In this article, we’re gonna dive into the ultimate list of motivational quotes for men that will inspire you to be the hero of your own life.
If you want to be the best man that you can possibly be, then you must prepare for an incredibly hard life.
You’re gonna have to embrace what other men avoid, pursue what other men run from, and choose discipline while other men choose comfort,
And while those experiences aren’t fun to endure, they give you the competence and confidence that will mold you into the man you want to be. Because when you’re willing to do things other men won’t do, you acquire things that other men can’t have.
So whatever your insecurities or hang-ups are, I hope the following quotes inspire you to break past them and reach your full potential!
Motivational Quotes For Men
- “The mark of a great man is one who knows when to set aside the important things in order to accomplish the vital ones.” ~ Brandon Sanderson
- “Ordinary men hate solitude. But the master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu
- “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.” ~ Dale Carnegie
- “There is one thing above all that the most successful men on this planet would empty their bank accounts for: Time. Value this resource — it’s not for sale.” ~ Justin Waller
- “When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump. Otherwise, you end up staying in the exact same place your entire life.” ~ Abel Morales
- “I’m pissed off for greatness. Because if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that means you’re okay with being mediocre.” ~ Ray Lewis
- “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” ~ Plato
- “Everything can be taken from a man except for the last of human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s way.” ~ Viktor Frankl
- “If you only do the work when it’s convenient or exciting, then you’ll never be consistent enough to achieve remarkable results.” ~ James Clear
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with all of the bricks thrown at him.” ~ David Brinkley
- “Once you’re calm and fit, you have everything worth having, as the rest just comes and goes.” ~ Naval Ravikant
- “There is nothing with which every man is so afraid as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming.” ~ Søren Kierkegaard
- “The man who does things makes mistakes, but he doesn’t make the biggest mistake of all – doing nothing.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
- “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes is to find that he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” ~ Henry Ford
- “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
- “It is necessary to be strong in the face of death, because death is intrinsic to life. Aim to be the person at your father’s funeral that everyone, in their grief and misery, can rely on.” ~ Jordan Peterson
- “Change doesn’t begin when we get knocked on our ass, it begins the moment that we decide to get back up on our feet.” ~ Dwayne Johnson
- “Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Part of being a man is learning to take responsibility for your successes and for your failures.” ~ Kevin Bacon
- “Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.” ~ Ernest Hemingway
- “Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; while other men obtain victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous effort than before.” ~ Polybius
- “Life is like a game of chess and you can’t take moves back. All you can do is look at the position you’re in and make the best move possible.” ~ Tristan Tate
Short Inspirational Quotes For Men
Let’s keep this list rolling with some more short motivational quotes for men that will inspire you to level up your life.
- “All men have their fears. But those who face their fears with faith have courage as well.” ~ Thomas S. Monson
- “A boy becomes a man when he masters the art of discipline.” ~ Tristan Tate
- “A man who doesn’t give a f*ck what others think of him is a dangerous man.” ~ Stirling Cooper
- “The most attractive suit you can wear is confidence.” ~ Jesse Jimz
- “You must always be looking for bigger mountains to climb or you will die inside. You must find others that can lead you to the next mountain.” ~ Justin Waller
- “Circumstance does not make the man. Circumstance reveals man to himself.” ~ Emerson
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” ~ Aristophanes
- “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” ~ Thomas Paine
- “Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “You don’t get to go through life only doing the things that you feel like doing.” ~ Andrew Tate
- “It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
- “No one gives you character, you have to go build it.” ~ Inky Johnson
- “You face your greatest opposition when you’re closest to your biggest miracle.” ~ TD Jakes
- “Peers are present when your success is apparent. Brothers are present when your success is challenged.” ~ Myron Gaines
- “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” ~ Mark Twain
- “There are no super humans, just humans. And what one man can do, another can do.” ~ Andy Frisella
- “The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” ~ Samuel Johnson
- “There is nothing wrong with being afraid – but there is nothing more wrong than allowing that to be your master.” ~ Bobby Darin
- “The stronger a man is, the more gentle he can afford to be.” ~ Elbert Hubbard
- “It is not the situation which makes the man, but the man who makes the situation.” ~ Frederick William Robertson
- “The quest for certainty blocks the search for meaning. Uncertainty is the very condition to impel man to unfold his powers.” ~ Erich Fromm
- “It’s a luxury to pursue what makes you happy; it’s a moral obligation to pursue what you find meaningful.” ~ Jordan Peterson
- “To have become a deeper man is the privilege of those who have suffered.” ~ Oscar Wilde
- “Most men die from the neck up at age twenty-five because they stop dreaming.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Motivational Quotes For Men Going Through Hard Times
Enjoying this list of quotes so far? Then you’ll probably also enjoy these Kevin Gates quotes or this list of move in silence quotes.
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some more motivational quotes for men.
- “A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.” ~ Michel de Montaigne
- “To sit back and let fate play its hand out and never influence it is not the way man was meant to operate.” ~ John Glenn
- “Men are not designed to be comfortable. They want to achieve. They want to feel pain and suffering. They want to conquer something.” ~ Andrew Tate
- “A man may conquer a million men in battle, but one who conquers himself is the greatest of all conquerors.” ~ Buddha
- “The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.” ~ James Baldwin
- “Greatness is not measured by what a man accomplishes, but by the opposition he has overcome to reach his goals.” ~ Dorothy Height
- “There are two kinds of pain in this world. The pain that hurts, and the pain that alters.” ~ Denzel Washington
- “The greater the difficulty the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.” ~ Epictetus
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The temporary satisfaction of quitting is outweighed by the eternal suffering of being a nobody.” ~ Andrew Tate
- “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it.” ~ Muhammad Ali
- “All men desire peace, but very few desire those things that make for peace.” ~ Thomas Kempis
- “I never knew a man who was good at making excuses who was good at anything else.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
- “The closer a man gets to the unknown, the more inventive he becomes — the quicker he adopts new ways.” ~ Buckminster Fuller
- “The greatness of a man is not how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” ~ Bob Marley
- “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.” ~ Michael Hopf
- “Every human has what it takes to get through whatever they’re going through if they decide to.” ~ Eric Thomas
- “A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. You’ve gotta do something and you’ve gotta do something fast. You just sitting around talking about it and hoping for things to get better isn’t going to do anything.” ~ Andrew Tate
- “Control your thoughts, and you control your emotions. Control your emotions, and you control your actions. Control your actions, and you control the outcome.” ~ Tim Grover
- “The amount of stress you can tolerate while remaining effective is directly correlated to the level of success you will enjoy.” ~ Andrew Tate
Inspirational Quotes For Young Men
To wrap up this article, here’s a list of motivational quotes for men specifically for young men who want to become their best selves.
- “If you look at the people in your circle and you don’t get inspired, you don’t have a circle, you have a cage.” ~ Nipsey Hussle
- “The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does.” ~ Napoleon Hill
- “Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take. The time will pass anyway.” ~ Earl Nightingale
- “The man who moves mountains begins by carrying away small stones.” ~ Confucius
- “If you don’t start thinking outside of the box, it may eventually become your coffin.” ~ Rigel Dawson
- “Every man has his own destiny; the only imperative is to follow it, to accept it, no matter where it leads him.” ~ Henry Miller
- “A man who does not think for himself does not think at all.” ~ Oscar Wilde
- “Whatever you cannot say ‘No’ to is your master and makes you its slave.” ~ Rollo Tomassi
- “Be ambitious. Get sh*t done. Keep your priorities straight, your mind right, and your head up.” ~ Bald Brothers
- “Believe in yourself. Have faith in your abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. ~ Norman Vincent Peale
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” ~ Herman Melville
- “Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.” ~ Plato
- “He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior.” ~ Confucius
- “All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” ~ Walt Disney
- “Boys become men when they start forcing themselves out of their comfort zone.” ~ Stirling Cooper
- “We have always had the keys to our own prisons; we’re just scared sh*tless to use them.” ~ Rollo Tomassi
- “Just because everyone is doing one thing, doesn’t mean doing the opposite is wrong.” ~ Tristan Tate
- “If you are afraid to take risks, then you were never meant to be successful. And success isn’t just money. It’s the man you become to get the money that matters.” ~ Justin Waller
- “The day that you take responsibility for what happens to you is the day that will actually start controlling what happens to you.” ~ Grant Cardone
- “What man actually needs is not a tensionless state but rather the striving and struggling for some goal worthy of him.” ~ Viktor Frankl
- “A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inward courage dares to live.” ~ Lao Tzu
- “Continue to put obstacles in front of yourself, because that’s where you’ll find the friction that will help you grow even stronger. Before you know it, you will stand alone.” ~ David Goggins
I hope that these motivational quotes for men have inspired you to take some positive action towards your ideal future!
Life as a man isn’t easy, but the good news is that you get to decide exactly who you want to become.
At all times in your life, you’re playing a character. And the character you’re playing right now has a certain set of attributes and qualities that you’ve developed over decades of life experience.
The question you need to ask yourself is this — are those qualities and attributes aligned with the man I want to be?
Reflect on that question as you think about the areas of life in which you’re not living up to your full potential.
And then once you’ve had some time to think…click off this article and get to work.
You May Also Like These Articles: