
- “Few of us realize our potential; because if we did, we would pursue our passion and walk in our purpose.” ~ Germany Kent
- “The person who loves walking will always walk further than the person who’s in love with the destination.”
- “Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things.” ~ Denis Diderot
- “Always go with your passions, never ask yourself if it’s realistic or not.” ~ Deepak Chopra
- “The only thing you can do in this life is pursue your passions, celebrate your bloopers, and never stop following your fear.” ~ Grace Helbig
- “Just because your life changes doesn’t mean that your deepest passions have to.” ~ Shannon Miller
- “When people think you’re crazy, it’s just because they don’t have the courage to do what you’re doing.” ~ Ryan Serhant
- “The things you are passionate about are the real reason for your existence on this planet.” ~ Hiral Nagda
- “The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work.” ~ Steve Jobs
- “You weren’t born to make money. You were born to do what you love. When you can do both at once, you have found your calling.”
- “Love what you do and do what you love. Passion is the key that opens the door to joy and abundance.” ~ David Cuschieri
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway. You’ll be damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Life is about spending time with people you love, doing things that fulfill your deepest passions, and falling more in love with yourself as you grow.” ~ Lewis Howes
- “I always tell people; do the job that you would do if you were independently wealthy.” ~ Warren Buffett
Never Stop Doing What You Love Quotes
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some more powerful do what you love quotes.
- “We all know fear. But passion makes us fearless.” ~ Paulo Coelho
- “Follow your own passion. Not your parents, not your teachers, yours.” ~ Robert Ballard
- “Dream big and make life fun. Do something outrageous each day. Follow your passion. Believe in yourself.”
- “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” ~ Jennifer Lee
- “Dream your own dreams, achieve your own goals. Your journey is your own and unique.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “Passion is energy. Feel the excitement that comes from focusing on what excites you.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “If time passes, and you still do what you love, then you are on the right way.” ~ Liviu Tudose
- “Chase your dreams, do what you love; even if it doesn’t pay the bills, it pays the happiness” ~ Nicky Verd
- “Fear of failure is the saddest reason on earth not to do what you were meant to do.” ~ J.K. Rowling
- “If something is illuminating you from the inside, you are meant to build an ultra legacy around it which will supersede your world.” ~ Hiral Nagda
- “When you do what you love, it’s not work anymore.” ~ J. Balvin
- “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” ~ Ella Fitzgerald
- “Making sure our goals are properly aligned with our passions only makes sense.” ~ Josh Hinds
- “Make a commitment to having fun. See your best friends and make time for your hobbies and passions.” ~ Robert Holden
- “Pursue your passions; your heart deserves a chance to lead the way.”
Do What You Do Best Quotes
Let’s keep things rolling with some more powerful do what you love quotes about the power of embracing your natural gifts.
- “Deep down, you know you can do something great. You know that you can do more than you’re doing right now.” ~ Grant Cardone quote
- “If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.” ~ T.D. Jakes
- “To be successful, the first thing to do is to fall in love with your work.” ~ Sister Mary Lauretta
- “I believe that you are your work. Don’t trade the stuff of your life, time, for nothing more than dollars. That’s a rotten bargain.” ~ Rita Mae Brown
- “Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.” ~ Hunter S. Thompson
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
- “The best way to live your life: do what you love and don’t do what you don’t love.” ~ Trevor Carss
- “The duty of doing what you love fuels a fuller sense of being.” ~ Lailah Gifty Akita
- “The sparkle in your eyes which shows up when you do what you love, becomes a starting point to a grand carnival of your new life.” ~ Hiral Nagda
- “What you love to do the most is the shortest distance between where you are now and your dreams.” ~ Pat Rodegast
- “I love winning, I can take the losing, but most of all I love to play.” ~ Boris Becker
- “It really comes down to finding something you love to do and then just trying to be great at it.” ~ Mark Cuban
- “Find a way to do what you love, with no reasons and no excuses.”
- “When you do what you love, you have a career for life.”
- “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” ~ Tony Robbins
- “I believe that we each have a set of skills, interests, and passions that give us clues to our true life purpose.” ~ Linda Chaousis Thurston
- “My focus is my art, and that’s what I love to do. I have to be really passionate in order to do something. I’ve turned down many things that I just didn’t believe in.” ~ Beyonce
- “Loving what you do doesn’t mean you are never going to be faced with trials. It rather means, you are highly qualified to persist, persevere and endure till the end because you are enthusiastic about seeing the joyous end.” ~ Israelmore Ayivor
- “Happiness is the key to success. If you are truly passionate about what you’re doing and are relentless in overcoming any obstacle that comes your way, you will be wildly successful.” ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour
Do What You Enjoy Quotes
If you’re doing what you enjoy in life, the rest of your life becomes so much easier.
Once you’re not bogged down by a career that doesn’t fulfill you, there’s just a certain kind of energy that radiates off of you.
And once people notice that energy, it becomes contagious. So without further ado, here’s more inspiring do what you love quotes about finding your calling.
- “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” ~ Ferdinand Foch
- “There is no passion to be found in playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you’re capable of living.” ~ Nelson Mandela
- “Your passion is waiting for your courage to catch up.” ~ Isabelle Laflèche
- “Some adventures require nothing more than a willing heart and the ability to trip over the cracks in the world.” ~ Seanan Mcguire
- “Never let people who choose the path of least resistance steer you away from your chosen path of most resistance.” ~ David Goggins quote
- “When you feel passionate about your work, there is no great difference between the way you feel on Monday morning and the way you feel on Saturday morning.” ~ Larry Smith
- “You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey
- “Your passion, your biggest dream, and your passion should all be so big that they’re a little bit scary too.”
- “Life is going to give you just what you put into it. Put your whole heart in everything you do, and pray, then you can wait.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “Overworking doing what you love is way more revitalizing than resting from doing what you hate.” ~ Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Recognizing your passions can definitely help you attain success in your endeavor.” ~ Philip Wang
- “If you’re lucky enough to be able to do what you love, be thankful. For that it isn’t luck, it’s a blessing.”
- “Some people are going to judge you no matter what you do; you might as well do what you enjoy.”
- “When you start doing things that you truly love, it won’t matter whether it’s Monday or Friday; you’ll be so excited to wake up each morning and work on your passions.” ~ Edmond Mbiaka
- “We should not measure success by bank accounts filled with money, but rather moments filled with joy and gratitude. Pursuing your passion vigorously and relentlessly will bring you to those moments.” ~ Dennis Houchin
Motivational Quotes On Pursuing What You Love
- “The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.”
- “Dreams and passion are more powerful than facts and reality.” ~ Gail Lynne Goodwin
- “Everybody needs a passion. That’s what keeps life interesting. If you live without passion, you can go through life without leaving any footprints.” ~ Betty White
- “Passion is your joy, it is the essence of who you are. You have to unwrap it and find it.” ~ Jackie St. Onge
- “It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” ~ Mae C. Jemison
- “Passion gives you the motivation to keep trying, even if you fail time after time.” ~ David Hunter
- “Your job is to be the best that you can possibly be.” ~ Brian Tracy
- “The fire burning inside of you is your desire to succeed. Instead of letting it burn out, let it fuel you.”
- “A person can succeed at almost anything for which they have unlimited enthusiasm.” ~ Charles Schwab
- “True passion attracts. If you have passion in your business, the right people will be attracted to your team.” ~ Robert Kiyosaki
- “Find your magnificent obsession, whatever it is, and let no one tell you that you can’t do it. Tell them to sit back and watch you do it!” ~ CT Fletcher quote
- “If it makes your heart race, your eyes smile and your soul happy… do that.” ~ Laine Alcantra
- “If you only do what you know and do it very well, chances are you won’t fail. You’ll just stagnate, and your work will get less and less interesting, and that’s failure by erosion.” ~ Twyla Tharp
- “The secret of leadership is simple: Do what you believe in. Paint a picture of the future. Go there. People will follow.” ~ Seth Godin
- “Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Choose with no regret. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.” ~ Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, harness your power to your passion. Honor your calling. Everybody has one. Trust your heart and success will come to you.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
I hope that you enjoyed this powerful list of do what you love quotes!
You only get one chance at life, and it’s your obligation to live it to the fullest while you’re here.
Loving what you do for a living is an integral part of that mission. If you wake up every day and dread going to work, finding happiness is going to be an uphill battle.
Most of you reading this have talents that you’re not maximizing. You have passions that you’re not pursuing. You have dreams that you haven’t even tried to make a reality.
How long are you going to wait before you start doing what you were born to do with your life?
You May Also Like These Articles: