Building a successful career takes a ton of hard work and dedication, but it also takes something else that’s just as important — a bulletproof mindset.
You need to be able to handle stress when faced with personal and professional responsibilities that feel overwhelming.
You need to be able to force yourself to take action on the days where you have zero motivation.
If you’re looking to build a strong mindset that will allow you to do these things consistently, then practicing positive affirmations for work is a great start.
While affirmations aren’t a magic bullet that will do the work for you, they’ll certainly put you in a better position to succeed.
So without further ado, let’s get into a list of positive work affirmations that will help you shape that bulletproof mindset.
Positive Affirmations For Work Success
To kick off this list of positive affirmations for work, here’s a list of positive phrases that will help you take the action required to achieve success.
- I’m strong and intelligent.
- I’m capable of achieving great things in my career.
- One bad day doesn’t make me a bad employee.
- I’m moving closer to my goals with every positive action I take.
- I can’t control the past, but I can impact the future.
- I’m destined for an amazing career, but that starts with the work in front of me right now.
- I will never become successful by giving into procrastination.
- My efforts at work will be rewarded in time.
- I can’t control when I’m promoted, applauded, or recognized, but I can control my actions right now.
- I’m building a great career one brick at a time.
- Nothing can stop me from excelling to the top of my field.
- If I discipline myself now, I’ll be rewarded later.
- It’s supposed to feel hard, I’m on the right path.
- Nothing will get in my way, especially not the desire for instant gratification.
- I’m motivated and determined to make a long-lasting impact on my field.
- I approach my work with energy and passion.
- The right time to get to work is always right now.
- I trust that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be.
- I feel at my best when I’m moving towards my long-term goals, not when I’m procrastinating.
- Giving into distraction will feel good now, but terrible in about 30 minutes.
- I don’t chase quick dopamine hits because that’s the path to an unsuccessful career and an unhappy life.
Positive Affirmations For Work Confidence
Enjoying this list of positive affirmations for work so far? Then perhaps you’d find value in these articles on the benefits of affirmations and how to write affirmations.
If you just want to keep reading, then here’s some more affirmations to promote confidence at work.
- I can accomplish that I set my mind to.
- Each time I take action in spite of fear, I become more confident.
- Nothing can shatter my confidence in myself.
- Each small win sets me up for bigger wins in the future.
- I get braver each time that I take action in spite of fear.
- I’m growing more and more confident each day.
- Confidence comes from competence, and competence comes from repetition.
- My brain cannot stop me from putting one foot in front of the other.
- I believe in myself at all times.
- My courage muscle grows each time I use it.
- My self-belief is what keeps me going during these internal battles.
- As long as I’m taking action, I’m on the right path.
- I’m learning more about my industry every single day.
- I’m destined for a wildly successful career.
- Making mistakes and learning from them makes me more confident.
- I don’t need to be perfect, I just need to be better than I was yesterday.
- My work ethic is what gives me a leg up over my colleagues.
- There will never be a better moment to act than right now.
- I have the power to create my own success.
- No one can do the work for me.
- In every moment, it’s me vs. me.
Positive Affirmations For Work Stress
Stress is an unavoidable part of any worthwhile pursuit. And while you can’t control whether or not you feel it, you can control how you respond to it.
When channeled properly, stress can actually be quite an effective motivator. Here’s a few more positive work affirmations that will help turn stress into motivation.
- Just because I’m uncomfortable doesn’t mean that I can’t take action.
- My stress is temporary, my regret will stay with me forever.
- I’ve come this far, there’s no turning back.
- There will never be a better moment to act than right now.
- This stress I’m feeling is really just negativity disguised as motivation.
- I do my best work under stress.
- Life is happening for me right now, not to me.
- Whenever I feel stress, there’s opportunity lurking behind it.
- I accept that I’m stressed right now, but also accept that I have the power to act.
- The stress I’m feeling can be removed through action.
- Work stress is inevitable, but it will eventually pass.
- I’m building my future one brick at a time.
- I don’t have everything figured out to move forward right now.
- Nobody has ever become successful without stress.
- I cannot control the world, but I can control how I react to the world.
- I’m surrounded by colleagues who believe in my abilities.
- I am strong, confident, and empowered.
- I’m in charge of nothing except for the present moment.
- I find the positives in any stressful situation.
Why Work Affirmations Are Important
All day long, you’re faced with choices that impact the trajectory of your career.
- The choice to start the day procrastinating or getting things done.
- The choice to knock out insignificant tasks or get to work on the important stuff.
- The choice to become an industry expert and consume knowledge or do the bare minimum.
- The choice to stay up late and start tomorrow on your heels, or go to bed early and wake up energized.
On the surface, these are nothing more than decisions. However, there’s always an internal struggle going on within you during these moments isn’t there?
Your future self begs you to resist instant gratification because it wants you to choose the hard path that leads to achieving your goals.
Your present self could care less about your long-term goals, and wants you to feel good right now.
If you never talk to yourself in these moments, your present self will win this battle more often than not. That’s the real benefit of these positive affirmations for work — you get your rational mind involved in the conversation.
Positive self-talk gives you a better chance of making decisions that serve your future self instead of your present self.
And if you make the right call in these moments more often than not, you’re well on your way to a successful career.
(Feel free to check out these career affirmations if you’re looking for more ideas on how to motivate yourself)
How To Use These Affirmations To Boost Work Performance
I’m not a big believer in the idea of practicing affirmations at static times (at the start of your day or at the end of the day).
In my opinion, this approach lacks personalization and versatility. Let’s discuss a more effective framework for applying these positive work affirmations to your life.
First off, start by identifying three decisive moments throughout your workday.
For clarification, decisive moments are the moments where your present self and future self are at war.
Here are some of the decisive moments throughout my workday.
- When my alarm goes off at 5 a.m. and I don’t want to get up.
- Forcing myself to complete an afternoon writing session after lunch.
- When it gets to 9 p.m., and I want to binge-watch Netflix instead of winding down for bed.
Yours are probably going to be different from mine, but we’ve all got ’em.
Once you’ve picked those three situations, go back through this list of work affirmations and select one for each situation. If you need to customize them a bit so that they’re more relevant to you, feel free to do that.
As you find yourself in each of these situations throughout the day, simply repeat the positive affirmations that you’ve chosen for 20-30 seconds (you may need to keep them on your phone at the beginning.)
If you practice this enough and make it a habit, combining these affirmations with action will get easier over time.
Final Thoughts On Positive Affirmations For Work
I hope that you enjoyed this extensive list of positive affirmations for work!
Whenever you find yourself overwhelmed, stressed, or demotivated, try using these affirmations to bolster your self-talk.
Each time that you repeat them and then proceed to take action, you move closer to the person you’re supposed to be. Not only that, but you’ll start to instill the belief that you’re someone who takes action regardless of how you’re feeling.
And once that belief is solidified, there’s nothing that can stop you from reaching the highest levels of your field.
You May Also Like These Articles: