In this article, we’re going to dive into some of the best Eric Thomas quotes of all-time!
Eric Thomas is one of the most well-known motivational speakers in the world today, but he comes from incredibly humble beginnings.
As a teenager, he was a homeless high-school dropout. He lived on the streets for two years, frequently going hungry and spending the night in abandoned buildings.
And while Thomas is far removed from the struggle, it’s evident he still has the same level of hunger he did back then.
He’s molded himself into the owner of a consulting firm, a best-selling author, and one of the leading personal development figures in the world today.
So without further ado, let’s dive into some of his best quotes that will motivate you to embrace the grind and achieve your goals!
Best Eric Thomas Quotes About Life
To kick off this list, here’s some of the best Eric Thomas motivational quotes about life.
- “If you’re still alive, you’ve not done everything you can do.”
- “You were created with a specific purpose. You are special.”
- “When the wrong people leave your life, the right things start happening.”
- “Are you gonna be apart of the 99% or are you ready to join the 1%?”
- “Things change for the better when we take responsibility for our own thoughts, decisions and actions.”
- “The next time you feel slightly uncomfortable with the pressure in your life, remember no pressure, no diamonds. Pressure is a part of success.”
- “People either inspire you to greatness or pull you down in the gutter, it’s that simple. No one fails alone, and no one succeeds alone.”
- “The most important thing is this; to be able at any moment to sacrifice what you are for what you will become.”
- “It’s realizing that a great dream is not as good as a great memory. The dream can be had by anyone. The memory must be made.”
- “You have to take advantage of the opportunity of a lifetime in the lifetime of the opportunity.”
- “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
- “You cannot afford to live in potential for the rest of your life. At some point, you have to unleash the potential and make your move.”
- “Don’t think about what can happen in a month. Don’t think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be.”
- “I do not take constructive criticism from people who have never constructed anything.”
- “Can you honestly say the environment(s) you are in will yield the kind of harvest you are expecting?”
- “A real man puts the work in when nobody is watching, because he loves the process.”
- “If you’re going to go to your next level, your values are going to have to change.”
- “There will never be a right time to do a great thing. You have to create that time. You have to create that opportunity.”
- “Apply the ABC’s of success to your life. Ask, Believe, and Claim it.”
- “All you need to succeed is average skill; but if you have phenomenal will, there’s nothing you can’t do.”
Eric Thomas Quotes On Hard Work & Hustle
Hard work and hustle is something that ET preaches constantly because his grittiness has played a huge role in his success.
So on that note, here’s some of the best Eric Thomas quotes about working hard and hustling for your dreams.
- “Keep grinding! Stay persistent! One day you’re gonna wake up and be exactly where you dreamed you would be.”
- “Everybody has a dream, but not everybody has a grind.”
- “Start where you are, with what you have, because what you have is plenty.”
- “Fall in love with the process, and the results will come.”
- “When all your energy is gone! When you have nothing left! That’s when it’s show time!”
- “When you find your WHY, you don’t hit snooze no more. You find a way to make it happen.”
- “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, but I can tell you this; it will be worth the sacrifice if you can grind your way through it.”
- “You can’t cheat the grind, it knows how much you’ve invested, it won’t give you nothing you haven’t worked for.”
- “It’s your dream. If you want it to happen, get off your butt and make it happen. If you want it to happen, rise and grind.”
- “Put in 120% in whatever you do. This opportunity you have might not be here next year, or the year after that. This is the only moment you’ve got.”
- “Rich people don’t waste time. They realize it’s their most important commodity.”
- “Don’t make a habit of choosing what feels good over what’s actually good for you.”
- “Maybe, just maybe, I was pointing the finger because it was easier to make excuses than it was to make adjustments.”
- “This cannot be the year of talking. Of wishing. Of wanting. This has to be the year you get it done!”
- “The only way to get out of mediocrity is to keep shooting for excellence.”
- “You might be stronger than me. You might be faster than me, but you will not outwork me. You will not have more drive than I have; more passion than I have, and I will beat you every single day because I have passion.”
- “It’s one thing to talk about your destiny. It’s one thing to dream about your destiny. But it’s another thing to make the decisions that you’re supposed to make when you wake up.”
Eric Thomas Quotes About Success
Enjoying this list of quotes so far? Then you might also enjoy these David Goggins quotes or this list of inspirational Denzel Washington quotes.
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s more Eric Thomas quotes about success.
- “You have to eat it. You have to sleep it. You have to drink it. It has to consume who you are.”
- “The difference between those who succeed and fail; not taking advantage of opportunities.”
- “Do what you can to get closer to where you want to be.”
- “Success does not require you to look out the window, it only requires that you look in the mirror.”
- “If you’re trying to get to the next level, you have to change your circle of influence.”
- “To be successful, you only need one person to believe it’s possible.”
- “You can’t sleep. Broke people sleep. You have to be willing to sacrifice sleep, because if you sleep you may miss the opportunity to be successful.”
- “If you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it.”
- “You either do what is hard and you succeed or do what is easy and live in mediocrity.”
- “The people who do things consistently and on time are the ones who surpass people who are talented and gifted.”
- “If you want to be a diamond, you must go through extreme pressure.”
- “It doesn’t take talent. You don’t need to be talented. You don’t need to be the most intelligent. You just need to grind to get where I am. You will not outwork me.”
- “Everybody’s got a dream. Everybody’s got a goal. Everybody wants something in life. But for many of you, your beast mode is off.”
- “Real lions love to hunt. They love the process just as much as they love the prize.”
- “Are you ready to sacrifice who you are, for what you will become?”
- “Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners.”
- “All roads that lead to success have to pass through hard work boulevard at some point.”
- “Meaningful success begins when we take ownership and actively take responsibility for our part in the shortcomings of our life.”
- “Desire and imagination have the potential to position a person for greatness.”
- “When you’re great, you attract great! When you’re average, you attract average!”
Epic Motivational Quotes From Eric Thomas
Let’s keep this list going with some more epic Eric Thomas quotes that are incredibly motivational. Feel free to also check out these Les Brown quotes or this list of Steve Harvey quotes if you’re looking for further inspiration.
- “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”
- “Make the rest of your life the best of your life.”
- “We all have the ability to produce greatness in our lives.”
- “Stop being average. You’re not even good, you were born to be great.”
- “Be phenomenal or be forgotten.”
- “I don’t ever want you to settle for another average day in your life.”
- “I dare you to be great. I challenge you to be great in every single thing that you do.”
- “If you think you become a champion on the field, you don’t. You become a champion when nobody is watching you.”
- “I dare you to be alone. I dare you to spend an hour alone getting to know yourself.”
- “I am not suggesting that emotions don’t have their place, but taking actions based purely on emotions is dangerous and could cost you everything.”
- “To get to that next level, you’ve gotta learn to get comfortable being uncomfortable.”
- “You will never be the best copycat in the world, but you can be the best you in the world.”
- “When you find your why, you find a way to make it happen.”
- “No alarm clock needed. My passion wakes me up.”
- “What will you do with your pain? Will you let it break you, or will you let it redefine you?”
- “Most of you think that a lion is who he is because of how ferocious he is when he catches that gazelle. But a part of being a beast isn’t just eating the gazelle, it’s about the hunt.”
- “How you see yourself and how you envision the world around you is of great importance because those things become your focus.”
- “It only takes one extra push up. It only takes one extra mile. It only takes one extra effort.”
Eric Thomas Quotes On Pain & Struggle
- “Work through your pain. On the other side of pain is a reward. Pain isn’t permanent.”
- “You say you want to be great, but on the other hand you’re comfortable with average.”
- “If you’re not where you think you should be in life, it has nothing to do with the system, but everything to do with the fact that you’re not making the sacrifice.”
- “To be successful is never convenient. The things you have to go through are never convenient.”
- “It’s OK to lose, but you can never get comfortable with it. You can never be satisfied with losing. When you lose, it’s got to hurt.”
- “If you’re willing to put in blood, sweat, and tears, then you can have, be, and do what you want.”
- “I was homeless for two and half years. And the problem with most of you, you’ve never felt any pain before. Y’all spoiled.”
- “Success is not for the weak and uncommitted. Sometimes it’s gonna hurt.”
- “Everyone wants to shine bright like a diamond, but no one wants to get cut.”
- “Every human has what it takes to get through whatever they’re going through if they decide to.”
- “If you are going to win the fight of your life, you can’t be afraid to fight.”
- “You can get through this. You are bigger than your pain. Don’t give up, don’t give in.”
- “Don’t cry to give up, cry to keep going. You’re already in pain. You’re already hurt…get a reward from it!”
- “Be stronger than your excuses. At the end of pain is success.”
- “At the end of pain is success.”
- “You can get through this. You are bigger than your pain. Don’t give up, don’t give in.”
- “Everybody wants to be a beast until it’s time to do what beasts do.”
- “If you can look up, you can get up.”
More Motivation From Eric Thomas
Eric Thomas is directly responsible for the fire that started to develop inside of me as a teenager.
He really changed the way that I looked at life. I still remember being a freshman in high school, stumbling upon his content, and being awe-struck at how powerful his message was.
His delivery, his tone, and his energy were unmatched. So if you can’t get enough of Eric Thomas quotes, the two videos below are phenomenal sources of motivation.
These videos are part of the “How Bad Do You Want It?” series that went viral back in 2011, and they’re just as powerful today.
Feeling ready to run through a wall now? Then here’s part two that’s just as powerful as the original.
I hope that you enjoyed this list of the best Eric Thomas quotes of all-time!
There’s nothing like a little motivational jetfuel to get you inspired, but you know what’s even better?
Clicking off this article and actually taking action on your goals. ET is all about action, and you need to be too if you’re gonna achieve great things.
So enough talking, wishing, and dreaming…get off the couch and go make it happen!
What’s one positive step you’re going to take today that will move you towards the life you want?
You May Also Like These Articles: