In this article, we’re diving into some of the best Uncle Iroh quotes from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
If you’re a fan of the animated series, then you know that Uncle Iroh is one of the show’s most beloved characters. He’s known for his wise words, warm demeanor, and his love of tea.
I mean, who wouldn’t want to sit down and sip a cup of jasmine tea with this wise old man?
Throughout the show, Uncle Iroh serves as a mentor and father figure to the main character, Prince Zuko. He’s always there to offer guidance and support, even when Zuko tries to refuse it.
But what really sets Iroh apart are his deeply insightful quotes about the nature of life. And in this article, we’re gonna cover an entire list of these Uncle Iroh sayings that will really make you think.
So without further ado, let’s dive into some of his best quotes from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Deep Uncle Iroh Quotes
- “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Life happens wherever you are; whether you make it or not.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Perfection and power are overrated. I think you are wise to choose happiness and love.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “With a poor stance, you are unbalanced and can be easily knocked over by life.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “It’s time for you to look inward and start asking yourself the big question: who are you and what do you want?” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “The stomach is the source of energy in your body. It is called the sea of chi.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Even in the material world, you will find that if you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “There are reasons each of us are born. We have to find those reasons.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “You must look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then will your true self reveal itself.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “You must let go of your feelings of shame if you want your anger to go away.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Sometimes life is like this dark tunnel, and you can’t always see the light at the end of the tunnel. But if you just keep moving, you will come to a better place.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Sharing tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life’s true delights.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “It is important to take wisdom from many places. If you take it only from one place, it becomes rigid and stale.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “What your destiny means is up to you.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “There’s nothing wrong with a life of peace and prosperity. I suggest you think about what it is that you want from your life and why.”
- “It’s time for you to look inward and start asking yourself the big questions.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “I know we’ve had some difficult times lately. We’ve had to struggle just to get by, but it’s nothing to be ashamed of. There is a simple honor in poverty.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “While it’s always best to believe in oneself, a little help from others can be a great blessing.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “You are going through a metamorphosis; it won’t be a pleasant experience. But when you come out of it, you will be the beautiful prince you were always meant to be.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Look into your heart and see what it is that you truly want.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “You are stronger and wiser and freer than you have ever been. And now you have come to the crossroads of your destiny; it’s time for you to choose good.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “The world is very mysterious, but so is love.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Destiny is a funny thing. You never know how things are going to work out, but if you keep an open mind and an open heart, you will find your own destiny someday.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “You must never slip into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “You have peace and light inside of you. If you let it out, you can change the world around you.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I just as soon leave it a mystery.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Follow your passion and life will reward you.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “It is usually best to admit mistakes when they occur, and seek to restore honor.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Be careful what you wish for. History is not always kind to its subjects.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “A man needs his rest.” ~ Uncle Iroh
Best Quotes From Avatar: The Last Airbender
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s more wise Uncle Iroh quotes from Avatar: The Last Airbender, as well as some quotes from other characters in the series.
- “The greatest illusion of this world is the illusion of separation. Things you think are separate and different are actually one and the same.” ~ Guru Pathik
- “There is nothing wrong with letting people who love you, help you.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “You really think you’re the first person to believe their war was justified?” ~ Zuko
- “The true mind can weather all lies and the illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed.” ~ Lion Turtle
- “It’s easy to do nothing, it’s hard to forgive.” ~ Aang
- “In the darkest of times, hope is something that you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Some friendships are so strong, they can even transcend lifetimes.” ~ Roku
- “We have to be able to talk to each other. That’s the only way to peace.” ~ Sokka
- “Good times become good memories, but bad times become good lessons.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “The greatest things in life require sacrifice.” ~ Aang
- “Sometimes the best way to solve your own problems is to help someone else.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Freedom is a right for all sentient beings.” ~ Appa
- “You can’t just run away from your problems, you have to face them.” ~ Zuko
- “It is important to understand the nature of your enemies. To know your enemy, you must become your enemy.” ~ Zuko
Powerful Uncle Iroh Moments In Avatar
Now that we’ve already covered some of the best Uncle Iroh sayings, I want to highlight some of his best on-screen moments as well. If you’re a die hard fan of Avatar, then I’m sure both of these scenes will be quite familiar to you.
The first is Iroh singing “Leaves from the Vine” in season two, which he does to honor his late son, Lu Ten. The emotional performance showcases Uncle Iroh’s vulnerability, and is one of the most heart-breaking moments from the show.
If you feel like watching this scene again, here it below:
Another powerful scene comes in season three, when Uncle Iroh finally liberates the city of Ba Sing Se from the Fire Nation’s control.
His humble demeanor and kindness towards the defeated enemy soldiers is a powerful reminder of his compassion and humanity.
If you feel like watching this scene again, here it is below:
Final Thoughts On These Uncle Iroh Quotes
I hope that you enjoyed this article covering some of the most famous Uncle Iroh quotes from Avatar: The Last Airbender!
Iroh’s wisdom and guidance are one of the best parts of this classic animated series. And even though we’re approaching the twenty year anniversary of its release date, his words of wisdom hit just as hard today.
Whether it’s him talking about tea, his wisdom on life, or his words of comfort during hard times, these famous Uncle Iroh quotes remind us to live up to our destiny.
So next time you need a little bit of inspiration, turn to these wise words from Uncle Iroh for a fresh perspective on life.
And maybe grab a nice cup of tea while you’re at it too.
You May Also Like These Articles: