In this article, we’re going to dive into some powerful working on yourself quotes for those of you hustling to upgrade your life.
From the moment you commit to leveling up your character, you’re gonna be faced with trials and tribulations.
People may question why you’re doing the things you’re doing. Progress will almost always come slower than you expect. You’ll often doubt whether or not the best version of you is actually attainable.
But regardless of the circumstances you’re in right now, forward momentum is the only option you have.
You’re not gonna become your ideal self overnight, but you will see monumental personal growth if daily action becomes the north star in your life.f
So without further ado, let’s dive into the following quotes that will motivate you to keep upgrading and improving yourself.
Inspirational Working On Yourself Quotes
Let’s kick off this list with some inspirational quotes about working on yourself!
- “You can’t just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream. You’ve got to get out there and make it happen for yourself.” ~ Diana Ross
- “Nothing will change until you stop making excuses for why you can’t change it.”
- “Ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.”
- “If you want to get better, do the things that no one else wants to do. Do the things that no one is even thinking about doing.” ~ David Goggins quote
- “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” ~ Aldous Huxley
- “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ~ C.S. Lewis
- “Don’t get upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.” ~ Inky Johnson quote
- “No one can go back in time to change what has happened. So, work on your present to make yourself a wonderful future.”
- “When it comes to your dreams, you have two choices: pursue them or be haunted by them.” ~ Mel Robbins quote
- “Be so busy working to reach your goals that you don’t have the time to hate on someone else who is trying to reach theirs.” ~ CT Fletcher quote
- “From a certain point onward there is longer any turning back. That is the point that must be reached.” ~ Franz Kafka
- “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” ~ Golda Meir
- “The only thing standing between you and your goals is the story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” ~ Jordan Belfort
- “You influence others better by working on yourselves to grow and add your own value; others will see what you have become and be attracted by what they see and observe.” ~ Lucas Shallua
- “Stop looking at time. Work on yourself. Be the greatest version of yourself and let the time look at you and get astonished by your massive transformation.” ~ Hiral Nagda
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” ~ Barack Obama
Short Working On Myself Quotes
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some more powerful quotes about working on yourself.
- “It’s never too late to realize what you want in your life and it’s never wrong to fight for it.” ~ Drake
- “Stop reading inspirational quotes and get to work.” ~ Guy Kawasaki
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” ~ Karen Lamb
- “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” ~ Rick Warren
- “No matter how far you’ve traveled in the wrong direction, it’s never too late to turn around.”
- “Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you want to become.” ~ James Clear
- “Work on yourself more than you do on your own job.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “The only person that limits you stares back at you in the mirror every single day.” ~ Andy Frisella quote
- “In life you either need desperation or inspiration.” ~ Tony Robbins
- “The only person you’re destined to be is the one you decide to become.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” ~ J.P. Morgan
- “If we want to change the world, we change ourselves.” ~ Jack Ma
- “All great changes are preceded by chaos.” ~ Deepak Chopra
- “If you can get 1 percent better each day for one year, you’ll end up thirty-seven times better by the time you’re done.” ~ James Clear
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “Your next level requires transformation.” ~ Germany Kent
- “Focus on making yourself better, not on thinking that you are better.” ~ Harvey Specter quote
Quotes About Improving Yourself
Let’s keep things rolling with some more working on yourself quotes that will motivate you to keep leveling up your life.
- “Growth is simply learning how to suffer gracefully, elegantly, and not letting your pain completely tear you apart.” ~ Nikita Gill
- “Growth doesn’t always mean more. Taking away the unnecessary elements in life can bring about the clarity you seek.”
- “Every success story is a tale of constant adaptation, revision, and change.” ~ Richard Branson
- “Every day of our lives, we are on the verge of making those slight changes that would make all the difference.” ~ Mignon McLaughlin
- “The moment you take responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you can change anything in your life.” ~ Hal Elrod
- “Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction can be the biggest step of your life.” ~ Naeem Callaway
- “If you aren’t willing to take the necessary steps to change your life, then you don’t get to complain about your life.”
- “Recognizing that you are not where you want to be is a starting point to begin changing your life.” ~ Deborah Day
- “If you look at the people in your circle and you don’t get inspired, you don’t have a circle, you have a cage.” ~ Nipsey Hussle quote
- “Pick one thing to change, make it your number one priority, and see it through before you move on to the next.” ~ Jay Shetty quote
- “True work begins when you work on yourself, and the reward shows up for you in ways you can only imagine.”
- “There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself…there are no limits.” ~ Michael Phelps
- “Start off small and build each day. Overwhelming yourself will stunt your growth.”
- “Day by day elevate yourself to a breathtaking level by working on your passions.” ~ Hiral Nagda
- “The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it is called the present.” ~ Alice Morse Earle
- “Quit blaming your past for your current condition. Yesterday has nothing to do with today or tomorrow unless you decide it does.” ~ Grant Cardone quote
Self Change Quotes
To wrap up this list, here’s some working on yourself quotes that will motivate you to keep pursuing your goals.
- “You’ll never become who you were meant to be if you are content with staying who you are.”
- “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” ~ Steve Maraboli
- “Personal growth is not a matter of learning new information but unlearning old limits.” ~ Alan Cohen
- “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.” ~ Bob Goff
- “Change and growth can be tough. But nothing is as tough as staying stuck in the same place where you aren’t meant to be.” ~ Lewis Howes
- “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” ~ Viktor Frankl
- “The first step towards a new beginning is realizing that you need a change.”
- “If you continue to think the way you’ve always thought, you’ll continue to get what you’ve always got.” ~ Kevin Trudeau
- “Never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.” ~ Charles Dickens
- “Life is about change, sometimes it’s painful, sometimes it’s beautiful, but most of the time it’s both.” ~ Krisitin Kreuk
- “Being the narrator of your life allows you to create new beginnings anytime you want.”
- “If you want to see where you are going, you need to stop looking at the past.”
- “Success isn’t overnight. It’s when every day you get a little bit better than the day before. It all adds up.” ~ Dwayne Johnson quote
- “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” ~ Michael Jordan
- “Self-transformation is not just about changing yourself. It means shifting yourself to a completely new dimension of experience and perception.” ~ Jaggi Vasudev
Final Thoughts On These Work On Yourself Quotes
I hope that you enjoyed this list of working on yourself quotes!
There’s a significant amount of pain involved in working on yourself. As you start feeling the pull towards a better you, your brain will respond by fighting like hell to maintain the status quo.
Your brain wants to keep you alive, and it perceives any action that deviates from your current identity as a threat to your survival. That’s why you feel intense friction when you’re about to do the scary, uncomfortable things that improve your life.
But at the end of the day, that friction isn’t going anywhere. It’s going to be there every single day as you work towards becoming your ideal self.
The only question is this: will you let it define you or rise above it?
You May Also Like These Articles: