Feeling stuck in a rut or simply looking for inspiration to improve yourself? Well, then you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, we’ve gathered some of the best quotes on bettering yourself that are meant to inspire you to start taking action on your goals.
We all have certain things we want to change about ourselves, but there’s always that little voice inside urging us to stay in our comfort zones. That unhelpful voice is the product of internal resistance, which aims to keep us stagnant so that we never reach our full potential.
Yet despite how powerful this voice may seem at times, you are always in control of your decisions. And when you change your decisions, your habits, beliefs, and thought patterns start changing as well.
So without further ado, let’s get into this list of quotes that will inspire you to take control of your life and start improving it.
Motivational Quotes On Bettering Yourself
- “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” ~ Winston Churchill
- “It’s not the big moves that change everything—it’s the smallest ones in your everyday life that do.” ~ Mel Robbins quote
- “You are under no obligation to suffer, focus on what you can do to improve and detach from the rest.”
- “Personal development is a major time saver. The better you become, the less time it takes you to achieve your goals.” ~ Brian Tracy
- “You can find a better you inside of you. Why don’t you search for that?” ~ Munia Khan
- “Shine your light and make a positive impact on the world; there is nothing so honorable as helping improve the lives of others.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “You can be happy with who you are and still want to be better. Progress doesn’t require self-loathing, you can feel successful along the way.” ~ James Clear quote
- “Your life won’t get better until you get better.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always become a better version of yourself.” ~ Madonna
- “Optimism is the most important human trait, because it allows us to evolve our ideas, to improve our situation, and to hope for a better tomorrow.” ~ Seth Godin
- “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.” ~ Ralph Marston
- “There is no better way to grow as a person than to do something every day that you hate.” ~ David Goggins quote
- “If you’re never able to tolerate a little bit of pain and discomfort, you’ll never get better.” ~ Angela Duckworth
- “To get better, you need to go outside your comfort zone, and thus feel worse. The people who grow continuously always feel over their heads.” ~ Scott Young
- “We do not have to improve ourselves; we just have to let go of what blocks our heart.” ~ Jack Kornfield
- “Comfort is the enemy of greatness. Embrace discomfort and make it work for you. That’s where you’ll find your best life.” ~ Ed Mylett quote
Quotes On Improving Yourself
Enjoying this list of quotes up to this point? Well, then you may also enjoy these quotes about finding yourself or this list of self-growth quotes.
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some more powerful quotes on bettering yourself.
- “You can’t go back and change the ending, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ~ C.S. Lewis
- “It’s not about being the best, it’s about being better than the person you were yesterday.”
- “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” ~ Alan Watts
- “Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who someone else is today.” ~ Jordan Peterson quote
- “If you keep doing what you’ve always done, your life will never change. Change your routine.” ~ Avina Celeste
- “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “6 months of hard work and dedication can put you 5 years ahead in life. Get to work.”
- “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.” ~ Philip Pullman
- “You either resist change enough to remain mediocre or you resist being mediocre enough to change.” ~ Asuni Ladyzeal
- “At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.” ~ Lao Tzu quote
- “How wonderful is it that nobody needs to wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~ Anne Frank
- “Work to improve yourself, not prove yourself.” ~ Joshua Becker
- “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is hidden in your daily routine.” ~ Darren Hardy
- “Don’t just write a new chapter. Throw out the whole book and start with fresh, new pages.”
- “We can’t become what we want by remaining what we are.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “If you keep doing what you’ve been doing, then you’re gonna keep getting what you’ve been getting.” ~ Steve Harvey quote
- “If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you can improve on the present, what comes later will also be better.” ~ Paulo Coehlo
- “When what you’re doing isn’t taking you where you want to be, you must be brave enough to forge a new path.”
- “Change is slow and gradual. It requires hard work, a bit of luck, a fair amount of self-sacrifice, and a lot of patience.” ~ Robert Greene
- “Pain is the greatest motivator, and experience is the greatest teacher.” ~ Kevin Gates quote
Inspirational Quotes On Bettering Yourself
Let’s keep this list rolling with some more quotes about improving yourself that will inspire you to embrace change.
- “In life, you always see the darkest days before the sunshine.” ~ Polo G quote
- “Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrow’s.” ~ Michal Landon
- “The knowledge that we are responsible for our actions and attitudes does not need to be discouraging, because it also means that we are free to change this destiny.” ~ Anais Nin
- “When you’re given an opportunity to change your life, be ready to do whatever it takes to make it happen. The world doesn’t give things, you take things.” ~ Taylor Jenkins Reid
- “Just as the smallest ripple can create a large wave, your small but consistent effort can result in big changes.”
- “If anyone on the verge of action should judge himself according to the outcome, he would never begin.” ~ Soren Kierkegaard
- “Change might not be fast and it isn’t always easy. But with time and effort, almost any habit can be reshaped.” ~ Charles Duhigg
- “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” ~ Rick Warren
- “If a small town boy like me who bagged groceries was able to make his dreams come true, you can too.” ~ Bad Bunny quote
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” ~ Barack Obama
- “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” ~ Randy Pausch
- “It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined.” ~ Henry James
- “It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “Before anything great is really achieved, your comfort zone must be disturbed.” ~ Ray Lewis quote
- “To improve at something, consistently put yourself in an uncomfortable place. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.” ~ Sahil Lavingia
- “If you want to move to a higher level of life, you have to be willing to let go of some of your old ways of thinking and adopt new ones.” ~ T. Harv Elker
- “Quit blaming your past for your current condition. Yesterday has nothing to do with today or tomorrow unless you decide it does.” ~ Grant Cardone quote
- “Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. It will not only improve your life, it will improve the lives of all those around you.” ~ Robin Sharma
Bettering yourself is a never-ending journey, and it’s definitely not something that happens overnight. However, if you’re willing to just get 1% better every single day, how much better do you think you’d be after a full year of work
Well, you’d be 37x better — in other words, you’d be completely unrecognizable compared to the person you are now.
So no matter how far away you are from your goals, just keep inching forward and prioritize consistency over everything.
With enough time, you’ll become the person that you’re chasing right now.
And if you enjoyed this list of quotes on bettering yourself, then you’ll probably enjoy the following articles below as well: