In this article, we’re going to dive into the best work hard play hard quotes that will highlight the importance of enjoying your life.
The “work hard play hard” philosophy is a great one to adopt. Because at the end of the day, most of you reading this want the best of both worlds in life.
Sure, you want financial independence and the peace of mind that comes with having lots of money in the bank.
But more than that, you want to live a fulfilling life that’s filled with fun and interesting experiences you can look back on fondly.
You don’t want to choose between having fun and making lots of money — and why would you when you can do both?
So without further ado, here’s a list of quotes that will motivate you to attain the best of both worlds.
Motivating Work Hard Play Hard Quotes
Let’s kick off this list with some inspirational work hard play hard quotes about enjoying the fruits of your labor.
- “We do today what they won’t, so tomorrow we accomplish what they can’t.” ~ Dwayne Johnson quote
- “Everybody wants to be famous, but nobody wants to do the work. I live by that. You grind hard so you can play hard.” ~ Kevin Hart
- “Study hard. Work hard. Play harder. Don’t be bound by rules. Don’t hurt anybody and never ever live somebody else’s dream.” ~ Shah Rukh Khan
- Life balance is a myth. It’s an illusion, and the very pursuit of it is driving us crazy. For me, it’s about proportion. It’s really a work hard, play hard equation.” ~ Danielle LaPorte
- “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” ~ Bill Watterson
- “Work hard, play hard, live big, love big.” ~ Daren Martin
- “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” ~ Dale Carnegie
- “The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley
- “By working hard, you get to play guilt free.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “The world’s most successful entrepreneurs play hard, but they work even harder.” ~ Ben Barr
- “It’s not about how much you make. It’s about what you can do with it. Work hard so you can play hard.”
- “Money doesn’t mean anything to me. I’ve made a lot of money, but I want to enjoy life and not stress myself building a bank account.” ~ Keanu Reeves
- “Worse than fear of failure is fear of criticism. You do nothing and you’re a loser. You do something and you care too much. Just do what you want and enjoy life.” ~ Ed Latimore
- “Don’t feel bad about letting yourself have fun. It’s a valuable way to spend your time – especially when things get heavy.”
- “I’m a firm believer that if you work hard, you should play hard. So, I try to keep my life as balanced as possible to keep my sanity.” ~ Alicia Sacramone
- “I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m very grateful for life. And I live it – I believe life loves the liver of it.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “I work hard and I party hard. When I go to work, I know what I am doing, and I do it to the best of my abilities. When I party, I take exactly the same rule book with me.” ~ Rhys Ifans
- “What’s the best measure of success? Never underestimate the value of having fun.” ~ Robert Herjavec
Funny Work Hard Play Hard Quotes
Enjoying this list of quotes so far? Then you may also enjoy these work ethic quotes or this list of quotes for haters.
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some funny quotes about working hard and playing hard.
- “Enjoy life. There’s plenty of time to be dead.” ~ Hans Christian Andersen
- “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” ~ The Shining
- “Work hard, so you can shop harder.”
- “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. But all play and no work makes him something worse.” ~ Samuel Smiles
- “You know another word for “party”? Celebration. You know another word for “celebrate”? Have f**king fun.” ~ George Saunders
- “Here’s to the nights we don’t remember and the friends we won’t forget.” ~ The Hangover
- “Alcohol may be a man’s worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.” ~ Frank Sinatra
- “When you play, play hard. When you work, don’t play at all.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” ~ Edgar Bergen
- “I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade…And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.” ~ Ron White
- “All work and no play will make you sad and grey!” ~ Habeeb Akande
- “Men play harder than they work; women work harder than they play.” ~ Mary Roberts Rinehart
- “Even though you’re growing up, you should never stop having fun.” ~ Nina Dobrev
Work Hard Play Harder Quotes
To wrap up this list, here’s more work hard play hard quotes to bring home the idea that building wealth is just as important as enjoying it.
- “Give yourself permission to step into a big life. Step into who you were meant to be. Stop playing small. You’re meant for greater things.”
- “Every morning, you have two choices; continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.” ~ Carmelo Anthony
- “Don’t ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is the special occasion.” ~ Mary Engelbreit
- “Surround yourself with those who take their work seriously, but not themselves, those who work hard and play hard.” ~ Colin Powell
- “I’ve lived my life the way I wanted to, whether scaling the mountains, partying long into the night or having fun playing soccer.” ~ Marat Safin
- “Live for today, plan for tomorrow, party tonight.” ~ Drake
- “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
- “Work hard, play hard, dream big, love loads, laugh as much as you can, and give back.”
- “You can create the freedom to design your day.” ~ Krista Aoki
- “When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.” ~ Joe Namath
- “The goal is not simply to ‘work hard play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.” ~ Simon Sinek
- “Work hard, have fun, make history.” ~ Jeff Bezos
- “Remember the motto: ‘Work hard, play hard.’ Regard your personal time as just as important as your work time and give as much attention to planning it as you do to planning your work. What are you working for if you don’t have a personal life?” ~ Mark Forster
- “Practice hard, train hard, work hard, and play harder.” ~ Alcurtis Turner
I hope that you enjoyed this list of work hard play hard quotes!
One of the drawbacks of “hustle culture” is that many people feel like they need to choose between having fun or achieving success.
But life isn’t that black and white, it’s about establishing the balance that works for you and then letting that guide your actions.
Don’t let your desire to have fun stop you from working hard, and don’t let your desire to work hard stop you from having fun.
Because when you get to the end of your life, the last thing you want is to regret not living it to the fullest.
You May Also Like These Quotes