In this article, we’re going to dive into an extensive list of the best Mel Robbins quotes of all-time.
Many of you probably know Mel Robbins as a best-selling author and one of the top motivational speakers in the world.
However, she wasn’t always the successful, confident woman that she is today.
As she’s documented exclusively in her books and interviews, her life was a complete wreck at the age of 40.
Her husband’s restaurant business was about to go up in smoke. She had close to a million dollars in debt. Her marriage was on the brink of collapse.
And self-admittedly, she became very good friends with the whiskey bottle to numb the pain that everyday life was causing her.
Yet despite all of these challenges, she’s become an ultra-successful multi-millionaire who makes a living by helping people get unstuck in the same way she did.
So without further ado, sit back and enjoy these incredibly powerful quotes from Mel Robbins about success, courage, and motivation.
Inspirational Mel Robbins Quotes
Let’s kick off this list with some inspirational quotes from Mel Robbins that will surely light a fire under you.
- “Your life is always trying to teach you something, and it’s moments of friction and discomfort that have the greatest lessons of all.”
- “When it comes to your dreams, you have two choices: pursue them or be haunted by them.”
- “It doesn’t matter that your habits are self-destructive or that your mistakes have been disastrous. You can change what happens next.”
- “Feeling stuck is simply a signal that you’ve stopped growing.”
- “It’s not the big moves that change everything—it’s the smallest ones in your everyday life that do.”
- “Pain doesn’t hurt as much when you stop avoiding it.”
- “Nothing changes if nothing changes.”
- “Don’t try to have it figured out all the time. Half of my journey has been learning to own up to my flaws and mistakes with a sense of humor and grace for myself.”
- “One of the most important revelations you can ever have is that your life and your happiness begins and ends inside your own mind.”
- “The challenge is finding the ability, in the face of an overwhelming amount of resistance, to create a small change in your life and build on it.”
- “There’s only gonna be one you in the history of time, and there is somebody in the world who needs your story.”
- “You cannot get what you want if you refuse to face the truth. You are struggling. You long for more. We all do. That tension between where you are now and what you want to become is what makes you human.”
- “99% of what you’re stressing about right now won’t even matter a year from now. Take a deep breath.”
- “Learn from your past, but don’t be controlled by it.”
- “You can truly trace every single problem or complaint in your life to silence and hesitation.”
- “Your life comes down to your decisions. And if you change your decisions, you will change everything.”
- “True change comes down to five second windows; the moment you need to do something feels uncomfortable, you have five seconds to move.”
- “Your feelings aren’t a choice, but your behavior and your thoughts are always a choice.”
- “You can do hard things without being hard on yourself.”
- “Your past is a lesson, not a life sentence. Forgive yourself and focus on the future.”
- “Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.”
- “We are all capable of greatness. It is our feelings and fears that convince us now is not the right time and keep us from achieving greatness.”
- “The bottom line is that no one’s coming. No one’s coming to push you. No one’s coming to tell you to turn the tv off. No one’s coming to tell you to apply for your dream job. It’s up to you.”
Mel Robbins Quotes About Motivation & Success
Enjoying this list Mel Robbins quotes so far? Then you may also enjoy this list of the best Tim Grover quotes or these Dwayne Johnson quotes.
If you just want to keep reading, then here’s more Mel Robbins quotes on motivation and success.
- “If you’ve ever wondered why it’s so hard to make yourself do the things that you know will solve your problems and improve your life… it’s because of your feelings.”
- “If all you ever do is think about what you want, it’s not a dream—it’s a wish. A dream requires action. It demands partnership. It only becomes real when you find the courage to step toward it.”
- “Stop telling yourself it won’t happen and start doing the work.”
- “If you don’t learn how to untangle your feelings from your actions, you’ll never unlock your true potential.”
- “When you focus on getting the little things right, the big things take care of themselves.”
- “Small things are not small at all. They are the most important things of all. And they add up.”
- “Right before we’re about to do something that feels difficult, scary or uncertain, we hesitate.”
- “In any area of your life that you want to change, adopt this rule. Just do the things that you don’t want to do.”
- “That’s what it takes to get what you want. Not big scary leaps once a year. It takes small, but irritating moves every single day.”
- “Your feelings don’t matter. The only thing that matters is what you DO.”
- “You can’t control how you feel. But you can always choose how you act.”
- “Some behaviors you can learn and automate, but there’s other stuff you don’t like doing where you’ll always have to push yourself. That’s just how it is.”
- “Most of us know what we could do to change things for the better, and we spend our time and energy talking ourselves out of doing those things.”
- “Your life goes off the rails in one of two ways. One, something incredibly tragic happens to you suddenly. Or, you make tiny negative decisions that aren’t aligned with who you are over time.”
- “If you only ever did the things you don’t want to do, you’d have everything you’ve ever wanted.”
- “You only feel motivated to do the things that are easy.”
- “We are not designed to do things that are uncomfortable, or scary, or difficult. Our brains are designed to protect us from those things because it’s trying to keep us alive.”
- “As technology advances, the greatest capacity for people in the next ten years is this: do you have the ability to focus on what matters? And do you have control over your thoughts and actions?”
- “You aren’t battling your ability to stick to a diet, execute a business plan, repair a broken marriage and rebuild your life or hit your goals, you are battling your feelings about doing it.”
- “ I don’t know when we all bought into the idea that in order to change you must “feel” eager or “feel” motivated to act. It’s complete garbage. The moment it’s time to assert yourself, you will not feel motivated. In fact, you won’t feel like doing anything at all.”
Quotes From Mel Robbins About Courage
Let’s keep things rolling with some eye-opening Mel Robbins quotes about the power of showing courage on a daily basis.
- “Regardless of how you learned to beat yourself up, the bottom line is if it makes you miserable, you have a responsibility to change it.”
- “Act like the person you want to become, no matter how you feel right now.”
- “It’s okay to be scared, just do the damn thing anyway.”
- “If you can find the courage to start to walk towards what you want, you can’t even imagine how incredible that’s going to be.”
- “You think you need to feel confident or courageous in order to get started, but you don’t. You actually just have to start.”
- “You can feel uncertain and be ready. You can be afraid and do it anyway. You can fear rejection and still go for it.”
- “It’s okay to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.”
- “Change your decisions and you’ll change your life. And what will change your decisions more than anything? Courage.”
- “If you have the courage to start, you have the courage to succeed.”
- “There’s one thing that is guaranteed to increase your feelings of control over your life: a bias toward action.”
- “Your doubts create mountains, but your actions move them.”
- “You can’t change what happened, but you can choose what happens next. That’s where your true power is.”
- “You have all of the answers, but the real question is this…do you have the courage to push yourself to things that are terrifying?”
- “You’re never gonna feel ready to start that business. You’re never gonna feel ready to have that hard conversation. You’re never gonna feel ready to apply for that promotion.”
- “At some point, we all bought into this lie that we need to feel ready in order to change. We all bought into this falsehood that at some point you’re gonna have the courage or the confidence. And it’s complete garbage.”
- “Hesitation is the kiss of death. You might hesitate for a just nanosecond, but that’s all it takes. That one small hesitation triggers a mental system that’s designed to stop you.”
- “We are all so afraid of uncertainty that we want a guarantee before we even try. To play any game, you have to start. To win, you need to keep going. If you want to make your dreams come true, get ready for the long game.”
- “There’s always going to be an excuse not to do something. Courage is what it’s gonna take to be happier. Courage is what it’s gonna take to reach your potential.”
- “It takes courage to push through your fears. Is it gonna be hard? Yes. Are you gonna struggle? Yes. But that’s all a part of the journey, it’s not supposed to be easy.”
Mel Robbins Quotes About Confidence
To wrap up this list, here’s some final quotes from Mel Robbins about living life with complete confidence.
- “Waiting won’t help. Waiting will only make it worse. When you sit with fear and uncertainty your mind makes it expand.”
- “That’s how confidence grows—one small, courageous move at a time.”
- “Waiting until you are ready will not make it happen. The world doesn’t work that way.”
- “Your relationship with yourself is the foundation of every relationship you have in life.”
- “The more that you believe that you are in control of your life, your actions and your future, the happier and more successful you’ll be.”
- “One of the biggest reasons why you’re unhappy is because you know deep down what you want, but you won’t allow yourself to have it.”
- “This moment is preparing me for something that hasn’t happened yet.”
- “Whatever rejection you’re facing right now is a gift.”
- “The more you practice self-acceptance, the more you’ll realize the only person who’s acceptance you ever needed was your own.”
- “Be your own biggest fan. Love yourself and give yourself the things that you need.”
- “The most important relationship in your life is the one you have with yourself. The right person for you right now might be you.”
- “Whatever is happening right now, this is it. This is your life. And it’s not going to begin again. You can’t change the past, but in five seconds you can change your future.”
- “You cannot think your way to a new life. It’s going to require you to practice some new habits. If you want your life to be different, you’ve got to start acting differently and making different decisions.”
- “Forgive yourself. Whatever you’re holding onto or carrying around from the past…let it go.”
- “Pushing yourself to take simple actions creates a chain reaction in your confidence and your productivity.”
- “Saying no doesn’t make you a bad person. Saying no doesn’t make you mean. Saying no is a healthy boundary that protects your time and your energy. Be honest about who and what matters to you.”
- “Start telling yourself every day that you are exactly where you need to be right now. One of the major reasons why you don’t have what you want in life is because you invalidate where you are and are too quick to trash yourself.”
- “Do it anyway. Part of the reason why you don’t have what you want in your life is because when you don’t feel like doing it, you don’t do it. Your life only gets easier when you do the hard things all the time. Push through your resignation and do it.”
- “When you replace that self-doubt and self-criticism that drags you down with self-acceptance and self-love that lifts you up, your life will change.”
What Does Mel Robbins Say About Motivation?
One of the reasons that Mel’s message resonates so much with me personally is because of her philosophy about motivation.
She’s the furthest thing from a “rah-rah get motivated” self-help guru. In fact, she has a choice word that she uses to describe motivation:
The common theme in all of her work is easy to resonate with — you’re rarely going to feel motivated to do what it takes to reach your goals.
- The body that you want lies on the other side of tough workouts that you don’t feel like doing.
- The million dollar business you want to build lies on the other side of work that you won’t always feel motivated to put in.
- The self-confidence that you desire is on the other side of scary situations that you don’t want to force yourself into.
It’s this philosophy that built the foundation for her first best-selling book: The 5 Second Rule.
In the book, Mel Outlines a simple strategy that people can use to stop relying on motivation:
“If you have an instinct to act on a goal, you must physically move within five seconds or your brain will kill it.”
Feel yourself procrastinating on an important work project? Count backwards from five in your head and then open up your laptop when you get to one.
Feel yourself hesitating to get out of bed early in the morning? Count backwards from five in your head and jump out of bed when you get to one.
By creating an initial burst of momentum, you set yourself up to push past internal resistance and follow through on your intentions.
This simple rule is how Mel forces herself to do the hard things that unlock a deep, fulfilling life.
I hope that you enjoyed this extensive compilation of powerful Mel Robbins quotes!
If there’s one thing that you take away from this article, let it be this — stop buying into motivation and start developing a bias towards action.
The person who takes action in spite of their emotions will always beat the person who waits until they feel ready to take action.
So what’s one situation where you can apply the 5 second rule today?
You May Also Like These Articles: