Are you a Steve Harvey fan? Well then you’re in the right place, because in this article we’re covering some of the best Steve Harvey quotes of all-time!
Harvey started his comedy career living out of the back of his 1976 Ford Tempo. And for three years, he struggled mightily to make ends meet.
During this dark period in his life, he showered at gas stations and swimming pools, survived on bologna sandwiches, and lived on less than $50/week.
But despite these struggles, Harvey never lost faith in his dream. Fast forward to today, and he’s one of the most successful entertainers in the world with a net worth of over $200 million.
Harvey’s life is the definition of rags to riches, and he has a plethora of wisdom that we can all learn from. So without further ado, let’s dive into some of the most powerful quotes from the iconic entertainer.
Motivational Steve Harvey Quotes
- “You are never too old to reinvent yourself.”
- “Your setback is just a setup for a comeback.”
- “I dare you to actually try. I dare you to take your gift and practice it over and over until you can’t get it wrong.”
- “Sometimes out of your biggest misery comes your greatest gain.”
- “Catch fire today! Make today the day that you stop complaining and do something.”
- “Excuses are the lies you convince yourself are true to avoid proving you are worthy of the gift you were given.”
- “Your willingness to jump will open doors for you. Every jump will increase your wisdom and broaden your vision.”
- “Use adversity to your advantage. Don’t let it stop you.”
- “Growth is a series of mistakes. That’s the only way you learn.”
- “When you’re thinking about giving up, don’t. When it looks like you’re not gonna make it, keep going.”
- “You have to learn to convince yourself that the possibility is greater than the inevitability of doing nothing.”
- “Acknowledge your fear and move forward. Fear is there to let you know that what you are taking on is worth risking your current lifestyle.”
- “Your reality is yours. Stop wasting time looking at someone else’s reality while doing nothing about yours.”
- “Everything you see above ground that blossoms and grows was underground at one time.”
- “If you are going through hell, keep going. Why would you stop in hell?”
- “If you keep doing what you’ve been doing, then you’re gonna keep getting what you’ve been getting.”
- “We become our own opposition when we accept the following: procrastinating, lying to ourselves, comparing ourselves to others, and having self-doubts.”
- “In my career, I’ve had over 200 pitch meetings to pitch show ideas in Hollywood. Out of those two hundred meetings, they have only picked five of them. In 33 years, five of my ideas were picked. So just remember that failure is a part of the process.”
Inspirational Steve Harvey Quotes About Success
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s more Steve Harvey quotes about success.
- “Change your attitude and you’ll change your altitude.”
- “Successful people appreciate where they have come from, but they don’t let their past set the tone for their future. Successful people are innovators.”
- “There’s no elevator to success. You’ve gotta take the stairs. The elevator doesn’t go to the top.”
- “You have got to change the way you think. It is the whole determining factor of where you want to go in life.”
- “Once you have discovered your gift, there lies your greatest chance for success.”
- “Success is not just about your ability to achieve, but also your ability to serve through sharing. True success lives in our legacies.”
- “Knowing what’s next is paramount to your success. The what’s next is the reason to keep waking up. The what’s next is the driving force for all successful people.”
- “The difference between successful people and non-successful people is between the ears.”
- “The most successful people in this world recognize that taking chances to get what they want is much more productive than sitting around being too scared to take a shot.”
- “The only difference between you and the successful people you see in your life every day is that they have jumped.”
- “You have to get comfortable being uncomfortable if you ever wanna be successful.”
- “The more people you help become successful, the more successful you become.”
- “You are sitting on an empire. You are worth millions. You just gotta do this $10 thing you got over and over again until they pay you what you’re worth.”
- “I’ve failed far more times in my life than I’ve succeeded. You will never succeed more than you fail, that’s just not how it works.”
- “If you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it.”
- “Every successful person in this world has jumped. Eventually, you’re gonna have to jump too. You can’t just exist in this life, you’ve gotta try to live.”
- “Warren Buffett said that he would not invest in any business where the owner hasn’t failed at least twice. I love that truly wealthy and successful people understand that failure is part of the process.”
- “I lived in a car for three years because I wasn’t making enough money, but guess what? I kept telling those $25 jokes until they started paying me $250/night. I kept telling those $250 jokes until they started paying me $25,000/night. I just kept at it and turned those jokes into an empire.”
Steve Harvey Quotes About Dreams
One thing is for sure — Steve Harvey is living his dream.
He’s gone from being homeless and living on $50/week, to now living the kind of life that most of us can only dream of.
But similar to the trajectory of many other successful people, he started at rock bottom with nothing but a dream and the drive to make it a reality.
Let’s dive into some of the best Steve Harvey quotes about the power of dreaming big.
- “If you think big, you’ll be big. If you think small, you’ll be small.”
- “Do not ignore your gift. Your gift is the thing you do the absolute best with the least amount of effort.”
- “The single most important part of your life is your dream.”
- “The dream is free, but the hustle is sold separately.”
- “Do not ignore the passion that burns within you. Spend time discovering your gift.”
- “You can’t tell big dreams to small minded people.”
- “So many people are missing their way in life because they are afraid to sign the lease on their gift.”
- “What you want out of life is the thing you have to give the most of.”
- “If you can see it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand.”
- “When you just sit by and let your life perish without a vision, it is the most painful kind of death.”
- “Your career is what you are paid for, your calling is what you are made for.”
- “Every time you fail, be glad about it. You’re one step closer to your dream.”
- “If you’re bold enough to chase the dream, he’ll get you through the journey.”
- “Your mission, your purpose and your destiny will all be tied to one thing, your gift.”
- “God wants you to have the life that you are dreaming about, or else he would not have planted it in your mind.”
- “You’re the only one who can take your dreams off the shelf and turn them into reality. You are the only one who can take “I can’t” and turn it into “I can.”
Best Steve Harvey Quotes On Life
Let’s keep this list rolling with some profound Steve Harvey quotes about life. Feel free to also check out these Joey Diaz quotes if you’re looking for further motivation.
- “When you make a mistake in life, you got two choices; you can either get over it and you can die mad at yourself.”
- “What comes out of your mouth is going to come right back to you, that’s the law of attraction at work.”
- “The number one cause of failure in this country is the fear of failure.”
- “Procrastination will delay your change. Today is a very good day to change. Don’t let you stop yourself from growing.”
- “Change comes in every person’s life. You can either react to it or you can participate in it.”
- “No matter what’s going on in your life, recognize that it’s not permanent, realize that everything is going to change.”
- “You cannot leave what’s important to you up to someone else.”
- “Don’t ever be afraid to put yourself in a lesser position so that you can learn something from someone who knows more.”
- “Do you remember those days when you didn’t think you were gonna make it? Do you remember those days where it was absolutely unbearable? Do you know that your survival rate for every one of those bad days is 100%?”
- “What you have in your life is substantial. You just haven’t gone over the list and taken inventory in a long time.”
- “There’s no way you’re going to make it out of this world without spending some time down in the valley or in a dark place.”
- “People don’t like to hear the truth out here because the truth makes them think.”
- “In order to have the life of convenience, you’ve gotta have a very uncomfortable life.”
- “You simply cannot drive forward if you’re focused on what’s happening in the rear view mirror.”
- “During adversity is not the time to lick your wounds. Failures make you who you are.”
- “Everyone has some dirt thrown on them at one point or another, but that dirt is an opportunity to build character.”
- “If you’re waking up every day thinking that there’s gotta be more to life, then you have no idea how right you are.”
- “In order to get to where you want to go, you’ve gotta put yourself under some stress.”
- “Start coating your mind with gratitude and it’ll change everything for you.”
- “Avoid people who are always having a bad day. In their minds, nothing ever works in their favor. They have a chronic ‘Woe Is Me’ campaign that they continue to launch full blast. This kind of negativity depletes enthusiasm. You don’t need the woe is me speech every day.”
Steve Harvey On Relationships
- “When you’re up in life, your friends get to know who you are. When you’re down in life, you get to know who your friends are.”
- “All men can and will change. But there’s only one woman we’re going to change for.”
- “I’d rather be happy by myself than miserable with someone else.”
- “You don’t lose a good man. You lose a man who’s not good for you.”
- “You can be happy, or you can be right. If you want to be part of a couple and win every argument, you’re in trouble.”
- “Once a guy wants you he goes along with everything that comes with you.”
- “Love is never going to go out of style, a man is always going to want to have the love of a woman. She just needs a game plan to work out how to get his love.”
- “Don’t be afraid to lose him because if a man truly loves you, he’s not going anywhere.”
- “You gotta let a man see what he can get, but you have to make him imagine what he can have.”
- “Women want their love to be reciprocated in the same way that they give it.”
- “You’ve got to be in a bad relationship to really understand what a great one is.”
- “A woman’s love — it stands the test of time, logic, and all circumstance.”
- “Stop giving your gift to those who want to use you for the development of their legacy, at the cost of yours.”
- “We men are very simple people: if we like what we see, we’re coming over there. If we don’t want anything from you, we’re not coming over there.”
- “Stop heaping your own definition of love on men and recognize that men love differently.”
- “A woman can’t change a man because she loves him. A man changes himself because he loves her.”
- “Ask any guy if sex is important in a relationship and the one who says no is lying. I just haven’t met that guy yet. When you meet him, let’s get him into the Smithsonian.”
I hope that you enjoyed this collection of the best Steve Harvey quotes of all-time!
Steve Harvey has endured plenty of adversity in his life, and the thing about adversity is that we all respond to it very differently.
Some people choose to play the blame game and make excuses as to why they can’t get past it.
However there are others, like Harvey, who leverage adversity to create a life beyond their wildest dreams.
So if there’s one key takeaway from these motivational Steve Harvey quotes, let it be this — everything in your life is temporary.
If you’re winning, then you need to keep hustling to maintain your success. If you’re losing, then recognize that where you are right now isn’t permanent.
So what’s one thing you’re gonna do today to get back on the winning path?
You May Also Like These Articles: