Whether you’re in a relationship or just getting out of one, relationship affirmations are a great way to manifest whatever you’re currently looking for.
Maybe you’re experiencing some difficulties in your current relationship and want to mend the parts of your relationship that are broken.
Maybe you want to use courage affirmations to boost your self-confidence and become an active participant in the dating scene.
In this article, we’ll dive into why relationship affirmations work as well as an extensive list of positive phrases to foster healthy relationships with those you love.
Let’s dive in!
Do Affirmations Work For Relationships?
I want to share a passage with you from one of my favorite personal development books of all time, The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
“A friend of mine says that people make two lists about their spouses and carry these lists around in their heads. The long list is a detailed accounting of what’s wrong with their spouse, and the short list is what’s right. The long list they consult every day. And the short list? That’s the one they read at the funeral.”
It’s a really powerful quote that highlights the unfortunate reality of human nature — we’re actually hard-wired for negativity.
We all possess a cognitive bias called negativity bias, which means that our brain is more likely to dwell on negative events than positive ones. This bias impacts all areas of your life, but it can be particularly detrimental to your relationships.
Ever wonder why it feels so easy to lash out, criticize, and judge your partner as opposed to appreciating their positive traits? Well, you can thank negativity bias for that.
Ever wonder why it feels so easy to focus on your flaws and insecurities when you’re looking for a new relationship? Well, you can thank negativity bias for that too.
Luckily, relationship affirmations can serve as an antidote to this natural bias that lies within you. Whether you’re looking to strengthen your relationship, find a new one, or heal your current one, positive self-talk will make it easier to do each of these things by instilling more helpful beliefs.
If you constantly remind yourself of the positive aspects of your relationship, they will start to hold more weight in your mind.
If you’re single, keeping your internal dialogue positive will make you feel worthy of a new relationship with someone who shares your values.
Positive Relationship Affirmations
Let’s kick off this article with some positive affirmations for relationships to help you build a stronger bond with your partner.
- I’m accepting of my partner’s strengths and weaknesses.
- I treasure every moment that I get to spend with my partner.
- I accept the ups and downs of being in a relationship.
- I’m willing to be open and honest with my partner.
- I’m committed to keeping my relationship fresh and exciting.
- My relationship is built on love, trust, and respect.
- My partner and I both deserve love.
- I don’t hold things back from my partner.
- Every uncomfortable conversation improves my relationship.
- I resolve conflicts with my partner quickly; I don’t hold things in.
- I’m lucky to have my partner and they are lucky to have me.
- My partner and I are committed to forming an unbreakable bond.
- I feel safe being my true self around my partner.
- I deserve love and my partner deserves mine too.
- I find joy in the little things about my relationship.
- I’m grateful to have my partner in my life.
- My partner and I help each other become better versions of ourselves.
- Every day, my bond with my partner is growing stronger.
- My partner and I support each other in all of our endeavors.
- I’m willing to make sacrifices in order to strengthen my relationship.
- I am open to receiving unconditional love from my partner.
- I’m grateful for a partner who supports my dreams and goals.
- My partner accepts my flaws, and I accept theirs.
Affirmations To Heal A Relationship
If you just want to keep reading, then here’s some more affirmations about healing relationships.
- Every challenge that my partner and I go through strengthens our bond.
- Tough times build strong relationships.
- True love is not perfect and rosy all the time, it’s the difficult moments that make my relationship meaningful.
- I feel safe expressing my thoughts when I’m unhappy with my partner.
- I’m not in a perfect relationship, but I’m committed to making it better.
- I will do everything in my power to heal my relationship.
- If my partner and I can come through this, our bond will be stronger than ever.
- I’m not giving up on someone that I fell in love with unless it’s the only option.
- Today I will have the conversation with my partner that I’ve been avoiding.
- When I speak my mind, it encourages my partner to speak theirs.
- How I respond to my partner will influence how they respond to me.
- When my partner and I disagree, I listen to their point of view with an open mind.
- I will do my part to mend the broken parts of our relationship.
- Today I will do one nice thing for my partner to show my appreciation for them.
- I have the courage to bring up counseling to my partner if it becomes absolutely necessary.
- Loving relationships are built on difficult conversations and honest dialogue.
- The love between me and my partner is stronger than our current misunderstandings.
- My partner and I will heal our relationship together.
- I’m capable of seeing things from my partner’s perspective while also expressing my own.
Relationship Affirmations For Singles
If you’re currently searching for a new relationship, then use these relationship affirmations for singles to start taking back control of your dating life.
- Before I love someone else, I need to love myself first.
- I effortlessly attract loving relationships by being myself.
- I am ready for a new journey.
- I am good enough to be loved by an amazing person.
- I am worthy of a healthy, loving relationship.
- I’m willing to be patient and wait for the right person to come into my life.
- There’s millions of other single people who would love to be in a relationship with me.
- I’m committed to engaging in habits and behaviors that increase my value as a man/woman.
- I can’t just wait for the right person to come to me; I must take an active role in finding the love of my life.
- If other people are capable of finding love, then I am too.
- I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be at this very moment.
- I’m committed to embracing the discomfort associated with getting back onto the dating scene.
- There’s no pressure on me to force a connection that isn’t there.
- I feel ready to welcome a new romantic partner into my life.
- Each time that I get out of the house improves my chances of finding the one.
- My boldness and confidence will serve me well during this chapter of my life.
- While I still have time to enjoy being single, I will focus on personal growth.
- Every single day is an opportunity for me to find an incredible partner.
- There will always be that voice telling me that I’m not good enough; I just choose not to listen to it.
- I release the desire to be perfect because no one in this world is.
- I will find someone who loves and accepts me for who I am.
- I don’t need to put on a mask to attract the right person into my life.
- I have the courage to embrace rejection and not take it personally.
Final Thoughts On These Relationship Affirmations
I hope that you enjoyed this extensive list of relationship affirmations!
The words that you say to yourself are incredibly powerful. This rings true in any area of your life, but perhaps even more so when it comes to relationships.
If you’re in a relationship, your self-talk affects the way that you view your partner and the way that you treat them. If you’re not in a relationship but want to be, your self-talk affects your motivation to take action and find yourself an amazing new partner.
So whenever you feel your internal dialogue turning negative, deploy these relationship affirmations swiftly and decisively. Once you build a habit of combating negativity with positivity, you’ll find it easier to maintain healthy relationships with the people you love.
You May Also Like These Articles