In this article, we’re going to dive into a list of Tim Grover quotes that will get you fired up to chase your greatness.
Tim Grover made his name training some of the most legendary athletes of all time. And since then, he’s continued to bolster his reputation as a successful motivational speaker and best-selling author.
Given his unprecedented access to high-achievers over the years, he’s a great source of knowledge about how to develop a winner’s mentality.
So without further ado, let’s dive into a list of quotes from Tim grover about success, winning, and mindset.
Motivational Tim Grover Quotes
To get started, let’s dive into some highly motivating Tim Grover quotes that will fire you up.
- “Talk never goes up in price, it’s always free, and you usually get what you pay for.”
- “Decide. Commit. Act. Succeed. Repeat.”
- “Every minute that you sit around trying to figure out what to do, someone else is already doing it. Make a choice or a choice will be made for you.”
- “You don’t have to love it. You just have to believe it’s worth it in the end.”
- “If you want to go somewhere new, you have to throw out the tired, old map and stop traveling the same road to the same dead end.”
- “Anyone can start something; very few people can finish.”
- “Crave the result so intensely that the work is irrelevant.”
- “Everything gets easier when you stop expecting it to be easy.”
- “Mental toughness is believing without a doubt, that whatever happens, you got this.”
- “We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it. You trust yourself to handle whatever you’re dealing with, and don’t allow your fear to escalate into uncontrollable doubt.”
- “In order to have what you really want, you must first be who you really are.”
- “There is zero chance you’ll get anywhere if you allow yourself to become paralyzed by soft excuses and countless reasons why you’ll never get to where you want to be.”
- “Most people have too many options, and they rarely choose the tougher one.”
- “Bottom line if you want success of any kind: you have to be comfortable being uncomfortable.”
- “You don’t wait to be told, you don’t waver from your goal. When it’s time to act, you act, instinctively and without hesitation.”
- “Take time in your life for true fun and happiness and joy and laughter, wherever you can find it. It doesn’t make you weak to enjoy your life and appreciate the things that give you satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment.”
- “Make a plan that truly reflects your goals and interests, and you’ll be more likely to execute. Why pretend you’re going to work out every day when you know you’re only going to do it three times per week?”
Tim Grover Quotes About Winning
If you just want to keep reading, then here’s some powerful Tim Grover quotes about winning.
- “We all want to win. Everyone wants to feel the sugar and the confetti and all that other stuff. But what you have to endure to win, no one wants to talk about.”
- “There’s no off-season when you’re serious about being a winner.”
- “As you sit back doing nothing because you are afraid to make a mistake, someone else is out there making all kinds of mistakes, learning from them, and getting to where you wanted to be. And probably laughing at your weakness.”
- “If you want to be great, deliver the unexpected. If you want to be the best, deliver a miracle.”
- “If you think the price of winning is too high, wait until you get the bill from regret.”
- “Winning is a test with no correct answers.”
- “Winners don’t fear reality, they don’t hide from the truth, and they’re not afraid to confront their own flaws and weaknesses.”
- “The drive to close the gap between near-perfect and perfect is the difference between great and unstoppable.”
- “People who don’t pursue their own dreams probably won’t encourage you to pursue yours; they’ll tell you every negative thing they tell themselves.”
- “Winning is an investment. It’s the result of making ‘selfish’ choices that empower your goals, separate you from limitations and insecurities, and create distance between.”
- “That’s what champions do; they put people in place to get results and make everyone else around them look better.”
- “Control your thoughts, and you control your emotions. Control your emotions, and you control your actions. Control your actions, and you control the outcome.”
- “When you’re tired, sore, and can’t do more, that’s the time to do more”
- “If you can tolerate fear and doubt and loneliness… winning would like a word with you.”
- “I can’t believe how lucky that guy is, I could do that if… Stop. You could do that if… what? If you put in more time and effort? If you commit to whatever is making it work for him? If you’re willing to pay the price he’s paying? What’s he doing that you can’t do?”
- “Instinct is raw clay that can be shaped into a masterpiece, if you develop skills that match your talent. That can only come from learning everything there is to know about what you do.”
Tim Grover Quotes From Relentless
In 2014, Tim Grover authored a book titled, “Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable.”
In the book, he offers unparalleled insight into the psychological makeup of his legendary clients such as Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, and Michael Jordan.
So it’s imperative that we include some quotes from this inspirational book about the stark difference between winners and losers.
Here’s a list of Tim Grover quotes from his best-selling book Relentless.
- “Being relentless means demanding more of yourself than anyone else could ever demand of you, knowing that everytime you stop, you can still do more. You must do more.”
- “You don’t have to love it. You just have to believe that it’s worth it in the end.”
- “Don’t tell me the glass is half-full or half-empty; you either have something in that glass or you don’t.”
- “Get comfortable being uncomfortable, or find another place to fail.”
- “Physical dominance can make you great. Mental dominance is what ultimately makes you unstoppable.”
- “Ask yourself where you are now, and where you want to be instead. Ask yourself what you’re willing to do to get there. Then make a plan to get there. Act on it.”
- “You already know what you have to do, and you know how to do it. What’s stopping you?”
- “It’s time to stop listening to what everyone else says about you, telling you what to do, how to act, how you should feel. Let them judge you by your results, and nothing else; it’s none of their business how you get where you’re going.”
- “Being relentless means never being satisfied. It means creating new goals every time you reach your personal best. If you’re good, it means you don’t stop until you’re great. If you’re great, it means you fight until you’re unstoppable.”
- “Time tells you what you didn’t accomplish. Focus turns off the clock and directs all your energy to the result.”
- “Believe this: Everything you need to be great is already inside you. All your ambitions and secrets, your darkest dreams . . . they’re waiting for you to just let go.”
- “Cleaners understand they don’t have to love the work to be successful; they just have to be relentless about achieving it, and everything else in between is a diversion and a distraction from the ultimate prize.”
- “Every day, you have to do something you don’t want to do. Challenge yourself to be uncomfortable, push past the apathy and laziness and fear. Otherwise, the next day you’re going to have two things you don’t want to do, then three and four and five, and pretty soon, you can’t even get back to the first thing. And then all you can do is beat yourself up for the mess you’ve created.”
Tim Grover Dark Side Quotes
Let’s wrap up this list with some Tim Grover quotes about the power of tapping into your dark side.
- “When you’re great, you trust your instincts. When you’re unstoppable, your instincts trust you.”
- “Here’s the key: I’m not going to tell you how to change. People don’t change. I want you to trust who you already are.”
- “A true cleaner never tells you what he’s doing or what he’s planning. You find out after the job is complete.”
- “Inside every champion is a dark side that refuses to behave.”
- “The only exception to the emotions rule is anger: controlled anger is a deadly weapon.”
- “Most people who claim to have killer instinct rarely do, because when you have that kind of power, you don’t talk about it. You don’t think about it. You just use it.”
- “Cleaners have a dark side, and a zone you can’t enter. They get what they want, but they pay for it in solitude. Excellence is lonely.”
- “Be honest: Would you be as successful if you followed all the rules and always behaved and never took chances? No, you’d be just like everyone else, scared about failing and worried about being liked.”
- “Fear shows up on its own. Doubt has to be invited. Fear heightens your awareness; it makes you alert. Doubt is the opposite; it slows you down and paralyzes your thinking.”
- “We’re all flawed. Confident people don’t hide their flaws; they laugh at them, because they don’t care what you think. Those flaws work for them. They don’t have to work for you.”
- “Most people are the lion in the cage. Safe, tame, predictable, waiting for something to happen. But for humans, the cage isn’t made of glass and steel bars, it’s made of bad advice and low self-esteem and and tortured thinking about what you can’t do or what you’re supposed to do.”
Final Thoughts On These Tim Grover Quotes
I hope you enjoyed this powerful list of Tim Grover quotes!
There’s a plethora of lessons that we can learn from these quotes. In my opinion though, this is the most powerful one — everything you need to be great is already inside of you.
If you’re willing to get comfortable being uncomfortable, you can master anything that you set your mind to.
So what’s one thing that you’ll do today to shatter your comfort zone?
You May Also Like These Articles: