Getting up earlier is one of the simplest ways to fast-track the journey towards your most ambitious goals.
It’s really just a math game — getting up two hours earlier gives you a two hour head start every single day.
Compounded over the course of an entire year, that’s 730 extra hours that you can leverage to be productive and achieve your goals and dreams.
But getting up early is easier said than done. After all, the snooze button can seem irresistible when you’re covered up in your sheets at 6 a.m.
The following wake up early quotes will help you get motivated to spring out of bed and win the first battle of the day — the one against your alarm clock.
Use these wake up early quotes as fuel next time you feel like you need that extra 1-2 hours of sleep, even though deep down you know you really don’t.
How Do You Motivate Yourself To Wake Up Early?
Before we get into some of the best wake up early quotes, you’re probably wondering how successful people motivate themselves to avoid the snooze button every day.
Well, the first point to address is that they’re not relying on motivation. They have something far more powerful working in their favor — the power of habit.
As you repeat a behavior each day, it begins to solidify into your brain. The neural connections grow stronger, and then your brain begins to automate the behavior in order to conserve energy.
After months of repeated action, you don’t need to exert any self-discipline to perform the behavior because it’s now a programmed response that happens on auto-pilot.
That’s why early risers don’t face any internal dilemmas when their alarm clock sounds at 5 a.m — they just let their natural habits take over and roll out of bed.
But how do you get to that point? How can you make the act of getting up early a firmly ingrained habit that doesn’t require any willpower?
Given that I’m an early riser myself, here’s a few tips that have helped me solidify the habit of waking up while everyone else is asleep.
#1: Place Your Alarm Clock On The Other Side Of The Room
Many times, we hit the snooze button purely for the sake of convenience. But what if it wasn’t so easy?
What if it was actually harder to press snooze than actually get out of bed? Well, it’s easier than it sounds — just place your phone/alarm clock on the other side of the room.
This forces you to get out of bed in order to turn off your alarm. And once you’re out of bed, you’ve won the hardest part of the battle.
All you’ve gotta do is take a few steps towards the kitchen or bathroom and start your usual morning routine. Once your morning routine gets rolling, it’s almost impossible to turn around and get back under the sheets.
#2: Put These Wake Up Early Quotes To Use
When you get up in the morning, what’s the first thing you see? Is it the social media feeds of your friends, or your email inbox, or your text messages?
Whatever it is, it’s likely not motivating you to start your day. However, this is where you can put the power of inspirational quotes to good use.
As we go through the following list of quotes about waking up early, pick one that resonates with you and set it as your phone’s lock screen.
That way, when you drag yourself out of bed to turn your alarm off, the background image on your phone reminds you to stay disciplined and get the day started.
#3: Have A Plan For The Next Day
Another way to make waking up early easier is to ensure that you wake up each day with a plan for how you’re going to spend your time.
I’ve always found myself much more motivated to get moving in the morning when I’ve outlined what I need to get to work on ahead of time.
Before you go to bed each night, make sure that you take a few minutes to write down some productive things to do with your time when you wake up.
When you know that the 1-2 extra hours of sleep you want is going to suck time away from clearly defined responsibilities, you’ll feel a little more guilty about getting back in bed.
Motivational Wake Up Early Quotes
Without further ado, let’s get into the best wake up early quotes that will motivate you to ditch the snooze button.
If one of these quotes really resonates with you, don’t just skip right over it. Make it your lock screen so that it’s the first thing that you see each day.
You’ll be surprised how a subtle reminder like this can impact the trajectory of your day.
- ”Wake up early everyday so that while others are still dreaming, you can make your dreams come true” ~ Hal Elrod
- “You must decide where you are going in the evening, if you intend to leave early in the morning.” ~ Malian Proverb
- “How we start our day determines how we create our life. Are you snoozing through your morning… snoozing through your life… and snoozing through your unlimited potential… Or are YOU committed to waking up each day with passion, purpose, and a plan so you can create the life you truly want & deserve?” ~ Hal Elrod
- ”If you want to be the best, you can’t take the path of least resistance. Every morning, you wake up, and your mind tells you it’s too early, and your body tells you you’re a little too sore, but you’ve got to look deep within yourself and know what you want and what you’re striving for” ~ Antonio Brown
- “Lose an hour in the morning and you will spend all day looking for it.” ~ Richard Watley
- “Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.” ~ Lemony Snicket
- “Wake up early and tackle the day before it tackles you. Be on offense not defense.” ~ Evan Carmicheal
- “You sleep to see your dreams. I stay awake and live mine.” ~ Harvey Specter, Suits
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive — to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
- “It is in the early morning hour that the unseen is seen, and that the far-off beauty and glory, vanquishing all their vagueness, move down upon us till they stand clear as crystal close over against the soul.” ~ Sarah Smiley
- “It’s easier to wake up early and work out than it is to look in the mirror each day and not like what you see.” ~ Jayne Cox
- “Go to bed early and wake up early. The morning hours are good.” ~ Jeff Bezos
- “The first step to win yourself is, wake up early.” ~ Sukant Ratnakar
- “Early is a priceless timepiece owned by the successful.” ~ Johnnie Dent Jr.
- “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” ~ Wayne Huizenga
- “If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up.” ~ J.M. Power
- “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.” ~ Muhammad Ali
- “Wake up; the world is waiting for your sunny energy. You are the inspiration for many.” ~ Amit Ray
- “Life is simple. If you can conquer the snooze, you can conquer anything.” ~ Unknown
Early Riser Quotes
Here’s a few more quotes about being an early riser that highlight the importance of taking advantage of the early hours of the day.
- “One key to success is to have lunch at the time of day most people have breakfast.” ~ Robert Brault
- ”Success comes to those who have the willpower to win over their snooze buttons.” ~ Unknown
- ”I never knew a man come to greatness or eminence who lay abed late in the morning.” ~ Jonathan Swift
- “No one ever changed the world by waking up at noon.” ~ Connor Chalfant
- “Wake up early every day so that while others are still dreaming, you can make your dreams come true.” ~ Unknown
- “The difference between rising at five and seven o’clock in the morning, for forty years, supposing a man to go to bed at the same hour at night, is nearly equivalent to the addition of ten years to a man’s life.” ~ Phillip Doddridge
- “If you wake up whenever you want, and you slept for 10 hours, and you’re lazy getting out of bed, then I believe that affects your whole life in a negative way.” ~ Jocko Willink quote
- “Get up early. I dare you to do it for a few weeks. Your life is too precious a thing to waste. You know you were meant for your own unique form of greatness. You know you can do more, have more and be more. You know that you can be bigger than you currently are.” ~ Robin Sharma
- “Wake up determined. Go to bed satisfied.” ~ Dwayne Johnson
- “Each time you choose the easy thing, instead of the right thing, you are shaping your identity, becoming the type of person who does what’s easy, rather than what’s right.” ~ Hal Elrod
- “Wake up an hour early to live an hour more.” ~ Unknown
- “Successful people wake up early, talk less, stay laser-focused, don’t waste time, live healthy, and ignore nonsense.” ~ Unknown
- “I’m discovering that the people that wake up early are really the trendsetters. They are up giving the commands on what the whole world needs to do so the worker wakes up at 8 a.m. but the dreamer, the innovator, the creator, the engineer, is up at 3 or 4 in the morning making it happen.” ~ Eric Thomas quote
- “Join the 5 a.m. club. Your most valuable hours are 5am-8am. They have the least interruptions.” ~ Robin Sharma
Final Thoughts: Wake Up Early Quotes
Each day, you’re faced with two paths — the easy path or the hard path.
- The easy path is littered with instant gratification and short-term pleasures, and it leads towards a life that lacks meaning and fulfillment.
- The hard path is littered with tough choices and uncomfortable compromises, but it leads towards our self-defined goals.
Reaching your goals is an everyday battle — and it’s one that starts from the moment that your alarm clock goes off.
Waking up early means winning the first battle of the day. It means starting the day off in a position of strength, as opposed to weakness.
If you can embrace a little discomfort at the start of your day, you’ll start building a habit of choosing what’s right instead of what’s easy, and you have no idea how many other positive changes that can ripple out into.
If you enjoyed this list of wake up early quotes and are looking for some more motivational jet fuel, then feel free to check out the following articles: