In this article, we’re going to dive into some powerful no regrets quotes that will inspire you to live a legendary life.
I think the fact that we only live once is one of the biggest sources of motivation that we can tap into on a daily basis.
While it’s not easy to come to terms with death, at some point in the future we’re all going to face it.
The only question is how you’ll feel when it comes — will you embrace it knowing you’ve lived a full life, or will you be tortured by what if’s and regrets?
So without further ado, let’s dive into some quotes that will motivate you to make the most of the time you have.
Motivational No Regrets Quotes
Let’s kick things off with some motivational no regrets quotes about living life to the fullest.
- “We crucify ourselves between two thieves; regret for yesterday and fear of tomorrow.” ~ Fulton Oursler
- “We all must suffer one of two things; the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “Today’s priorities should be reflective of tomorrow’s regrets that you don’t want.” ~ Germany Kent
- “We live in a dangerous world. If you see a chance to be happy, you have to fight for it, so later you have no regrets.” ~ IIona Andrews
- “I don’t do regrets. Regrets are pointless. It’s too late for regrets. You’ve already done it, haven’t you? You’ve lived your life. No point wishing you could change it.” ~ Lemmy Kilmister
- “We all have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one.” ~ Confucius
- “At some point, you just gotta forgive the past, your happiness hinges on it.” ~ Aaron Lauristen
- “Enjoy it, learn from it and more than anything, never take your health for granted. Don’t just seize the day. Seize the moment. Every single one.” ~ Calvin Wade
- “Don’t be the one who wakes up the next day regretting having not taken that last dance with a loved one or even with yourself.” ~ Helen Edwards
- “Pain and pleasure is an example of the duality in life. Enjoy them both, they are part of the ride. The key is to not turn the pain into something else – regret.” ~ J.R. Rim
- “Everyone says that you should live like there is no tomorrow, but I think it’s even more important to live like there is no yesterday. Your future means so much more than your past.” ~ John Ashley
- “Have no regrets in life because of the choices you make. Good or bad, they are a learning experience, to help you grow. The only regret in life is to never make a choice at all.” ~ James Hauenstein
- “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than the things I haven’t done.” ~ Lucille Ball
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” ~ Shannon Adler
Short Quotes About Having No Regrets
If you just want to keep reading, then here’s some more quotes about living life with no regrets.
- “Enjoy the moment. You won’t have it again.” ~ Frank Sonnenberg
- “To live a full life is to live one without regrets.” ~ Rebecca Sampson
- “Don’t wait until your dreams become your regrets.” ~ Anthon St. Maarten
- “It was a waste of time to wish that things had happened differently.” ~ Terry Brooks
- “Your blessings lay beyond your fear.” ~ Shannon Adler
- “Conquering fear today means no regrets tomorrow.” ~ Aaron Maurenstein
- “It’s better to look ahead and prepare, than to look back and regret.” ~ Jackie Kersee
- “I’d rather regret doing something than not doing something.” ~ James Hetfield
- “The only things you regret are the things you don’t do.” ~ Michael Curtiz
- “Regret is useless in life. It’s in the past. All we have is now.” ~ Marlon Brando
- “Fear is only temporary, regret lasts forever.” ~ Unknown
- “A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.” ~ John Barrymore
- “Regret for wasted time is more wasted time.” ~ Mason Cooley
- “Regret is the only wound the soul does not recover from.” ~ Sarah Ban Breathnach
Die With No Regrets Quotes
One of the most frightening scenarios in life is lying on your deathbed and being filled with regret.
Just imagine for a second how that would feel — sitting there all day long and for being tortured with thoughts that start with “what if?”
What if I was bold enough to live a unique life? What if I started that business I always talked about? What if I had the courage to face my fears and free myself from them?
I don’t know if hell exists, but that sounds pretty damn close. So here’s a collection of no regrets quotes that will motivate you to avoid this fate and take some positive action today.
- “Die alive or die trying, but don’t live dead.” ~ Richie Norton
- “At the end of the day let there be no regrets, only a desire to do more tomorrow than you did today.” ~ Noel DeJesus
- “If you have no regrets from the life you have lived, your biggest regret should be the life you haven’t lived.” ~ Robert Sauber
- “Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; regret for the things that we didn’t do is inconsolable.” ~ Sydney J. Harris
- “The one thing I’ve learned is just to give everything a shot. You don’t want to live in regret.” ~ Chloe Kim
- “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take, and the decisions that we waited too long to make.” ~ Lewis Carroll
- “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
- “Living in regret will become your biggest regret.” ~ Bill Johnson
- “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.” ~ Jean Plaidy
- “Put yourself out there. Do things you’ve never done. Live a life where at the end you will have no regrets.” ~ Anonymous
- “Your greatest regret at the end of your life will be the lions you didn’t chase. You will look back longingly on risks not taken, opportunities not seized, and dreams not pursued.” ~ Mark Batterson
- “Your higher self never looks back. Everything valuable is in the now.” ~ Andy Wang
- “If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world.” ~ Mercedes Lackey
- “Life is too short, time is too precious, and the stakes are too high to dwell on what might’ve been.” ~ Hillary Clinton
Funny No Regrets Quotes
Let’s wrap up this list with some light-hearted no regrets quotes about never looking back.
- “Life is short, and it’s up to you to make it sweet.” ~ Sarah Delany
- “Do I regret it? Yes. Would I do it again? Probably.” ~ Nick Miller
- “Speak when you are angry, and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.” ~ Lawrence J. Peter
- “I don’t regret burning my bridges. I regret that some people weren’t on those bridges when I burned them down.” ~ Unknown
- “My only regret in life is that I didn’t drink enough champagne.” ~ John Maynard Keyes
- “99% of my regrets in life involve alcohol and the “send” button.” ~ Rebel Circus
- “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” ~ A.A. Milne
- “The trouble with quotes about regret and death is that 99.9% of them are made by people who are still alive.” ~ Joshua Burns
- “When people tell me ‘You’re going to regret that in the morning,’ I sleep in until noon because I’m a problem solver.” ~ Unknown
- “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should’ve been more specific.” ~ Lily Tomlin
- “Action is cheaper than regret.” ~ Shane Parrish
- “My only regret in life is that I did not drink more wine.” ~ Ernest Hemingway
I hope that reading this list of no regrets quotes has you feeling inspired to take on the day ahead!
At the end of the day, you only get one shot at life. And while you can’t erase the regrets of the past, you’re in complete control of how you spend your time going forward.
Start taking calculated risks. Start doing the things that scare you. Start pursuing the things that your inner voice keeps telling you to chase.
If you embrace this philosophy, you’ll avoid the trap that 95% of people fall into — getting to the end of life realizing you haven’t truly lived.
You May Also Like These Articles: