In this article, we’re going to dive into a powerful list of self growth quotes meant to push you towards becoming the best version of yourself.
Motivational quotes aren’t a substitute for action, but it’s nonetheless helpful to heed the wisdom of other successful people.
Because no matter what your goals are, quotes can provide that little extra jolt of motivation as you’re making the uphill climb towards success.
So without further ado, let’s get into a list of personal growth quotes that will motivate you to continually strive towards greatness.
Inspirational Self Growth Quotes
Let’s kick off this list of self growth quotes with some inspirational quotes about becoming the best version of yourself.
- “If you do what is easy, life will be hard. If you do what is hard, life will be easy.” ~ Les Brown
- “Personal development is the belief that you are worth the effort, time, and energy needed to develop yourself.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” ~ Aldous Huxley
- “I tell people everywhere I go that my success began the day I started focusing on developing who I am as a person.” ~ Eric Thomas
- “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom.” ~ Victor Frankl
- “You’re not going to master your life in one day. Just relax. Master the day, and then just keep doing that over and over again.” ~ Unknown
- “Often, it’s not about becoming a new person, but becoming the person you were meant to be, and already are, but don’t know how to be.” ~ Heath L. Buckmaster
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
- “You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “The only person you are destined to be is the one you decide to become.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I realize that instead of growing into my best self, I’m reducing into my best self, by choosing to let go of regrets, fears, worry, doubt, and resentment.” ~ Karen Salmansohn
- “One can choose to go back toward safety or forward towards growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.” ~ Abraham Maslow
- “If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a lot of time dealing with a life you don’t want.” ~ Kevin Ngo
- “Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” ~ Steve Maraboli
- “Recognizing that you are not where you want to be is the starting point to begin changing your life.” ~ Deborah Day
- “There is no growth without risk. There is always something to be gained from experience. It is up to us to interpret our true self.” ~ Truth Devour
- “Put your heart, mind, intellect, and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” ~ Swami Sivananda
- “In any given moment we have two options; to step forward into growth or step back into safety.” ~ Abraham Maslow
- “Your personal growth, how you show up, and the ways in which you lead ultimately determine the success of your business and life.” ~ David J. Greer
- “Those who improve with age embrace the power of personal growth and personal achievement and begin to replace youth with wisdom, innocence with understanding, and lack of purpose with self-actualization.” ~ Bo Bennett
Short Self Growth Quotes
Here’s some more short self growth quotes that will motivate you to level up your life.
- “It is never too late to be what you might’ve been.” ~ George Addair
- “Become addicted to constant and never-ending self improvement.” ~ Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “We cannot become what we want by remaining who we are.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “The wound is the place where the light enters you.” ~ Rumi
- “Embrace the pace of your own journey.” ~ Unknown
- “Life is found in the dance between your deepest desire and your greatest fear.” ~ Tony Robbins
- “Success is not something to wait for, it is something to work for.” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” ~ Joe Dispenza
- “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” ~ Stephen Covey
- “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” ~ Rick Warren
- “You must have a level of discontent to feel the urge to want to grow.” ~ Idowu Koyenikan
- “If we’re growing, we’re always going to be outside of our comfort zone.” ~ John Maxwell
- “Change is inevitable but personal growth is a choice.” ~ Bob Proctor
- “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” ~ Gail Sheehy
- “Personal growth is about progress not perfection.” ~ Hal Elrod
- “With self-discipline most anything is possible.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still.” ~ Chinese Proverb
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” ~ Aristotle
- “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.” ~ Unknown
- “Every success story is a tale of constant adaptation, revision, and change.” ~ Richard Branson
Self Growth Quotes About Improving Your Mindset
If you want to keep reading, then here’s some more quotes about self growth and living up to your full potential.
- “Rule your mind or it will rule you.” ~ Buddha
- “You can’t hate yourself happy, criticize yourself thin, or shame yourself worthy. Real change begins with self-love and self-care.” ~ Jessica Garnter
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” ~ Socrates
- “Being the best version of yourself is also forgiving the ones which were not.” ~ Shweta
- “The only journey is the journey within.” ~ Rainer Maria Rilke
- “The key to change is recognizing that shame, judgment, and perfection doesn’t work. When we put pressure on ourselves and get lost in self-criticism, it actually inhibits the brain for learning.” ~ Shauna Shapiro
- “We fear discovering that we are more than we think we are. We fear that we actually possess the talent that our small voice tells us…We fear this because if it’s true, then we become estranged from all we know.” ~ Steven Pressfield
- “The purpose of learning is growth. And our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live.” ~ Mortimer Adler
- “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” ~ Aristotle
- “Eliminate the mindset of CAN’T! Because you can do anything.” ~ Tony Horton
- “Learn to be happy with what you have while working for what you want.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “We cannot solve our problems with the same mindset that we used to create them.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.” ~ Steve Maraboli
- “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” ~ Goethe J.W.
- “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” ~ Joshua J. Marine
- “Our greatest battles are that with our own minds.” ~ Jameson Fran
- “The man who views the world at 50 the same he did at 20 has wasted thirty years of his life.” ~ Muhammad Ali
Quotes On Growth And Progress
Self growth is all about progress. If you look back on the times in your life where you felt your best, it’s likely because you were making progress towards meaningful goals.
It’s stagnation that causes us to feel lost in life. As long as you’re moving forward, it’s hard for depression and unhappiness to catch you.
So here’s a list of self growth quotes that will keep you focused on personal growth even when things get hard.
- “The most important thing is that we must be constantly moving forward – yes, the progressive realization of a predetermined goal.” ~ Og Mandino
- “Dedicate yourself to continuous personal improvement; you are your most precious resource.” ~ Brian Tracy
- “It’s only after you’ve stepped out of your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “Growth is the great separator between those who succeed and those who don’t. When I see a person beginning to separate themselves from the pack, it’s almost always due to personal growth.” ~ John C. Maxwell
- “We make progress in society only if we stop cursing and complaining about its shortcomings and have the courage to do something about them.” ~ Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, and no one else.” ~ Les Brown
- “Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead.” ~ Morihei Uehshiba
- “Once we accept our limits, we can go beyond them.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “Improvement starts within you and depends on your efforts, so make the effort.” ~ Remez Sasson
- “Growth and change cannot be delegated.” ~ Lewis Mumford
- “Forgive the past. It is over. Learn from it and let go. People are constantly changing and growing. Do not cling to a limited, disconnected, negative image of a person in the past. See that person now. Your relationship is always alive and changing.” ~ Brian Weiss
- “There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.” ~ Nelson Mandela
- “Accountability is essential to personal growth, as well as team growth. How can you improve if you’re never wrong? If you don’t admit a mistake and take responsibility for it, you’re bound to make the same one again.” ~ Pat Summitt
- “It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” ~ Confucious
Personal Growth Quotes For Women
Last but not least, let’s dive into a powerful list of badass quotes from women about self growth.
- “It is not so much about who you used to be, as it is about who you choose to be.” ~ Sanhita Baruah
- “Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.” ~ Janice Trachtman
- “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.” ~ Hillary Clinton
- “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” ~ Shonda Rhimes
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before improving the world.” ~ Anne Frank
- “The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.” ~ Swati Sharma
- “The best protection that any woman can have is courage.” ~ Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- “The wake up call never comes at the right moment.” ~ Slyvia Salow
- “You can do anything you want, just not everything. Pick what you want, work harder than most to get it, and believe in yourself.” ~ Daina Trout
- “You won’t know until you try. Create without fear. If you mess up, who cares? You learn and move on.” ~ Michelle McHargue
- “Most of the reason that we don’t do things is because we’re afraid to fail. I just made a decision one day that I was not going to do things in my life based on fear.” ~ Sara Blakely
- “Growth is uncomfortable because you’ve never been here before, you’ve never been this version of you. So give yourself a little grace and breathe through it.” ~ Kristin Lohr
- “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of the time that we put in.” ~ Ariana Huffington
- “Growth is about you. Don’t set a goal for anyone else. If it’s not going to actually get you something you want, remember that you can walk away. That time and energy might be better spent on figuring out what your goals actually are.” ~ Jane Scudder
- “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” ~ Maya Angelou
Final Thoughts On These Self Growth Quotes
Well, that wraps up this list of self growth quotes!
As you chase the life you were meant to live, you’re going to encounter setbacks that make you want to give up. Some may even send you into a deep spiral where you feel like all hope is lost.
But given life’s twisted nature, these are usually the moments that turn out to be the most crucial to your personal growth.
Remember that if living an uncommon life was easy, everyone would get everything they’ve ever wanted.
So when you’re in the midst of chaos and struggle, turn to some of these personal growth quotes and use them as fuel to keep going.
You May Also Like These Articles: