If you’re a fan of rap music, then you’ve undoubtedly heard of the late, great Young Dolph. The Memphis-born rapper rose to fame with his hard-hitting lyrics, catchy beats, and unapologetic attitude.
In addition to being a force of nature on the mic, Dolph was also known for mentoring troubled kids and helping young artists jumpstart their rap careers.
So when he was tragically gunned down outside of a Memphis restaurant in 2021, it was undoubtedly a sad day for many people. But even though he’s gone, there’s no denying that he had a positive impact on the world.
In order to pay tribute to this rap legend, let’s dive into some of the best Young Dolph quotes that capture the essence of his music and legacy.
Young Dolph Quotes
- “You only get one shot at life, one life to live, make the most out of it and put as many smiles on people’s faces as you can, help as many people as you can, get you some paper.” ~ Young Dolph
- “I like peace and quiet. It’s like I’m a loner.” ~ Young Dolph
- “While I was tryna make it, I always had to tell myself to stay focused and remember what I was chasin’ my dreams for.
- “Not a lot of people make it out of where I’m from but I’m a living example showing you that it’s possible. Work hard, play hard.” ~ Young Dolph
- “The key thing to success is just to never stop. Most people just give up too early.” ~ Young Dolph
- “I’ve done a lot of dirt and worked hard to get where I am.” ~ Young Dolph
- “Society admires risk-takers, but only the ones whose risks pay off.” ~ Young Dolph
- “If you’re gonna do things on the side, make sure it’s only for the money just to support what you really want to do and give it your all.” ~ Young Dolph
- “I know what the streets want to hear, I know what the streets goin’ through, the lingo, the fashion, everything. It ain’t nothin; it’s my real life.” ~ Young Dolph
- “I’m here to satisfy the people. I’m here to teach. I’m here to motivate. I’m here to give people the adrenaline, the push and support.” ~ Young Dolph
- “Everybody that you see around me, they’re kings. Every last one of them. I ain’t the only one that got paper.” ~ Young Dolph
- “As long as I keep going up and keep working, my value is going to increase.” ~ Young Dolph
- “A lot of people have dreams, but they don’t put any effort into making them come to life.” ~ Young Dolph
- “If you’re a workaholic, there’s no telling how successful you can end up becoming.” ~ Young Dolph
- “If you woke up today and thought about getting money, so did everyone else. You gotta outwork them and let your hustle show.” ~ Young Dolph
- “There’s no better feeling than making your dreams come true.” ~ Young Dolph
- “A lot of people get caught up in what’s going on around them instead of focusing on what’s best for you.” ~ Young Dolph
- “The main thing is to stay hungry. No matter how much I get, I’m always gonna stay hungry cause I remember where I came from.” ~ Young Dolph
- “You’re not gonna get to where you wanna be by focusing on what everyone else is doing.” ~ Young Dolph
- “When you die, you’re gonna be in that casket by yourself, so you can’t give a damn about what nobody thinks.” ~ Young Dolph
- “You ain’t gotta run your mouth. All you gotta do is let your actions speak.” ~ Young Dolph
- “When I’m finished doing music, I want people to remember me as just being great.” ~ Young Dolph
- “I used to drive down to these $2 million houses on the Riverfront and just think to myself “How can I get one of these houses?” ~ Young Dolph
- “Opportunities will knock, doors will swing open, concerns will be vanquished, and risks will pay off for those who work hard.” ~ Young Dolph
- “If you work hard enough, everybody is going to see it at some point.” ~ Young Dolph
Best Young Dolph Quotes About Life
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some more Young Dolph quotes about life.
- “The best thing is to invest in yourself, because it takes money to make money.” ~ Young Dolph
- “Wake up and get your hustle on. Take it as far as you can go with it.” ~ Young Dolph
- “I always knew that I was talented, but I also knew that I was willin’ to hustle harder than anybody. I knew I was gonna make it.” ~ Young Dolph
- “Whatever you wanna do, just go do it. Don’t stop.” ~ Young Dolph
- “Everybody wants to start off at the top and ball. But are you willing to do the work to ball? Are you even putting in the work right now?” ~ Young Dolph
- “A lot of people spend too much time watching everybody else and scrolling social media all day and they dictate their life off of what everybody else is doing.” ~ Young Dolph
- “I’m willing to help anyone who is working hard.” ~ Young Dolph
- “Lotta people just talk a big game, but I walk mine.” ~ Young Dolph
- “Nothing in this world stays the same forever. Everything happens for a reason.” ~ Young Dolph’
- “Have a good team. Let them do what they do and you do what you do. Have people around you that work and that will want to make you work even harder.” ~ Young Dolph
- “I was always real deep into music. From everything, all around the board – East coast, West coast, down south, everywhere. I just always been a fan of music and I knew I always wanted to do it my way.” ~ Young Dolph
- “Take things for what they are instead of what you want them to be.” ~ Young Dolph
- “You just gotta go harder than everyone else that’s tryna make it. That’s what’s gonna separate you from them.” ~ Young Dolph
- “While you’re waiting on even trying to do anything, try investing in yourself. Just try to keep going up and coming up with new things to do, being creative every day. Make this your life.” ~ Young Dolph
- “There’s no on and off switch when you’re really tryna get it. That switch gotta stay on at all times.” ~ Young Dolph
- “There’s no blueprint to success, you just gotta stay hungry. If you don’t stay hungry, you ain’t gonna get it.” ~ Young Dolph
- “There’s no feeling like being able to change somebody else’s life, man.” ~ Young Dolph
- “Get it done. People know they gotta work every day, and them the kind of people I respect. I respect people that build a career for themselves.” ~ Young Dolph
- “Do you wanna do this for the money or because you actually got a passion for it? If you actually got a passion for what you’re doing, you’ll break the bank.” ~ Young Dolph
- “People seem to be forgettin’ what a man really is nowadays. You ain’t a man if you don’t provide.” ~ Young Dolph
- “Once you get up and finally get across that line and you’ve got a brand to stand on, it’s going to be beneficial.” ~ Young Dolph
- “When Young Dolph is gone, they still gonna be talkin’ about the Paper Route Empire.” ~ Young Dolph
- “I like seeing artists with no buzz, because I can give them game, and they’ll take that and run with it. It’s not like someone who’s been around that feels like they know it all.” ~ Young Dolph
- “You learn how to make sacrifices, you learn to give things up to get into something you’re trying to get into.” ~ Young Dolph
- “You don’t need anybody’s validation. You don’t need anybody’s opinion. You do this for you and you only.” ~ Young Dolph
- “I ain’t scared. I love the hustle and I love the adrenaline of putting something together and going all the way through it.” ~ Young Dolph
- “You forego time. That’s the one thing you can’t pay for, the only thing you can’t get back at the end of the day. So you’ll have to learn to sacrifice that time for something you’re trying to invest in.” ~ Young Dolph
- “It’s always easier in retrospect to be confident in the decisions you’ve made when they worked out.” ~ Young Dolph
I hope that you enjoyed this list of Young Dolph quotes that embody what it means to overcome adversity and make it big.
Young Dolph was a gifted rapper whose music and message continues to resonate with people to this day. His flow and authenticity made him one of the most respected artists in the game.
And what’s perhaps even more admirable is that he really did his part to make his community a better place. From guiding young artists through their careers to serving as a mentor for troubled youth, Dolph did his part to make sure that he was more than an artist.
His legacy lives on through his music and the impact he made on the rap industry, and his quotes serve as a reminder of the immense talent and influence he possessed.
Rest in peace, Young Dolph.
You May Also Like These Articles: