In this article, we’ve put together a powerful collection of quotes about outgrowing friends for when it’s simply time to move on from people.
As you grow, certain relationships no longer serve you. That’s just the truth of life. And while it’s difficult to outgrow friends, it’s an essential part of becoming the best version of yourself.
When you’re on a mission, you need to be light, agile, and quick. You need to constantly be moving forward and avoid people who aren’t operating at your frequency.
That’s why we’ve compiled this list of outgrowing friends quotes. These words will inspire you to let go of detrimental relationships and embrace the future without those who no longer have a place in your life.
So without further ado, let’s dive in!
Inspirational Quotes About Outgrowing Friends
- “Stop contracting. Stop being scared of outgrowing your people. Just because they’ve found comfort in one place, doesn’t mean, you’ll find too.”
- “You’ve outgrown your cocoon, now it’s time to spread your wings and soar like the magnificent butterfly you’ve become.”
- “It’s funny how we outgrow what we once thought we couldn’t live without, and then we fall in love with what we didn’t even know we wanted.”
- “You have already outgrown all of your limits. Let them go and watch your life grow.”
- “Stop shrinking yourself to fit into places you’ve outgrown.”
- “Sometimes you just outgrow people. Don’t try to fix or repair, just accept it and move on.” ~ Nitya Prakash
- “If you look at the people in your circle and don’t get inspired, then you don’t have a circle, you have a cage.” ~ Nipsey Hussle quote
- “As you journey through life, you will outgrow people, places, and events. Their parts are over, and you can move forward without their weight holding you back.”
- “Sometimes we outgrow people who aren’t growing.”
- “One of the great awakenings comes when you realize that not everybody changes. Some people never change, and that’s their journey. It’s not yours to try and fix them.”
- “I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” ~ Lewis Carroll
- “I can’t tell you the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.” ~ Ed Sheeran
- “If people around you make you question your self-worth, then they aren’t your people.”
- “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” ~ The Notebook
- “Don’t be afraid of the solitude that comes with raising your standards.” ~ Ebonee Davis
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is deciding that you are not going to stay where you are.” ~ J.P. Morgan
- “As you grow, your circle will decrease in size but increase in value.”
- “If you’re not losing friends, then you’re not growing up.”
- “If you live for other people’s acceptance, then you will die from their rejection.” ~ Lecrae
- “Don’t feel bad for outgrowing people that had the chance to grow with you.”
- “You are allowed to outgrow people. This includes past versions of yourself.” ~ Mandy Hale
- “The degree of our intellectual growth is inversely proportional to the number of people with whom we are still close friends.” ~ Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “In some relationships there comes a time when the two people just outgrow each other.”
- “As new flowers grow, old petals fall off. As you move forward in life, you begin to lose some friends.” ~ Michael Bassey Johnson
- “You’ve outgrown the version of you needed to survive. It’s time to become the version of you that’s here to thrive.”
- “One of life’s challenging realizations is that sometimes you outgrow your friends.” ~ Steve Maraboli
- “Sometimes you just outgrow people. You don’t need to hate them. You don’t need to cut them off. But you do need to distance yourself from them if you want to live your best life.”
- “It’s not your fault when you outgrow people who had the chance to grow with you.” ~ Ed Mylett quote
Enjoying this list of quotes so far? Then you’d probably also enjoy this collection of small circle quotes or this list of quotes about precious moments.
If you just wanna keep reading, then here’s more outgrowing people quotes that highlight the power of leaving certain people behind.
- “Just as we outgrow a pair of trousers, we outgrow acquaintances, libraries, and principles.” ~ Georg C. Lichtenberg
- “Self-care never requires you to become someone or something you’re not. It’s the opposite. It allows you to un-become everything that you’ve outgrown and be the person you were meant to be.”
- “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.” ~ Lao Tzu quote
- “You will outgrow people. People will outgrow you. This is life, and it’s okay.”
- “Close some doors not because of pride, incapacity, or arrogance, but simply because they no longer lead somewhere.”
- ‘You can’t hold on to people you’ve outgrown. It’s like trying to wear clothes that are too small.”
- “Until you let go of toxic people in your life, you will never be able to grow into your fullest potential. Let them go so you can grow.” ~ DLQ
- “Surround yourself with people who are deeply rooted in love, work ethic, and understanding.” ~ Alex Elle
- “Stop holding onto toxic people just because you have history together. Stop holding onto toxic habits because you find security and comfort in routine.” ~ Kylie Francis
- “You are the books you read, the movies you watch, the people you spend your time with, and the conversations you engage in. Choose wisely what you feed your mind.”
- “Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.”
- “When you are transitioning to a new season in your life, the people and situations that no longer fit you will fall away.” ~ Mandy Hale
- “You will outgrow a lot of people when you start doing what’s best for you.”
- “Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others.” ~ Brene Brown
- “Being a good person doesn’t mean you have to put up with people you’ve outgrown.”
- “Friendships are a bit like clothes; when they start feeling uncomfortable, it’s not because we’ve done anything wrong, it just means that we’ve outgrown them.” ~ Zoe Sugg
- “Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out.” ~ Robert Tew
- “To find peace, you have to be willing to lose your connection with the people, places, and things that create the noise.”
- “Life is like an elevator; on your way up, sometimes you have to stop and let people off.”
- “Some people we just outgrow. And when that happens, respect the shift. Honor the growth and understand that not all roots can stay planted in the same soil forever.” ~ Alex Elle
- “Don’t get worked up over people you can’t change. It’s not worth the anger or the headache. Control what you can control. Let go.”
- “Walls keep everybody out. Boundaries teach people where the door is.” ~ Mark Groves
- “You will never feel fully secure in yourself if you are constantly looking to others to tell you who you are.” ~ Ashley Hetherington
Final Thoughts On These Outgrowing Friends Quotes
If you’re trying to live the best life possible, then it’s inevitable that you’re going to outgrow some people along the way.
Surrounding yourself with positive influences is essential to living your best life. Because at the end of the day, you’re the sum of the five people that you spend the most time with.
So if you lose some people and upgrade the quality of your circle, that’s not a sign that you’re a bad person. It’s a sign that you’re on the right path.
So, use these outgrowing friends quotes as inspiration to cut ties with anyone who’s no longer part of your tribe. And as you continue on your journey of self-growth, always remember that it’s okay to leave certain people behind.
You May Also Like These Articles: