Being a student is a rollercoaster of a journey.
For all of the excitement, buzz, and anticipation that come with going through school, there’s an equal amount of stress and pressure to go along with it.
You’ve gotta handle a heavy course load, maintain an active social life, all while trying to figure what you’re gonna do with the next 5-10 years of your life.
It’s hard to thrive in this environment if your internal dialogue is negative. That’s why in this article, we’re going to dive into a list of student affirmations that will help you foster a more positive mindset.
Powerful Student Affirmations
Let’s kick this off with a collection of powerful student affirmations that will help you handle the stressors of student life.
- I believe in myself and my abilities.
- I’m capable of getting the grades that I want.
- Academic challenges help me grow.
- No matter how I’m feeling, I can take a small positive step right now.
- I’m the type of student who achieves what I set my mind to.
- I can make a small dent in my workload right now.
- Putting work off now will only make me feel more overwhelmed tomorrow.
- I’m always capable of taking action.
- I feel my best when I’m in motion.
- I’m bigger than my excuses.
- I’m bigger than my distractions.
- I welcome new opportunities to learn.
- My past failures don’t define me as a student.
- What’s done is done. I’m focused on the future.
College Student Affirmations
You have assignment deadlines that you need to meet to get good grades.
You have social commitments that you need to follow through on to maintain good relationships.
You may even have to juggle a full/part-time job on top of both of these things too.
All of these obligations can feel super overwhelming at times. As someone who is not too far removed from their college years, I hope you’ll put these student affirmations to better use than I did.
Your brain will thank you later:)
- I’m working on getting out of my comfort zone every day.
- Today I will do something different than I did yesterday.
- I’m prepared to handle whatever school throws at me.
- The more I learn now, the more I will achieve in the future.
- I’ll never get these college years back, so I’m committed to making the most of them.
- I’m open to meeting new people and trying new things.
- I’m fully present in this moment right now.
- I can’t always control how I feel, but I can always control how I act.
- I’m a masterpiece and a work in progress at the same time.
- My emotions will fluctuate constantly, and I’m at peace with that.
- I won’t let fear stop me from enjoying the college experience.
- I’m right where I need to be right now.
- I’m working on creating a healthy balance in my life.
- I’m grateful to have friends that care about me.
- I can create positive change at any given moment.
- I release the need to control things that I can’t control.
- I don’t need to have everything figured out to move forward.
Law Of Attraction Affirmations For Students
If you just wanna keep reading, then here’s a few more law of attraction affirmations for students to help you manifest your academic goals.
- I attract positive things into my life by taking positive action.
- I’m strong enough to get what I want.
- I do my best work under pressure.
- I alone decide how my future unfolds.
- Each day that I’m alive is a blessing.
- Nothing can stop me from achieving success.
- My current obstacles are there to help me grow.
- I get stronger each time that I study when I don’t feel like it.
- My work ethic is what separates me from others.
- My effort at this moment is the only thing that I have true control over.
- My hard work today will be rewarded in the future.
- I’m always looking for ways to challenge myself.
- It’s okay for me to lean on the people around me.
- I’m in a supportive environment where everyone wants the best for me.
- I can have whatever I want as long as I put in the work.
- Building self-discipline now will serve me well in the future.
Why Affirmations Are Helpful For Students
Student affirmations can aid you in a variety of ways as you progress through school.
One of the primary ways in which affirmations are helpful is that they’re incredibly effective for reducing stress, especially in the midst of difficult tasks.
In this study, researchers gathered eighty college students and gave them a 40 question problem set involving remote association. The students who reported feeling mild to chronic stress over the past month improved their performance on the task significantly when practicing self-affirmation.
Furthermore, affirmations increase brain activity in the ventromedial prefrontal cortex — the part of the brain responsible for positive valuation. When you activate this part of the brain consistently, you tend to experience reduced stress and increased feelings of well-being.
So as a student, it’s important to practice student affirmations and take advantage of these benefits!
Life is only going to get more difficult. The stakes are only going to get higher.
If you develop positive habits that help you deal with stress now, you’ll be prepared to handle whatever the world throws at you once you leave school.
Final Thoughts On These Student Affirmations
I hope you enjoyed this article on student affirmations! If you’re finding it difficult to stay positive, then feel free to give them a try.
Aside from the obvious psychological benefits, managing your self-talk is a great life skill to have in your toolkit. Finding ways to self-motivate becomes even more important in adulthood, so developing this skill now makes you more ready for the world once you’re out of school.
My hope is that you find these affirmations helpful in times of struggle and stress.
You May Also Like These Articles: