We all need a kick in the ass sometimes when it comes to productivity.
It’s impossible to wake and feel our best, and even moreover do our best, every day.
There’s always going to be those days when our motivation is shot. And when that happens, we struggle to get through even the simplest of tasks.
Enter motivational productivity quotes.
Usually, I like to keep my advice practical and action-based. However, sometimes words from people who have achieved massive success in their life can give us the push we need to take action.
Today, I’m going to share with you a giant list of productivity quotes that will inspire you to get off your ass and get things done.
Many of these quotes are from the most successful, productive people that have ever lived. It’s not just their words that are so valuable, it’s their perspective.
People who are fulfilled and productive simply think about time differently, so I hope that reading through this list of productivity quotes inspires you to take action on something you’ve been putting off today.
General Productivity Quotes
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Productivity is less about what you do with your time. And more about how you run your mind.” – Robin Sharma
- “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” – Paul J. Meyer
- “Good things happen when you set your priorities straight.” – Scott Caan
- “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” – Stephen Covey
- “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration. The rest of us get to work.” – Stephen King
- “Productivity is the deliberate, strategic, investment of your time, talent, energy, resources, and opportunities in a manner calculated to move you measurably closer to meaningful goals.” – Dan Kennedy
- “Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.” – Peter Drucker
- “Focus on being productive instead of being busy.” – Tim Ferriss
- “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today.” – Nolan Bushnell
- “The winners in life constantly think in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do.” – Dennis Waitley
- “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
- “Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year – and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade!” – Tony Robbins
- “You don’t need more time in your day, you need to decide.” – Seth Godin
- “I’ve not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
- “Simplicity boils down to two steps: identify the essential, eliminate the rest.” – Leo Babbuta
- “It’s not always that we need to do more but that we need to focus on less.” – Nathan W. Morris
- “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” – Bruce Lee
- “I build in 15 minute breaks so that I can take some quiet time and close on one meeting before I go to the next. I’m a big believer in taking time to pause and reflect, particularly when you’re working on some of the big challenges in the world.” – Melinda Gates
- “The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.” – Stephen Covey
- “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” – Zig Ziglar
- “High productivity comes from leveraging your time by doing only the most important things.” – Brian Tracy
- “No one ever drowned in sweat.” – U.S. Marine Corps
- “Perform the dreaded task now and the unpleasant activity is soon over. Delay action and it will nag at you indefinitely.” – Anonymous
- “Ordinary people think of merely spending time, great people think of using it.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
- “Sometimes the biggest gain in productive energy will come from the cobwebs, dealing with old business, and clearing the desks — cutting loose debris that’s impeding forward motion.” – David Allen
- “Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Time is what we want most and what we use worst.” – William Penn
- “You can’t let people set your agenda in life.” – Warren Buffett
- “You’ve got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It’s called perseverance. “ – Lee Iacocca
- “There’s a tendency to mistake preparation for productivity. You can prepare all you want, but if you never roll the dice you’ll never be successful.” – Shia LaBeouf
- “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
- “You don’t actually do a project; you can only do the action steps related to it. When enough of the right action steps have been taken, some situation will have been created that matches your initial picture of the outcome closely enough that you can call it done.” – David Allen
- “Don’t think about what can happen in a month. Don’t think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be.” – Eric Thomas
- “If you have time to whine then you have time to find the solution.” – Dee Dee Artner
- “People who understand how to convert their time into useful products do not complain of boredom.” – Sunday Adejala
- “I would suggest that productivity is not based on how much I get done. Rather, it’s based on how much I improve someone’s life as a by-product of getting something done.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “One small distraction can set you back hours of productivity. Protect your focus to enjoy your results.” – Chinmai Swamy
- “Every minute we spend on something useless is a minute we lose working on something useful.” – Chris Bailey
- “The most powerful productivity tool ever invented is simply the word “No.” – Shane Parrish
- “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Follow effective actions with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action.” – Peter Drucker
- “If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves.” – David Allen
- “While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” – Henry Link
- “Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. One man gets only a week’s value out of a year while another man gets a full year’s value out of a week.” – Charles Richards
- “Your work is going to fill a large portion of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
- “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Picasso
- “Do the hard jobs first. The easy job will take care of themselves.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Improved productivity means less human sweat, not more.” – Henry Ford
- “Position yourself to succeed by doing the other things in your life that rejuvenate you. Exhaustion affects your quality and productivity.” – Jeff Vandermeer
- “Stop measuring days by degree of productivity and start experiencing them by degree of presence.”
- “The true price of anything you do is the amount of is the amount of time you exchange for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action.” – Tony Robbins
- “Do something instead of killing time because time is killing you.” – Paulo Coehlo
- “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we have is time.” – Steve Jobs
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, you just have to take the first step.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
Leadership and Productivity Quotes
- “Start with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them and reward them. If you do all of those things effectively, you can’t miss.” – Lee Iacocca
- “Leaders know the great deal of productivity that comes out of a strong self-esteem. They help others to develop this esteem so that productivity can increase.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “The least productive people are usually the ones who are most in favor of holding meetings.” – Thomas Sowell
- “Efficiency is doing things right. Effectiveness is doing the right thing.” – Peter Drucker
- “Good leadership consists of showing average people how to do the work of superior people.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “Never neglect details. When everyone’s mind is dulled or distracted the leader must be doubly vigilant.” – Colin Powell
- “Always deliver more than expected.” – Larry Page
- “Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Leadership is the ability to facilitate movement in the needed direction and have people feel good about it.” – Tom Smith
- “Before you become a leader, success is all about growing yourself. After you become a leader, success is about growing others.” – Jack Welch
- “Employers that are effectively linking their social missions to their employee’s daily work are differentiating themselves in the market and generating big returns. Taking the necessary steps to ensure every employee knows how they fulfill the mission, achieve the vision, and execute one or more company strategies through his or her daily job really pays off.” – Tamar Elkeles
Productivity Quotes for Employees
- “A worker without genius is better than a genius who won’t work is better than a genius who won’t work.”
- “My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.” – Indira Ghandi
- “Effective performance is preceded by painstaking preparation.” – Brian Tracy
- “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks, but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” – Bruce Lee
- “It’s not enough to be industrious; so are the ants. What are you industrious about?” – Henry David Thoreau
- “When you do more than what you’re paid for, eventually you’ll be paid for more than you do.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Work like there is someone working twenty-four hours per day to take it all away from you.’” – Mark Cuban
- “You can’t have a million dollar dream and a minimum wage work ethic.” – Stephen Covey
- “You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills.” – Jim Rohn
- “It’s not how much money we make that ultimately makes us happy between 9 and 5. It’s whether or not our work fulfills us.” – Malcolm Gladwell
- “One of the huge mistakes that people make is that they try and force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passions; your passions choose you.” – Jeff Bezos
- “Balance suggests a perfect equilibrium. There is no such thing. That is a false expectation… There are going to be priorities and dimensions of your life; how you integrate them is how you find true happiness.” – Denise Morrison
- “No man be successful, unless he first loves his work.” – David Sarnoff
- “If you’re changing the world, you’re working on important things. You’re excited to get up in the morning.” – Larry Page
I hope you enjoyed this massive list of productivity quotes.
Simply reading this list of productivity quotes won’t change your life, but what they can do is provide a starting point.
You’re only here for so long, and you only get one shot at this thing called life. If you don’t want to get to the end of your years and feel regret about the things you didn’t do, you need to take control of your life and start using your time more efficiently.
Are you spending time on things that add value to your life, or are you wasting it?
Are you spending time on useless tasks or are you engaged in meaningful, challenging work on a daily basis?
These are key questions to ask yourself if you want to get the most out of the time you have here on earth.