Your values are responsible for almost every choice that you make in life.
If you decide to go to the gym even though you don’t feel like it, that means you value health and fitness over comfort.
If you routinely procrastinate important work in favor of watching Netflix, that means you value comfort over discipline and achievement.
Your values shine a light on the deepest parts of who you are, but the good news is that they’re not set in stone.
As you change your decisions, you can alter your deepest values, and thus transform into an entirely different person.
So in this article, we’re going to dive into inspirational quotes about values that will motivate you to live a life that’s true to yourself.
Powerful Quotes About Values
Let’s start off this list with some powerful quotes about what it means to embrace your core values.
- “When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” ~ Roy E. Disney
- “When I find something I value, I systematize it into my daily habits. Then, I live by my efforts freely and effortlessly.” ~ Joshua Spodek
- “Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.” ~ Dalai Lama
- “Integrity is choosing courage over comfort; it’s choosing what’s right over what’s fun, fast, or easy; and it’s practicing your values, not just professing them.” ~ Brene Brown
- “You can only find out what you actually believe by watching how you act. You simply don’t know what you believe. You are too complex to understand yourself.” ~ Jordan Peterson
- “Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are.” ~ Turquoise Ominek
- “It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.” ~ Roy Disney
- “One is often so busy doing life that it is easy to avoid evaluating whether you are putting your energy in the direction you value most.” ~ Deborah Day
- “It is not until you change your identity to match your life blueprint that you will understand why everything in the past never worked.” ~ Shannon Adler
- “Understanding your motivation for a decision helps you stay committed to it.” ~ Brant Menswar
- “The hardest thing to do in life is to give up good uses of time for great uses of time, that is, the behaviors that move you closer to your core values.” ~ James Clear
- “Whatever things you go through, you stay true to who you are and your core values.” ~ Sophie Gregoire Trudeau
- “When making a decision, choose in favor of your values. Your values will always point you to the life that holds the most meaning and happiness.” ~ Rob Kaiser
- “Integrity is choosing your thoughts and actions based on values rather than personal gain.”
Quotes About Personal Values
If you just want to keep reading, then here’s more inspirational quotes about values.
- “Who you are is defined by the values that you are willing to struggle for.” ~ Mark Manson
- “If you betray yourself, if you say untrue things, if you act out a lie, you weaken your character.” ~ Jordan Peterson
- “A person’s worth is measured by the worth of what he values.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
- “We all learn to value something after it’s gone from our life whether it be a moment, time, or person.” ~ Manisha Wadhani
- “My definition of success: When your core values and self-concept are in harmony with your daily actions and behaviors.” ~ John Spence
- “Find people who share your values, and you’ll conquer the world together.” ~ John Ratzenberger
- “Core values are the framework on which we evaluate our choices.”
- “Living in a way that reflects one’s values is not just about what you do, it is also about how you do things.” ~ Deborah Day
- “A clear purpose will unite you as you move forward, values will guide your behavior, and goals will focus your energy.” ~ Kenneth Blanchard
- “Focus on making choices to lead your life that aligns with your core values in the most purposeful way possible.” ~ Roy Bennett
- “Consider that the boundaries of your comfort zone are actually your core values.” ~ Stacey Hall
- “Values are more important than money.” ~ Viktor Orban
- “I think self -knowledge is a key to happiness. We can build happy lives only on the foundation of our own natures, our own values, and our own interests.” ~ Gretchen Rubin
- “Your attitude is an expression of your beliefs, values, and expectations.” ~ Brian Tracy
- “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” ~ Jane Goodall
Famous Quotes About Values
Let’s keep things rolling with some of the most famous personal values quotes of all-time!
- “When our actions are in alignment with our core values, we have greater access to our personal power.” ~ Natalie Horton
- “Values are like fingerprints. Nobodies are the same, but you leave them all over everything you do.” ~ Elvis Presley
- “Your core values are the deeply held beliefs that authentically describe your soul.” ~ John Maxwell
- “Live your days on the positive side of life, in tune with your most treasured values. And in each moment you’ll have much to live for.” ~ Ralph Marston
- “Your words become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your values, and your values become your destiny.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- “The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “Values aren’t buses…they’re not supposed to get you anywhere. They’re supposed to define who you are.” ~ Jennifer Cruise
- “The true perfection of man lies not in what man has, but in what man is.” ~ Oscar Wilde
- “Personal value is the kind of value we receive from being active instead of passive, creative instead of consumptive.” ~ Clay Shirky
- “Don’t stand alone. Get in the mix. Except when you are standing on your core values.” ~ Abiodun Fijabi
- “Discipline, effort, patience, and courage are hugely important core values for children to grow up embracing.” ~ Karen Salmansohn
- “A highly developed value system is like a compass. It serves as a guide to point you in the right direction when you are lost.” ~ Idowu Koyenikan
Inspirational Quotes About Values And Morals
To wrap up this list, here’s some concluding quotes about values and holding yourself to a high standard.
- “You can have all the money in the world, but if you are not a moral and ethical person, you really have nothing.” ~ Henry Kravis
- “True success is reaching our potential without compromising our values.” ~ Muhammad Ali
- “The secret of a good life is to have the right loyalties and hold them in the right scale of values.” ~ Norman Thomas
- “Don’t let your special character and values — don’t let that get swallowed up by the great chewing complacency.” ~ Aesop
- “The more choices you have, the more your values matter.” ~ Michael Schrage
- “The only value that truly matters is the one you give yourself. – The Mother of All Values” ~ Lamine Pearlhart
- “Core values serve as a lighthouse when the fog of life seems to leave you wandering in circles.” ~ J Loren Norris
- “Your values create your internal compass that can navigate how you make decisions in your life. If you compromise your core values, you go nowhere.” ~ Roy Bennett
- “Your goals and the tasks you choose to accomplish your goals either align with dream and core values or they don’t. It’s that simple.” ~ Julie Connor
- “With the right people, culture, and values, you can accomplish great things.” ~ Tricia Griffith
- “We are all born as empty vessels which can be shaped by moral values.” ~ Jerry Springer
I hope you enjoyed this list of quotes about values!
Every minute of every day, your core values are pushing you to be great.
They’re responsible for the inner voice that nudges you to grind out the tasks that move you towards your goals.
They’re responsible for the urge you feel to expand your comfort zone and start facing the things you’re afraid of.
You have endless opportunities every day to live your truth, and it all starts with doing the right thing even if it’s scary or uncomfortable.
So before you leave this article, here’s a question to ponder — what’s one positive action that you can take today that moves you closer to your core values?
You May Also Like These Articles