In this article, we’re diving into some of the most eye-opening quotes on money and happiness!
There’s a lot of debate about whether or not money buys happiness. Personally, I believe that money is an accelerant.
If you have good relationships, possess self-confidence, and are passionate about your work, then being rich will make your life incredible.
But if you’re deeply insecure, struggle to maintain relationships, and lack self-confidence, then getting rich is the worst thing that can happen to you.
Money doesn’t turn you into someone new, it exposes who you really are.
Let’s dive into some quotes from other successful people and philosophers about the link between money and happiness.
Motivational Quotes On Money And Happiness
- “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “Money doesn’t change people or make them happier, it unmasks them.”
- “Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search will never end.” ~ Bob Marley
- “Life isn’t about money, it’s about moments.” ~ David Castain
- “It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good to make sure once in a while that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.” ~ George Lorimer
- “Remember that the only purpose of money is to get what you want, so think hard about what you value and put it above money.” ~ Ray Dalio
- “Money can’t buy love, but it improves your bargaining position.” ~ Christopher Marlowe
- “Money can’t buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you’re being miserable.” ~ Claire Luce
- “Don’t let money run your life, let money help you run your life better.” ~ John Hampton
- “Don’t think money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money.” ~ Voltaire
- “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and attitude.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “If you want to know how rich you are, find out how many things you have that money can’t buy.”
- “True wealth is not of the pocket, but of the heart and the mind.” ~ Kevin Gates quote
- “Money can’t buy happiness. Happiness comes from within. Money just makes life better. If a person’s mind is not right, money brings them down even further.”
- “My favorite things in life don’t cost money. It’s really clear the most precious resource we all have is time.” ~ Steve Jobs
- “The ultimate purpose of money is so that you do not have to be in a specific place at a specific time doing anything you don’t want to do.” ~ Naval Ravikant
- “If you don’t have your friends and your family, what do you really have? You can have all the money in the world, but with no friends and no family, it’s no good.” ~ Meek Mill
- “The money you have gives you freedom; the money you pursue enslaves you.” ~ Jean Jacques Rousseau
- “Whoever said that money didn’t buy happiness was a damn fool. A damn fool who’d never been poor.” ~ Tom Cooper
- “What we really want to do is what we’re meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us.” ~ Julia Cameron
- “Money can’t buy happiness, but it will certainly get you a better class of memories.” ~ Ronald Reagan
- “Someone told me sleep was the cousin of death and following’ the dollar brings nothing but stress.” ~ Mac Miller quote
- “The goal isn’t money, the goal is living life on your own terms.” ~ Chris Brogan
- “The truly happy man is the one who has everything money can’t buy.” ~ Shraga Silverstein
- “You don’t have to be rich in money to respect yourself, just rich in character.”
- “There is a gigantic difference between earning a great deal of money and being rich.” ~ Marlene Dietrich
- “Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
- “Change your focus from making money to serving more people. Serving people makes the money come in.” ~ Robert Kiyosaki
- “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” ~ Ayn Rand
- “Too many people buy things they don’t need with money they don’t have to impress people they don’t like.” ~ Dave Ramsey
- “To fulfill a dream, to be allowed to sweat over lonely labor, to be given a chance to create, is the meat and potatoes of life. The money is the gravy.” ~ Bette Davis
- “Whoever said that money can’t buy happiness, simply didn’t know where to go shopping.” ~ Bo Derek
- “Happiness lies not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.” ~ Democritus
- “Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
- “People always say that money is not the key to happiness, but I have always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made.” ~ Joan Rivers
- “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference.” ~ Barack Obama
- “Money will never replace happiness. Life is too short to work at something you do not have a passion for, something that does not excite you.” ~ Catherine Pulsifer
- “Money cannot buy peace of mind. It cannot heal ruptured relationships, or build meaning into a life that has none.” ~ Richard M. Devos
- “Money is a way of measuring wealth but it is not wealth in itself.” ~ Alan Watts
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some more inspirational quotes about money and happiness.
- “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Money does buy happiness if you know what to buy. Lamborghinis are cool, Bugattis are cool, but calling your mom and telling her that she will never have to work again? That’s happiness.” ~ Tristan Tate quote
- “Spend your money on the things money can buy. Spend your time on the things money can’t buy.” ~ Haruki Murakami
- “Money can buy you a house, but not a home. Money can buy a bed, but not sleep. Money can buy a book, but not knowledge. Money can buy friends, but not love.”
- “Money gives you options. The ones you choose determine your happiness.”
- “If you can’t find a way to be happy with where you are now, you’re just gonna bring unhappiness with you to your big mansion.” ~ Ed Mylett quote
- “It doesn’t matter how much money you’ve gathered, or how much attention you’ve received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters.” ~ Amit Ray
- “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” ~ Tony Hsieh
- “Money does not change people, it just makes them more of who they really are.” ~ Bad Bunny quote
- “Friends and good manners will carry you where money won’t go.” ~ Margaret Walker
- “Happiness is not determined by what’s happening around you, but rather by what’s happening inside you.”
- “If we were motivated by money, we would have sold a long time ago and ended up on a beach.” ~ Larry Page
- “Perhaps happiness is to be found in the journey uphill, and not the fleeting sense of satisfaction waiting at the next peak.” ~ Jordan Peterson quote
- “No matter how big your house is, how recent your car is, or how big your bank account is, our graves will always be the same size.”
- “You can be young without money but you can’t be old without it.” ~ Tennesse Williams
- “Make your goal more than money. Make it about helping people create a better future.” ~ Maxime Legace
- “If you can get paid for doing what you love, every paycheck is a bonus.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” ~ Michelle Obama
- “Are you not ashamed of caring so much for the making of money and for fame and prestige, when you neither think nor care about wisdom and the truth and the improvement of your soul?” ~ Socrates
- “If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can’t buy.”
- “Money can buy you happiness as long as you spend some time giving it away too.” ~ Jay Shetty quote
- “People are chasing cash, not happiness. When you chase money, you’re going to lose. You just are. Even if you get the money, you’re not gonna be happy.” ~ Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Work like you don’t need the money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching.” ~ Satchel Paige
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” ~ Herman Cain
- “Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.” ~ quote by Epictetus
- “Waste your money and you’re only out of money, but waste your time and you’ve lost a part of your life.” ~ Michael Leboeuf
- “A wise person should have money in their head but not in their heart.” ~ Jonathan Swift
- “When I was young, I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is.” ~ Oscar Wilde
- “If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.” ~ Henry Ford
- “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “Success isn’t measured by money or power or social rank. Success is measured by your discipline and your inner peace.” ~ Mike Ditka
- “I know a lot of wealthy people who are very unhappy. All money does is take emergencies and turn them into mere inconveniences.” ~ Steve Harvey quote
- “Money doesn’t bring happiness and creativity. Your creativity and happiness brings money.” ~ Sam Rosen
- “While money can’t buy you happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ~ Groucho Marx
- “Happiness is when what you think and say are in complete harmony.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- “If you get yourself some money, you’re gonna feel different. That’s a fact.” ~ Nipsey Hussle quote
- “If it’s only about money, we are hopeless. If it’s about people, we are hopeful.” ~ Maxime Legace
- “Happiness is an inside job. Don’t assign anyone else that much power over your life.” ~ Mandy Hale
- “Money doesn’t mean anything to me. I’ve made a lot of money, but I want to enjoy life and not stress myself building my bank account. I give lots away and live simply, mostly out of a suitcase in hotels. We all know that good health is much more important.” ~ Keanu Reeves
- “Money never made a man happy, nor will it. There is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
- “If you’re only happy when you get what you want, that’s not true happiness.” ~ Inky Johnson quote
Final Thoughts On Quotes On Money And Happiness
I hope that you’ve enjoyed this powerful collection of quotes about money and happiness!
All of the quotes that I’ve shared offer a variety of perspectives on the debate about money and happiness.
But let’s be honest, there’s no one-size fits all answer to this question. Ultimately, it depends on what you value and the kind of life you actually want.
If making tons of money is something that’s highly important to you, then by all means pursue wealth. Just know that you’ll need to make sacrifices in other areas of your life in order to acquire it.
If you’d rather prioritize family time, seeing friends every day, and engaging in your favorite hobbies, then by all means do that. Just know that you’re hurting your chances of ever becoming a multi-millionaire.
You don’t get to choose not to pay a price in life, all you get to decide is which price you’re gonna pay.
So while there’s external influences telling you what you should be chasing, you’ve gotta listen to your own voice.
What do you actually value? What kind of life is going to make you happy? Are you comfortable making the sacrifices for that lifestyle?
And once you’ve completely answered those questions, go all-in on that vision.
You May Also Like These Articles: