Positive affirmations are a great tool to have in your back-pocket as you try to seek out a new job.
Whether you’re looking to pivot to a new role, or shift industries completely, leveling up your self-talk can help manifest exactly what you want to achieve.
Positive affirmations alone won’t get you a new job. You still have to put in the work and capitalize on opportunities when they are presented to you.
However, the following job-seeking affirmations can serve as effective motivators to help you take action on days where your brain isn’t feeling it.
So without further ado, let’s get into an extensive list of new job affirmations that will help you land your dream job!
New Job Affirmations To Manifest A Career Change
When you’re looking to make a career change, it’s natural to feel a little scared and overwhelmed. It’s also natural to second guess yourself and question the validity of your intuition.
These are the exact same emotions that I felt before dropping out of school to start a marketing agency. And even though I didn’t achieve success in that particular endeavor, I never regretted taking my shot while I had the opportunity.
Hopefully, the following new job affirmations will encourage you to take your own shot.
- I’m ready for a new professional adventure.
- I’m motivated to start my next chapter.
- The right job opportunity will present itself if I keep putting in the work.
- The more resumes that I send out, the better my chances of landing my dream job.
- I am worthy of my dream job.
- I’m committed to making a career change even though it’s a little nerve-wracking.
- I embrace the discomfort associated with change.
- I will land my dream job as long as I don’t give up.
- I’m a strong-willed person who can handle the rejection of not getting an offer.
- The right company will offer me a job as long as I’m patient.
- I can only control the effort that I put in.
- I’m skilled at what I do, and eventually a company will see that.
- I’m grateful for all the potential opportunities in front of me.
- Getting my dream job is a slow process, but quitting won’t speed it up.
- I trust myself to succeed no matter what industry I move to.
- I’m a talented employee that any company would be lucky to have.
- I’m the type of person who takes action on my intuition.
- I’m only focused on what I can control during my job search.
- I’m capable of adapting and thriving in a new professional environment.
- I’m trusting the process, results will come eventually.
- I don’t give up in the midst of obstacles.
- The work that I do today directly impacts my future.
- Each time that I put in work when I don’t feel like it, I separate myself from everyone else searching for a new job.
- Great things are coming my way.
Affirmations For Starting Your New Job
If you’ve already landed the job you want, that’s awesome!
Here’s a list of new job affirmations to ensure that you get off to a kick-ass start in your new role.
- I have complete confidence in my abilities.
- I’m excited about this new opportunity.
- I’m open to learning from my bosses and co-workers.
- I will fit in at my new company like a hand sliding into a glove.
- I’m capable of producing at a high level under pressure.
- I welcome the new challenges that are coming my way.
- I’m approaching this new opportunity with an open mind.
- I will be successful because of my work ethic.
- I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be right now.
- I’m grateful for the opportunity to prove my value to my company.
- I was born for my new role.
- I’m a tenacious employee who does whatever is required to excel.
- I look forward to new projects and interesting work.
- I’m energized to get to work.
- I’m humble enough to ask for help when I need it.
- I’ll do whatever it takes to be successful in this new role.
- I feel lucky to be in a position to do work that I love.
- I bring a unique skillset to my new role.
- I am relaxed, positive, and confident.
- I’m not afraid of the uncertainty that comes with starting a new job.
- I relish the opportunity ahead of me.
- This is the job that I was born to do.
Affirmations To Get A Job Interview
To conclude this of new job affirmations, here’s a list of mantras that will aid your efforts to land an interview at your dream company.
- Getting a new job is completely dependent on my work ethic.
- I’m fully prepared for someone to reach out and offer me an interview.
- Consistent hard work will give me an endless number of career options.
- My moment to shine is coming, I just need to keep working.
- I’m prepared for whatever an interviewer throws at me.
- I’m the type of person who thrives under pressure.
- I do my best work when my back is against the wall.
- I will do whatever it takes to land a job interview.
- My time is coming, I just need to be patient and keep working.
- My ambition and work ethic will lead me to the right company.
- Today I will do something that moves me closer to landing an interview.
- I don’t need to be motivated, I’m a disciplined person.
- Landing an interview will require me to work when I don’t feel like working.
- I can’t control whether or not a company is interested in me, but I have total control over how many resumes I send out.
- At this moment, I’m going to work on something that moves me closer to an interview.
- I’m a persistent person who doesn’t believe in giving up.
- Eventually, someone will grant me the chance to prove my value.
- There is a company out there who would greatly value my skill set.
- Every resume that I send out moves me one step closer to my dream job.
- I’m ready to pounce on opportunities that open up for me.
- I will never give up on trying to land my dream job.
- Positive things are about to happen to me.
- I will be doing the job that I love very soon.
How Do You Manifest A New Job?
Manifesting a new job is a combination of self-talk and action. Simply repeating new job affirmations alone won’t help you land the job you want.
However, positive self-talk will give you a leg up on your peers. Imagine that there are two individuals who are both working hard to switch careers.
Which person has a better shot at landing their dream job.
Well, that’s going to depend on what’s going on between the ears. The person who bombs an interview and says, “It’s okay that I failed the interview, because I will learn from it” is going to have a much better chance than the person who says, “I blew that interview. Why am I so bad in interviews?”
One of the main benefits of affirmations is their ability to buffer stress. Research shows that they can reduce stress by increasing activity in the ventromedial prefrontal cortex — the part of the brain responsible for positive self-valuation.
Essentially, this means that new job affirmations positively impact your internal dialogue while you’re working towards finding a new job. And as your internal dialogue improves, you start to think better thoughts and take better actions.
But still, action is the key ingredient in that equation. So if you really want to manifest a new job, write down the three most important tasks that you need to complete each day.
If you do this, your to-do list may look something like this:
- Send out 5 resumes
- Spend 30 minutes practicing interview Q & A
- Find 3 new companies to apply to
If you feel resistance to any of the tasks, use these new job affirmations to remind yourself of why they matter. Because when you attach long-term value to the work that you don’t want to do, the work itself becomes less threatening.
Final Thoughts On These New Job Affirmations
I hope you enjoyed this article on new job affirmations!
Searching for a new job can feel pretty overwhelming. It’s a tedious process that requires a significant amount of time and energy. And if that’s not enough stress for you, you have to contend with constant self-doubt about whether you’re making the right decision.
By fighting back against negative thoughts through positive self-talk, this stressful process will become just a little less overwhelming.
So for those of you currently in the process of making a career change, first pat yourself on the back for having the courage to explore your options.
Then get to work and make it happen. I’m rooting for you!
You May Also Like These Articles: