Focusing on yourself isn’t easy in a world where we have unparalleled access to the lives of others.
Pull up any social media app and you’ll see people showing off a lifestyle that most of us can only dream of — fancy cars, private jets, lavish homes, etc.
Comparing your progress to these standards creates an unrealistic picture of what success really looks like. And deeper than that, it serves as a constant reminder that you’re not where you want to be.
If you want to fast track your success, you’ve gotta cut out the noise and put all of your focus into your own journey.
So without further ado, let’s get into this list of focus on yourself quotes that will bring this message home.
Motivational Focus On Yourself Quotes
Let’s start this list off with some focus on yourself quotes that emphasize the importance of putting your own personal growth first.
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
- “If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~ Unknown
- “Never allow your mind to wander untamed like a wild animal that exists on the basis of survival of the fittest. Tame your mind with consistent focus on your goals and desires.” ~ Stephen Richards
- “Focus on yourself — do what you want, when you want, without having to consider anyone else’s agenda.” ~ Lauren Weisberger
- “You have to focus on yourself, feel as good as you can, and make your relationship with yourself a priority. When you do that, everything else will fall into place.” ~ Elizabeth Daniels
- “Beginning today, set an intention and a relentless focus on living your life as the greatest person you can be, in all situations.” ~ Brendon Burchard
- “Your greatest gains and successes happen when you push yourself to new places and new limits.” ~ Ed Mylett quote
- “If you don’t separate yourself from your distractions, your distractions will separate you from your goals.”
- “The direction of your focus is the direction your life will move. Let yourself move toward what is good, valuable, strong, and true.” ~ Ralph Marston
- “It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I learned long ago to focus on things you can control and don’t even pay attention to things you don’t.” ~ Bryan Cranston
- “You don’t get results by focusing on results. You get results by focusing on the actions that produce results.” ~ Mike Hawkins
- “Ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.” ~ Unknown
- “You become what you digest into your spirit. Whatever you think about, focus on, read about, talk about, you’re going to attract more of into your life. Make sure they’re all positive.” ~ Germany Kent
- “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” ~ M. Scott Peck
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” ~ Shannon L. Adler
- “Be brave enough to live the life of your dreams according to your vision and purpose instead of the expectations and opinions of others.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
Short Quotes About Focusing On Yourself
Let’s keep things rolling with some more short and powerful focus on yourself quotes.
- “You have your own life, why waste it focusing on others.” ~ Nitin Namdeo
- “Real change will come when you focus on yourself.” ~ Ritu Ghatourey
- “Focus on yourself. No one can do it better.” ~ Unknown
- “The funny thing is when you start feeling happy alone, that’s when everyone decides to be with you.” ~ Harvey Specter
- “Always remember, your focus determines your reality.” ~ George Lucas
- “Focus on you until the focus is on you.” ~ Unknown
- “Focus on making yourself better, not on thinking that you are better.” ~ Bohdi Sanders
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” ~ George Elliot
- “Focus on the possibilities for success, not on the potential for failure.” ~ Napoleon Hill
- “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” ~ Bruce Lee
- “When you say ‘yes’ to others make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” ~ Paulo Coehlo
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ~ Oscar Wilde
- “You are never too old to reinvent yourself.” ~ Steve Harvey quote
- “Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.” ~ Lao Tzu
- “Don’t focus on the competition, focus on ways to make yourself better.” ~ Nopal Green
- “You’ve sacrificed too much for others. Now do the same for yourself.” ~ Mitta Xinindlu
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Self-Love Quotes About Focusing On Yourself
Enjoying this list of quotes about focusing on yourself? Then you might also enjoy these quotes on work ethic or this list of short badass quotes.
If you just want to keep reading, then here’s some more quotes on the importance of focusing on self-love.
- “When you focus on yourself, and love yourself, some relationships have to go.” ~ Adrian Michael
- “When you focus on yourself, you create more self-worth.” ~ Nitin Namdeo
- “Love yourself first and everything else really falls into place. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” ~ Lucille Ball
- “I keep myself motivated by attempting to control three areas of my life; focus, confidence, and direction.” ~ Anya Graham
- “Your greatest responsibility is to love yourself and to know you are enough.” ~ Unknown
- “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.” ~ Wayne Dyer
- “Treat yourself as if you were someone that you are responsible for helping.” ~ Jordan Peterson
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “Do not have an attitude, open yourself and focus yourself and express yourself. Reject external form that fails to express external reality.” ~ Bruce Lee
- “If you would be less concerned with someone else’s shine and focus on your grind, you would see the growth and progress that you desire in your own life.” ~ Germany Kent
- “I believe the only thing that we really have control over is our attitude. If we focus on the positive things in our lives and learn how to cope with all the surprises, we will be happier people.” ~ Brandon Jenner
- “Focus on your opinion of yourself and not the opinion others have of you.” ~ Winnie Harlow
- “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” ~ Bob Moawad
- “The earlier you learn that you should focus on what you have, and not obsess about what you don’t have, the happier you will be.” ~ Amy Poehler
Sometimes You Need To Focus On Yourself Quotes
- “Focus on yourself and not the world. Fight the battles inside you first and then watch the world change around you.” ~ C.R. Elliot
- “Instead of blaming yourself for what others think, you should focus on what truly matters to you and how minding your own business helps you create your best self.” ~ Dr. Prem Jagyasi
- “You really can achieve your goals, if you believe in yourself and your abilities, manage your time properly and focus on getting it done.” ~ Theo Gold
- “If you feel burnout setting in, if you feel demoralized and exhausted, it is best, for the sake of everyone, to withdraw and restore yourself.” ~ Dalai Lama
- “In order to move on you need to stop focusing on their life, and you need to start focusing on your own life.” ~ Sonya Parker
- “I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest.” ~ Venus Williams
- “You’ll achieve far more personal satisfaction trying to impress yourself than you will trying to impress someone else.” ~ Kory Livingstone
- “To rid yourself of old patterns, focus all your energy not on struggling with the old, but on building the new.” ~ Dan Millman
- “You can never be happy living someone else’s dream. Live your own.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “Your entitled mind is dead weight. Cut it loose. Don’t focus on what you think you deserve. Take aim on what you are willing to earn!” ~ David Goggins
- “Process, not product. If you find yourself avoiding certain tasks because they make you uncomfortable, there is a great way to reframe things; learn to focus on process, not product.” ~ Barbara Oakley
- “It doesn’t matter what others think. This is about YOU. Create a life that you genuinely love with your whole heart and start with yourself.” ~ Brittany Burgunder
- “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give, and nobody will care for you.” ~ Karl Lagerfeld
- “Whenever you feel compelled to put others first at the expense of yourself, you are denying your own reality, your own identity.” ~ David Stafford
- “When you focus on problems, you’ll have more problems. When you focus on possibilities, you’ll have more opportunities.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “You’ll stumble upon something you can’t stop thinking about, something more important than anything else. Make it the focus of your life.” ~ Maxime Legace
Time To Focus On Myself Quotes
Let’s wrap up this list of focus on yourself quotes with closing thoughts about the power of leveling up your life daily.
Feel free to also check out this list of quotes about living for yourself or this list of quotes on bettering yourself.
- “Be so busy improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.” ~ Unknown
- “Don’t focus on where you are today, keep positive and see yourself accomplishing your goals and fulfilling your destiny.” ~ Joel Osteen
- “Nothing can stop you from being happy except yourself. Focus on positive thoughts.” ~ Lailah Gifty Akita
- “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.” ~ Steve Jobs
- “You can’t just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream. You’ve got to make it happen for yourself.” ~ Diana Ross
- “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” ~ Louise L. Hay
- “Forward thinkers create a plan, focus on the plan, and execute the plan. Procrastinators just talk about the plan, get distracted with the minor things and postpone the plan. We don’t need time management, we need life management with purpose.” ~ Farshad Asl
- “If you find yourself complaining a lot then you are problem-oriented. Focus on what you can do, not on what you can’t do to become solution-oriented.” ~ Akiroq Brost
- “Let people do what they need to do to make them happy. Mind your own business, and do what you need to do to make you happy.” ~ Leon Brown
- “A clear vision, backed by definite plans, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power.” ~ Brian Tracy
- “The only one you should compare yourself to is you. Your mission is to become better today than you were yesterday. You do that by focusing on what you can do today to improve and grow.” ~ John Maxwell
- “When you shift your attention to yourself, there are countless opportunities to explore.” ~ Nitin Namdeo
- “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions…Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” ~ Tina Fey
- “Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream that no one can see except you.” ~ Unknown
- “Focus on your dream and do everything in your power. You have the power to change your life circumstances.” ~ Nick Vujicic
- “The secret to focusing on your dream is to touch it every single day of your life.” ~ Oscar Bimpong
- “Focus on your dream and never quit. It is always too soon to quit. If you quit, you can’t succeed. By achieving your dream you will be an inspiration to others. You will set the example and make an enormous impact on the world.” ~ Rudy Reuttiger
I hope you enjoyed this list of focus on yourself quotes!
In a noisy world where everyone is quick to post their wins, it’s crucial that you keep your mind focused on your own vision.
It’s tempting to compare your progress to others, but that’s a fool’s game. The only person you should compare yourself to is the person you were yesterday.
Daily improvement on yesterday’s version of yourself is all that matters. So cut out the unnecessary noise, get clear on what you want, and go after it with everything you have.
You May Also Like These Articles: