In this article, we’re diving into a powerful collection of quotes on overcoming fear that will motivate you to attack it head-on.
Fear is arguably the most powerful driver of human behavior. For many of us, it’s a paralyzing emotion that keeps us from ever reaching our full potential.
However, your fears are also a great source of information. When you tap into fear and let it guide you, you’ll often find yourself exactly where you need to be.
And while it’s scary to embrace the unknown, that’s where your greatest potential for growth resides.
That’s why I’ve decided to compile this list of quotes on overcoming fear — to inspire you to show a little bravery today by running towards the things you’re afraid of.
So without further ado, let’s get into the list!
Motivational Quotes On Overcoming Fear
- “Your choices define you. Don’t let fear be your definition.” ~ Tom Bileyu
- “You block your dream when you allow fear to grow bigger than your faith.” ~ Mary Manin Morrissey
- “Fear is the brain’s way of saying there is something important for you to overcome.”
- “If you can become comfortable in that unknown and begin to decide who you do want to be, life will open in a multitude of ways.” ~ Joe Dispenza quote
- “Thinking will not overcome fear but action will.” ~ W. Clement Stone
- “He who has overcome his fears will truly be free.” ~ Aristotle
- “Be the kind of person who dares to face life’s challenges and overcome them rather than dodging them.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “The fears we don’t face become our limits.” ~ Robin Sharma
- “Pain makes you stronger, fear makes you braver, and heartbreak only makes you wiser.” ~ Denzel Washington quote
- “Don’t ever stop trying newer challenges. What you fear you must face.” ~ Avijeet Das
- “When your back is to the wall and you are facing fear head on, the only way out is through it.” ~ Stephen Richards
- “We generate fears when we sit. We overcome them by action.” ~ Dr. Henry Link
- “The adventure of life is to learn. The purpose of life is to grow. The challenge of life is to overcome. The secret of life is to dare.” ~ William Arthur Ward
- “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.” ~ Steve Jobs
- “Acknowledge your fear and move forward. Fear is there to let you know that what you are taking on is worth risking your current lifestyle.” ~ Steve Harvey quote
- “Your biggest fear is also your biggest opportunity for growth.”
- “Being aware of your fear is smart. Overcoming it is the mark of a successful person.” ~ Seth Godin
- “To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.” ~ Bertrand Russell
- “One can choose to go back towards safety or forward towards growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.” ~ Abraham Maslow
- “Freedom is a lonely battle; and one faces down fears of today so that those of tomorrow might be engaged.”
- “You’re where you’re at in life because you’re choosing to stay there, and it’s time for you to move out.” ~ Trent Shelton quote
- “It is believing in our dreams and facing our fears head on that allows us to live our lives beyond our limits.” ~ Amy Purdy
- “If fear is cultivated it will become stronger, if faith is cultivated it will achieve mastery.” ~ John Paul Jones
- “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” ~ Mark Twain
- “Always do the things you fear the most. Courage is an acquired taste, like caviar.” ~ Erica Jong
- “The beautiful thing about fear is, when you run to it, it runs away.” ~ Robin Sharma
- “You can either keep your greatness hidden under a pile of fears, regrets, and excuses, or you can let it out.” ~ Lewis Howes
- “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “When you confront the monster you fear the most, you’ll defeat your fears.” ~ David D. Burns
- “The seeds of our greatness lie beneath the frozen ground of our self-doubt and our fears.”
- “Change can be scary, but you know what’s also scary? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” ~ Mandy Hale
- “The most inspiring person is the one overcoming fear of doing something, not the person who is excellent at it.” ~ Ed Mylett quote
- “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” ~ Seth Godin
- “Fear has a large shadow, but he himself is small.” ~ Ruth Gendler
- “Fear can be used in one of two ways; it can be a source of fear that paralyzes you or it can be used as a driving force that pushes you.” ~ Inky Johnson quote
- “Face your fears, pursue your ambitions, and become the hero you are destined to be.” ~ Josh Kaufman
- “The key to growth is acknowledging your fear of the unknown and jumping in anyway.” ~ Jen Sincero
- “Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you.”
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some more powerful quotes about overcoming fear.
- “Move towards what scares you.” ~ Tom Bileyu
- “Your fears are a kind of prison that confine you within a limited range of action. The less you fear, the more power you will have.” ~ Robert Greene
- “When you face your fears, you’ll find that they’re suddenly much smaller than they seemed.”
- “We are all capable of greatness. It is our feelings and fears that convince us now is not the right time and keep us from achieving greatness.” ~ Mel Robbins quote
- “Believe in yourself, take on challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You gotta keep going.” ~ Chantal Sutherland
- “Have a funeral for your fears, worries, and doubts. Let them rest in peace so that you can live, work, and play in peace.” ~ David DeNotaris
- “Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it.” ~ Joybell C.
- “There is a beautiful life waiting for you on the other side of your fears.”
- “When the fear of staying the same outweighs the fear of change, that is when we change.” ~ Jay Shetty quote
- “My fear delivered one of the great lessons of my life; that someone without fear can’t push himself. He can’t get better. He can’t turn negatives into positives.” ~ Georges St. Pierre
- “The hard choices — what we fear most doing, asking, saying — these are very often exactly what we need to do.” ~ Tim Ferriss
- “Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, “Get the hell out of my way, I’ve got things to do.”
- “When you become comfortable with uncertainty, infinite possibilities open up in your life. It means fear no longer prevents you from taking action to initiate change.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
- “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are too busy living our fears. “ ~ Les Brown quote
- “Know that deep inside, you are resilient, brave and so much stronger and more powerful than your fears.”
- “At some point in life, you’re gonna have to face your fears.” ~ Eric Thomas quote
- “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” ~ Robert Kiyosaki
- “He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “When you fear your struggles, your struggles consume you. When you face your struggles, you overcome them.”
- “Don’t let mental blocks control you. Confront your fear and turn the mental blocks into building blocks.” ~ Dr. Roopleen
- “Bravery doesn’t mean being fearless. It means to be full of fear but still not being dominated by it.” ~ Osho
- “Choose faith instead of fear and life will become a lot more fun.” ~ Dave Willis
- “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” ~ Babe Ruth
- “The only person that limits you stares back at you in the mirror every single day.” ~ Andy Frisella quote
- “You’re born with two fears; falling and loud noises. The rest of your fears are learned. Unlearn and overcome the fears that don’t serve you.” ~ Nick Cownie
- “Without uncertainty, life would be a dull existence. Rather than fear uncertainty, embrace it and know what it feels like to be alive.”
- “The only way that you’re going to get to the other side of this journey is by suffering. You have to suffer in order to grow.” ~ David Goggins quote
- “Regret is the thing we should fear most. Regret is an eternal question that will never have the answer to.” ~ Trevor Noah
- “Tucked away within the darkness of our fears is a shiny key that unlocks the door to courage.”
- “If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” ~ Dale Carnegie
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” ~ George Addair
- “People have to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep going on forward despite the fear.” ~ Paulo Coelho
- “The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” ~ William Jennings Bryan
- “I fear failure, but I won’t let it stop me. Sometimes you just gotta do it or else it just doesn’t happen.” ~ Mark Cuban
- “More often than not, the thing we fear is less than half the size of the fear it creates.” ~ Craig D. Lonsbrough
- “There is no illusion greater than fear.” ~ Lao Tzu quote
- “To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another.” ~ Katherine Paterson
- “Focus on where you want to go, not on your fear.” ~ Tony Robbins
- “Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” ~ Michael Jordan
- “All the excuses in the world won’t change one simple fact: that fear is a sign to do whatever it is you fear—and do it quickly.” ~ Grant Cardone quote
- “Worry less and strive to reduce your fears. Years from now, you’ll shake your head at the way minor matters used to trouble you.” ~ Thibaut
- “Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is freedom.” ~ Marilyn Ferguson
- “Each of us must confront our own fears and must come face to face with them. How we handle our fears will determine where we go with the rest of our lives.” ~ Judy Blume
- “Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “Face your fears, endure its pain and they will be re-written in the form of pride and dreams.” ~ Greg Plitt
I hope that these powerful quotes on overcoming your fears resonated heavily with you.
These quotes serve as a reminder that fear is a natural part of the human experience, but also that it doesn’t have to define our lives.
By acknowledging your fears and taking small steps to overcome them, you start to unlock the potential of a life without limits. By retreating from your fears every single day, you grow smaller and smaller until you die full of regret.
Which option are you going to choose starting today?
You May Also Like These Articles: