In an era dominated by instant gratification, the value of perseverance often gets overshadowed.
Through sheer tenacity, you can improve any area of your life. Social skills, fitness. self-confidence, discipline, etc. You have every tool at your disposal to make massive progress, but don’t forget the most important one;
The grit to stick things out when it gets hard.
So in this article, I’ve compiled an extensive list of keep trying quotes that will undoubtedly inspire you to hustle your way towards success.
Ready to be inspired? Let’s dive in!
Keep Trying Quotes
- “Surrender is not an option, keep trying is the answer.” ~ Auliq Ice
- “Survival can be summed up in three words; never give up. That’s really the heart, just keep on trying.” ~ Bear Grylls
- “Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been to stand back up taller than you ever were.” ~ Inky Johnson
- “You didn’t get this far just to give up and start over. Rest if you need to this week, then keep going when you’re ready.”
- “You can make the decision to keep going or to stand still. Either way, the choice is yours to make, you have that power.”
- “There’s no ruler for measuring success. You just keep going until you’ve achieved what you want to achieve.”
- “I would rather fail pushing forward than in retreat.” ~ Grant Cardone
- “Just keep going like crazy and look back when it’s over. Otherwise, you just get confused.”
- “Success belongs to those who keep trying long after everyone else has given up.”
- “Anyone can start something; very few people can finish.” ~ Tim Grover
- “This is just your present situation. It’s not your final destination. Keep your chin up and keep going until you get to where you want to be.”
- “Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow – that is patience.”
- “Your success is not determined by your circumstances. It is defined by your attitude, your persistence, and your determination. Keep going, you’ve got this.”
- “No matter how bad things are right now, no matter how stuck you feel, no matter how many days you’ve spent crying and wishing things were different, no matter how hopeless and depressed you feel, I promise that you won’t feel this way forever. Keep going.” ~ Helen Wilson
- “The temporary satisfaction of quitting is outweighed by the eternal suffering of being a nobody.” ~ Andrew Tate
- “Persist and persevere, and you will find that most things you want are attainable.” ~ Lord Chesterfield
- “Dreams don’t have to be just dreams. You can make it a reality if you just keep pushing and keep trying. If it takes a few years, that’s great. And if it takes 10 or 20, then that’s part of the process.” ~ Naomi Osaka
- “You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s part of it.” ~ Denzel Washington
- “I will persist until I succeed. I will always take another step. If that is of no avail, I will take another. One step at a time is not too difficult. I know that small attempts, repeated over time, will complete any undertaking.” ~ Og Mandino
- “Persistence is the quality of winners. Successful people never, never give up.” ~ Lynda Field
- “The hustle brings the dollar. The experience brings the knowledge. The persistence brings success.” ~ Ross Simmonds
- “There’s no way to know what will happen if you keep trying, but you know exactly what will happen if you quit.”
- “All you need to succeed is average skill; but if you have phenomenal will, there’s nothing you can’t do.” ~ Eric Thomas
- “The most essential factor is persistence – the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come.” ~ James Whitcomb Riley
- “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
- “A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed like hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.” ~ Elbert Hubbard
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some keep trying quotes that will inspire your resilience.
- “Try, try, try, and keep on trying is the rule that must be followed to become an expert in anything.” ~ W. Clement Stone
- “Persistence guarantees that results are inevitable.” ~ Paramahansa Yogananda
- “Entrepreneurs average 3.8 failures before final success. What sets the successful ones apart is their amazing persistence.” ~ Lisa Amos
- “Set your target and keep trying until you reach it.” ~ Napoleon Hill
- “If you only do the work when it’s convenient or exciting, then you’ll never be consistent enough to achieve remarkable results.” ~ James Clear
- “Neither success nor failure is permanent. When you succeed, set new and exciting goals. If you fail, keep trying until you succeed. These are the only two paths.”
- “You may be disappointed if you fail. But you are doomed if you don’t try.” ~ Beverly Sills
- “Some things don’t always work out the way you plan. The main thing is to keep trying, do better next time, and deal with disappointment if it comes.” ~ Yogi Berra
- “If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” ~ Dale Carnegie
- “I won’t stop until I’ve achieved my goals and fulfilled my potential. I owe it to myself to live the life I’ve always dreamed of.” ~ Boss Babe
- “You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day.” ~ Marian Wright Edelman
- “When you’re thinking about giving up, don’t. When it looks like you’re not gonna make it, keep going.” ~ Steve Harvey
- “Keep your eye on the goal, keep moving towards your target.” ~ T. Harv Elker
- “Life has given you a keychain full of keys. It’s up to you to keep trying them until you find the one that unlocks your happiness.”
- “Keep walking, no matter what obstacles you encounter along the way. Not just because you have faith in the plan, but also because you have faith in yourself.”
- “Keep fighting through your worst days. It’s how you earn your best days.”
- “When you think you can’t take any more, guess what? You can. It’s proven by the stories of ordinary people in war.” ~ Jocko Willink
- “Keep striving for progress; you’re so much closer to success than you know.”
- “Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy we’re all fighting.” ~ Matt Lucas
- “All failures are temporary if you never give up.”
- “I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed; and the number of times I succeed is directly proportionate to the number of times I fail and keep trying.” ~ Tom Hopkins
- “If you do what is easy, life will be hard. If you do what is hard, life will be easy.” ~ Les Brown
- “At some point, you must wake up. You must force yourself to do the things you need to do, whether or not you want to do them.”
- “The harder I work, the more I live.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
- “Passion gives you the motivation to keep trying, even if you fail time after time.” ~ David Hunter
- “Every time you think someone has it good, it ain’t always good. Some people just make up their mind and grind through adversity.” ~ Ray Lewis
- “Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress.” ~ Seth Godin
- “I want the peace in knowing that it wasn’t for lack of hustling that I didn’t achieve my dreams. I want to know that the one thing in my control was under control.” ~ Jon Accuf
- “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” ~ Robert Collier
- “It is easy to sit up and take notice. What is difficult is getting up and taking action.” ~ Al Batt
- “People talk about throwing in the towel, but I don’t bring a towel to throw in.” ~ Trent Shelton
As you reflect upon these keep trying quotes, make an honest assessment of your own work ethic.
Are you the type of person who avoids discomfort or runs towards it?
Do you do the things you know you need to do regardless of how you feel, or do you wait for motivation to take action?
If you’re going to live the life you want, discomfort is inevitable. You have to go through stress, failure, and rejection to do anything worthwhile in this life.
I wish that there was a stress-free path to achievement, but it doesn’t exist. Here’s the silver lining though; as long as you keep trying and improving every single day, you will get there eventually.
You may not get there in a month, or three months, or even six months.
But as long as you don’t stray from the daily grind, the results you’re after are inevitable.
You May Also Like These Articles: