In the ebb and flow of life, there are moments when we need to start fresh. The following quotes about new beginnings are a testament to the power of turning over a new leaf.
Whether it’s a life-changing decision, or the pursuit of a new goal, new beginnings offer you a chance to reinvent yourself. However, embracing these opportunities can be as daunting as they are liberating.
Throughout history, thought leaders, business titans, and artists have reflected on these transformative moments, leaving us with powerful nuggets of wisdom. In this article, we’ll feature some of the most powerful ones and unpack their meaning.
I hope they inspire you to redefine yourself and begin your next chapter with a renewed motivation.
Motivational Quotes About New Beginnings
- “You have two choices: stay where you are or move forward to something better.”
- “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” ~ Germany Kent
- “If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.” ~ Lao Tzu
- “The kind of new beginnings that transform our lives are less about what we do in our lives, and more about what we deliver into the life of another.” ~ Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “No matter how hard the past is, you can always begin again.” ~ Buddha
- “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.”
- “We cannot remake ourselves without suffering, we are both the marble and the sculptor.” ~ Alexis Carrel
- “Death, family, crisis, and newborns; the end of a life, trying to keep a life, and welcoming in a new one — these are the things that will give you courage to live harder, stronger, and truer.” ~ Matthew McConaughey
- “Turn every failure into an opportunity to begin again, this time with the gift of experience.”
- “Every day is the chance to begin again. Don’t focus on the failures of yesterday, start today with positive thoughts and expectations.” ~ Catherine Pulsifer
- “Take all the time you need to heal emotionally. Moving on doesn’t take a day, it takes lots of little steps to be able to break free of your broken self.” ~ Tere Arigo
- “The past, the present and the future are really one: they are today.” ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Even the most bitter endings can lead to sweet beginnings.”
- “Let the adversity you face today make you a better person tomorrow.” ~ Jocko Willink
- “If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go of the past that drags you down.” ~ Amit Ray
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” ~ J.P. Morgan
- “You gotta earn it; you gotta live it, and that’s what most people will never understand.” ~ John Dutton
- “If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.” ~ Flavia Weedn
- “Every week, every day, every hour, every moment is a chance for a fresh start. Seize the opportunity and begin again.”
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot
- “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “For me, Monday represents a fresh start to the week. It is the day where the slate from the previous week is wiped clean. It is a day of new beginnings.” ~ Allen Smith
- “Today, you have 100% of your life left.” ~ Tom Landry
- “Just start. From wherever you are. Take the leap and begin again.”
- “Today starts a new month, which means it’s a new opportunity to reach your goals and make things happen.” ~ Boss Babe
- “New beginnings and new opportunities are on the way. You just have to keep seeing and believing beyond your current circumstances.”
- “For many of us, the road is a difficult one, but the path is always there for us to follow, no matter how many times we may fall.” ~ Joshua Graham
- “Recreate your life always. Remove the stones, plant rose bushes and make sweets. Begin again.” ~ Cora Carolina
- “A new year. A fresh, clean start! It’s like having a big white sheet of paper to draw on! A day full of possibilities.” ~ Bill Watterson
- “A very wise man once told me that you can’t look back, you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future.” ~ Jodi Picoult
- “Be wise enough to see new beginnings and be bold enough to take them on.”
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some more quotes about new beginnings that will inspire your fresh start.
- “New month, new intentions, new goals, new love, new light, and new beginnings.” ~ April Mae Monterrosa
- “Growth is overrated. Endurance is underrated.” ~ Shane Parrish
- “The old character you’re playing is the very thing that will prevent you from becoming the new version of you. You can’t take the old story into the new identity.” ~ Ed Mylett
- “Faith in oneself is the best and safest course.” ~ Michelangelo
- “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” ~ L.M. Montgomery
- “New beginnings are in order, and you are bound to feel some level of excitement as new chances come your way.” ~ Auliq Ice
- “We can’t change what’s done, we can only move on.” ~ Arthur Morgan
- “You can get excited about the future, the past won’t mind.” ~ Hillary DePiano
- “A new day: Be open enough to see opportunities. Be wise enough to be grateful. Be courageous enough to be happy.” ~ Steve Maraboli
- “We all need a fresh start every year. It’s important that we go into the New Year with an open mind and a new way of thinking.” ~ Tony Gaskins
- “You can change anything at any time; your job, your friend group, your goals. Decide what needs to be changed and prepare for a new beginning.”
- “With anything you’re doing, I think that staying hungry is the key to success.” ~ Luke Combs
- “You don’t have to know where the road will lead you if you let your soul navigate.”
- “I love the big fresh starts, the clean slates like birthdays and new years. But I also really like the idea that we can get up every morning and start over.” ~ Kristin Armstrong
- “The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.” ~ Josiyah Martin
- “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” ~ T.S. Eliot
- “Be patient with everyone, but above all with yourself. Do not be disheartened by your imperfection, but always rise up with fresh courage.” ~ Saint Francis de Sales
- “We cannot create a new future by holding onto the emotions of the past.” ~ Joe Dispenza
- “All successful people learn that success is buried on the other side of frustration.” ~ Tony Robbins
- “It’s humbling to start fresh. It takes a lot of courage…You just have to put your ego on a shelf and tell it to be quiet.” ~ Jennifer Ritchie Payette
- “Where there’s hope, there’s life. It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again.” ~ Anne Frank
- “Go forth on your path, as it exists only through your walking.” ~ Augustine Of Hippo
- “You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” ~ Mary Pickford
- “Shall this leave us bitter? Or better? Grieve. Then choose.” ~ Amanda Gorman
- “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings and new opportunities.” ~ Patti Roberts
- “I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere in the morning.” ~ J.B. Priestley
- “Let your worries fade just as daylight did. The day is over and tomorrow is a fresh start.”
- “I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.” ~ Juansen Dizon
- “It’s okay to feel bad today. But when you wake up tomorrow, decide that it’s going to be an amazing day – then go out and make it happen.”
- “Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.” ~ Marsha Petrie Sue
- “If you’ve been going through some trauma in your life, just know that you gotta face that trauma if you wanna be the person you’re supposed to be.” ~ Megan Thee Stallion
These new beginnings quotes are like gentle nudges, reminding you that it’s okay to fail, try new things, and start fresh.
The beauty of fresh starts is that what lies behind you is nothing compared to what lies within you.
Did you fail at your first business? Good, then go back to the drawing board and come up with a new idea that you can re-dedicate your energy to.
Did you just endure a heartbreak? Good, learn from it and use the experience you’ve gained to find a healthier, more fulfilling relationship.
Life is all about moving forward regardless of the setbacks you endure. When you adopt this approach to adversity, you become a “no matter what” type of person.
And a “no matter what person” is unstoppable.
You May Also Like These Articles: