Looking for inspiration without the fluff? Then these David Goggins quotes are sure to deliver.
Former Navy Seal. Ultramarathon runner. Long-distance cyclist. Author. Public speaker. David Goggins is one of those rare individuals that you look at and say, “He must be from a different planet.”
But he’s every bit as human as you are. As Goggins himself always reminds people, “We all have the ability to come from nothing to something.”
So without further ado, here are some of the best Goggins quotes that will light a fire under you today!
Best David Goggins Quotes
“You cannot judge yourself by the so-called social competition that you’ve made up in your mind. Life is a race that you run completely alone.”
“Life is one big tug of war between mediocrity and trying to find your best self.”
“No matter who you are, who your parents are or were, where you live, what you do for a living, or how much money you have, you’re probably living at about 40 percent of your true capability.”
“Comfort zones: If you live in one too long… that becomes your norm. Get comfortable being uncomfortable.”
“Everybody wants a quick fix. You may get results, but they won’t be permanent. The permanent results come from you having to suffer.”
“At the end of the day, hard work may not be enough. You still may fail. But you keep going out there and you go after it.”
“When you fall down, focus on the solution, not the problem. You might quit or fail 100 times. Keep that clear picture of where you want to be.”
“Motivation is crap. Motivation comes and goes. When you’re driven, whatever is in front of you will get destroyed.”
“A warrior is someone who says; I’m here again today. I’ll be here again tomorrow and the next day. It’s a person who puts no limits on what’s possible.”
“The only way that you’re goin to get to the other side of this journey is by suffering. You have to suffer in order to grow. Some people get it, some people don’t.”
“Pain unlocks a secret doorway in the mind, one that leads to both peak performance and beautiful silence.”
“Living a life avoiding failure does only one thing for you; it never gives you the opportunity to see what you are truly capable of.”
“If you can get through doing things that you hate to do, on the other side is greatness.”
“Suffering is a test. That’s all it is. Suffering is the true test of life.”
“You address pain by facing it. Face it every single day of your life.”
“If you don’t challenge yourself, you don’t know yourself.”
“Never let people who choose the path of least resistance steer you away from your chosen path of most resistance.”
“We all have the ability to come from nothing to something.”
“It’s so easy to be great nowadays because most people are weak.”
“A lot of us don’t know about another world that exists for us because it’s on the other side of suffering.”
“There is no better way to grow as a person than to do something every day that you hate.”
“Everybody comes to a point in their life when they want to quit. But it’s what you do at that moment that determines who you are.”
“When you look in the mirror, that’s the one person you cannot lie to.”
“You can will yourself to do almost anything you want.”
“They say there’s always light at the end of the tunnel, but not once your eyes adjust to the darkness.”
More Goggins Quotes
- “You don’t find mental toughness by watching motivational videos. You don’t find it in a book. You find it within yourself through struggle.”
- “Your journey starts with one simple question — why the hell am I on planet earth.”
- “If you’re not real and raw with who the f**k who you are, nothing is going to change.”
- “You have to live in your own world. Don’t judge or compare yourself to what you see on social media.”
- “Running and exercising callouses the mind. I’m not training for a race, I’m training for life.”
- “All of us are torn between comfort and performance, between settling for mediocrity or being willing to suffer in order to become our best self.”
- “A lot of people have a good starting point. They come from a good foundation. But what if you could surpass all of those motherf**kers?”
- “Most wars are won and lost in our own heads.”
- “From the time you take your first breath, you become eligible to die. You also become eligible to find your greatness and become the one warrior.”
- “The most important conversation you’ll ever have is the one with yourself. You wake up with it. You walk around with it. Eventually, you’re gonna act on it.”
- “Only you can master your mind, which is what it takes to live a bold life filled with accomplishments most people consider beyond their capability.”
- “The darkness is exactly what you need. Stop running from it.”
- “If you want to get better, do the things that no one else wants to do. Do the things that no one is even thinking about doing.”
Looking For More David Goggins?
I really hope that you enjoyed that collection of motivational David Goggins quotes.
The internet is filled with influencers and personalities that do a lot of talking.
What makes David Goggins so compelling is that he backs it up. The guy is worth millions of dollars, and do you know what he does when he’s not speaking in front of large audiences?
Working as a smokejumper in British Columbia.
The man literally jumps out of airplanes and drops himself right into the middle of forest fires to put them out.
That right there tells you everything you need to know about David Goggins.
If you’re looking for some additional motivation to go along with these David Goggins quotes, then I’ve got you covered.
The first place I’d start is by picking up his book, which is titled, “Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind And Defy The Odds.”
In the book, Goggins walks readers through his life story, which is filled with powerful lessons about perseverance, discipline, and the art of pushing your mind and body to the brink.
Additionally, Goggins has appeared on many large podcasts geared for those who want more from their life. One of my favorite long-form conversations is the one he had with Chris Williamson, which you can find below:
Lastly, there’s a plethora of motivational videos that feature Goggins. If you’re like me, you’re probably a sucker for these kinds of videos, so I’ll link a few of them below.
Hopefully, they provide you with that extra dose of motivation that you need to crush the day ahead.