Winning the first hour of the day is crucial for achieving success. I love the way Dr. Andrew Huberman explains this when he says,”With anything in life, you can either be flat-footed, back on your heels, or forward center of mass.”
High-performers start their day with a forward center of mass by engaging in positive habits that set the tone for the rest of their day.
They don’t start the day on their heels mindlessly scrolling social media, hitting the snooze button, or procrastinating important work.
If you want to begin the day with similar momentum, practicing morning affirmations is a great place to start!
So without further ado, let’s get into an extensive list of positive affirmations that you can use to begin the day with a positive outlook.
Short Morning Affirmations
Let’s kick off this list with some short positive affirmations that you can use to start your day off right!
- Today I will make massive progress towards my goals.
- Today I will be bigger than my excuses.
- I’m grateful for another opportunity to pursue growth.
- I’m in complete control of how the rest of my day unfolds.
- I won’t always be motivated today, so I need to be disciplined.
- I’m committed to embracing and overcoming whatever today throws at me.
- Every time that I face my fears, they begin to die off.
- I’m the only person responsible for my success.
- I’m not defined by my past.
- Today is a great opportunity to get shit done.
- Yesterday doesn’t need to take up too much of today.
- Today I will choose the hard path over the easy path.
- The beauty of life is that I’m in complete control over my future.
- My future depends on what I do today.
- Small progress today will add to huge wins in the future.
- I don’t need to feel motivated to make forward progress.
- Every time that I resist the desire for instant gratification, I become stronger.
Positive Affirmations To Start The Day
Let’s keep things rolling! Here’s some more positive morning affirmations that will prime your brain with the right thoughts to start the day.
- I was not born to live an average life.
- On any given day, I’m capable of pursuing my deepest desires.
- Today is a new day and a fresh start.
- I’m in charge of the type of person that I become.
- Every small step in the right direction moves me towards my goals.
- I look forward to challenging myself in numerous ways today.
- I trust that I can handle whatever life throws at me
- I trust myself and my ability to produce at a high level.
- Today I will do one thing that’s outside of my comfort zone.
- I have an opportunity to live up to my full potential today.
- If I do today what I did yesterday, I’ll get today what I got yesterday.
- I’m primed for an incredibly productive day.
- My mind is strong enough to handle the adversity that today will bring.
- I have a bias towards action.
- Nothing will stand in between me and positive action today.
- I appreciate every blessing in my life, no matter how small.
Morning Affirmations For Success
Enjoying this list of morning affirmations so far? Then these two articles on the scientific benefits of affirmations and writing effective affirmations might be of interest to you.
If you just want to keep reading, then here’s some more positive success affirmations that you can leverage to start the day off right.
- If I only put in work when I feel like it, I’ll never be successful.
- I have everything I need within me to be successful.
- I’m capable of taking action towards my goals right now.
- I’m not defined by my past failures.
- All of my past experiences have prepared me for future success.
- Every moment is an opportunity for me to move closer to success.
- One day my story will inspire others to success.
- Growth doesn’t happen inside of my comfort zone.
- It’s completely natural to fear change, but it’s not stronger than my desire for success.
- I don’t have time for distractions that take away focus from my goals.
- Each positive decision brings forward momentum into my life.
- Every moment is an opportunity to erase failures from the past.
- I get to decide the type of person that I act like today.
- I have limitless potential that’s just waiting to be unlocked.
- I know exactly what I want and believe in my ability to get it.
- My future success starts with winning today.
- Success is inevitable as long as I work hard and stay patient.
Morning Affirmations For Confidence
Practicing affirmations for confidence is a great way to boost your self-esteem at the start of the day.
Our internal dialogue is very active in the morning, and oftentimes this dialogue harms our confidence more than it helps.
Here’s a list of morning affirmations that will help you start the day brimming with confidence.
- Each time that I act in spite of fear, I become more confident.
- The actions of confidence come first, the feelings of confidence come later.
- I can become confident and courageous by overcoming my fears.
- I’m capable of showing courage at any given moment.
- I don’t need to feel ready to start overcoming my fears.
- The only person that can stop me is me.
- Confidence is right next door to fear; and today I’m going to walk through the door.
- The path to confidence isn’t easy, but I’m capable of walking it.
- I’m willing to embrace discomfort in order to make today amazing.
- I can step into bravery at any given moment.
- Acting in spite of my fears every day builds my character.
- I don’t need to feel confident to start taking positive action.
- I am in charge of my life.
- There’s no magic pill for confidence, I have to go earn it today.
- I’m coming for what’s mine, and no one can stop me.
Morning Affirmations For Happiness
Practicing affirmations for happiness is yet another fantastic way to start the day. Here’s a list of morning affirmations designed to boost your mood during the morning hours.
- I can always find reasons to be happy.
- I find happiness in the journey, not the destination.
- My happiness is a product of my actions.
- I don’t listen to negative thoughts that try to steal away my joy.
- I’m the only one who is in control of my happiness.
- I’m capable of finding the positive in negative situations.
- I accept that I won’t always feel happy.
- I am prepared to welcome positive thoughts into my life.
- My true nature is positivity and joy.
- Happiness is a choice; and I’m capable of choosing it.
- I’m proud of myself for the good things that I have in my life.
- I’m working every day on adopting a glass half-full mindset.
- I’m grateful for the blessings that I have in my life.
- I can be happy with what I have while also striving for more.
- I’m proud of my journey and how far I’ve come.
- I am worthy of my dreams and goals.
- I am in charge of my own happiness.
- I refuse to spend time with people suck joy and happiness from every environment.
- My life is full of purpose and passion; whether it feels like it or not.
Are Morning Affirmations Really Effective?
While practicing morning affirmations can seem a bit like typical rah-rah self-improvement advice, there’s real science to back up the effectiveness of self-affirmation.
For starters, research shows that positive affirmations buffer the negative effects of stress. This means that affirmations can help you combat the psychological stress response and start the day in a more relaxed state.
It’s also important to consider the brain areas that are activated during self-affirmation.
A 2016 study found that engaging in self-affirmation activates neural reward pathways inside of the brain. When these pathways are activated, we’re less reactive to negative thoughts and less likely to ruminate.
Lastly, it’s also been shown that positive affirmations can produce positive behavior change. In this study, participants were asked to track their consumption of fruits and vegetables over the course of one week.
(Keep in mind that everyone in the study had personal goals that revolved around making healthier lifestyle choices)
On average, the self-affirmed participants ate 5.5 more servings of vegetables per week than those who didn’t practice affirmations.
To recap everything we just discussed, here’s a quick summary of how morning affirmations can help you get your day off to a good start.
- Positive affirmations can help you combat the psychological stress response.
- Self-affirmations also activate the reward pathways inside of the brain, meaning you’ll be less reactive to negative thoughts.
- Research shows that affirmations don’t just keep you emotionally grounded, but also promote measurable behavior change.
What Are The Best Morning Affirmations?
Ultimately, there’s no wrong answer when it comes to implementing affirmations. You can choose any of the ones provided on this list and still experience positive benefits.
However, you should consider aligning them with your current goals. Morning affirmations become much more powerful when they’re contextually relevant to the morning habits you’re working to develop.
- If you’re trying to be more productive in the morning, then these productivity affirmations might be useful.
- If you’re working towards building a successful business, then you should consider implementing some affirmations for business.
- If you’re looking to prioritize fitness in the morning, then these fitness affirmations will help you get to the gym when you don’t feel like it.
So while there’s no magic formula for picking the right combination of words, there is value in aligning your morning affirmations with your personal goals.
Keep this in mind as you go through this list and pick the ones that you’re going to put into practice.
- Read More: Affirmations For Money
Oftentimes, the first hour of the day defines how you spend the remaining hours of your day.
If you start the day engaging in simple positive habits that move your life forward, it’s more likely that trend will continue throughout the day.
If you start the day ruminating over the past and engaging in unproductive habits, then you’ll be fighting an uphill battle the rest of the way.
Positive self-talk is one of those simple habits that can get you moving in the right direction. And while repeating positive affirmations doesn’t guarantee anything, it certainly keeps your center of mass forward as you begin the day.
You May Also Like These Articles