Do you have that nagging feeling that it may be time to give up on something that’s important to you? Well, then the following maybe it’s time to give up quotes may provide some much-needed clarity and direction.
Change will always be a constant in your life. It doesn’t matter if it’s your goals, beliefs, career, or relationships; your worldview will always be in a state of constant evolution.
And as your perspective evolves, letting go becomes a necessity. You might realize you need to prioritize different goals. You might realize that it’s time to switch careers, or try your hand at a different business model.
Or maybe, you need to re-align everything, all at once.
Wherever you’re at in life, realize that there is strength in giving up. It’s painful to stop pursuing things that are important to you, but many times it’s simply the best route forward.
So without further ado, let’s dive into these quotes that you may relate to based on where you’re at right now.
Motivational Maybe It’s Time To Give Up Quotes
- “The path to our destination is not always a straight one. We go down the wrong road, we turn back. Maybe it doesn’t matter which road we embark on. Maybe what matters is that we embark.” ~ Barbara Hall
- “Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak; sometimes it means you are strong enough to let go.”
- “Never underestimate the power you have to take your life in a new direction.” ~ Germany Kent
- “Sometimes it’s better to end something and try to start something new than imprison yourself in hoping for the impossible.” ~ Karen Salmansohn
- “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” ~ Paulo Coehlo
- “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” ~ Daphne Rose Kingma
- “The things that happen in life aren’t meant to stop us, they’re meant to reposition us so we can come in contact with what we deserve.” ~ Inky Johnson
- “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “Letting go doesn’t mean you are weak; it means you have the strength to move on no matter how much it hurts.”
- “Don’t ever feel like your best days are behind you. Reinvention is the purest form of hope. Make today your best day yet.” ~ Phil Wohl
- “If you’re not stubborn, you’ll give up on projects too soon. And if you’re not flexible, you’ll pound your head against the wall and you won’t see a different solution to the problem you’re trying to solve.” ~ Jeff Bezos
- “You’re allowed to start over as often as you want in order to get the life you desire.”
- “When you invest in something, when you hustle and grind for something, you have a different type of attachment to it.” ~ Kevin Gates
- “The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering.” ~ Ben Okri
- “If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.” ~ Flavia Weedn
- “Like everything we don’t have a passion for, it is very easy to give up when it becomes too much work. Work without passion is work rather not done.” ~ Byron Pulsifer
- “You don’t need to get it right the first time. You can start over as often as you need to.”
- “There are two kinds of pain in this world. The pain that hurts, and the pain that alters.” ~ Denzel Washington
- “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.” ~ Elon Musk
- “There’s a big difference between calculated shifts in direction and simply being weak-minded. If you’re thinking that maybe it’s time to give up, don’t do it because it’s the easy thing. Do it because it’s the right thing.”
- “Letting go is really hard, especially when you have to let go of something you really want.” ~ Rania Naim
- “Letting go has never been easy, but holding on can be just as difficult. Yet strength is measured not by holding on, but by letting go.” ~ Len Santos
Maybe It’s Time To Give Up Quotes (Short)
Enjoying this list of quotes so far? Then you may also enjoy these keep pushing quotes or this list of quotes for when you feel like giving up.
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some more inspirational maybe it’s time to give up quotes.
- “Maybe it’s just the timing. Trust things to work out the way they’re meant to.”
- “Embrace your chance to start over and be the person you were born to be.”
- “You can start over whenever you want. It’s your life and your decision.”
- “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.” ~ Havelock Ellis
- “If you really want people to believe in you, then go out and build something great.” ~ Andy Frisella
- “Sometimes painful endings bring the best new beginnings.” ~ Shae Ross
- “You may not get it right the first time, the second time, or the hundredth time.”
- “Let go of what doesn’t work so your hands are free to hold what’s meant for you.”
- “Starting over isn’t weak. It takes an incredibly brave person to make a new beginning.”
- “Allow yourself to walk away from what no longer works, without regrets and without looking back.”
- “Each time you choose to start over, you’re choosing to prioritize your goals and dreams.”
- “Celebrate endings – for they precede new beginnings.” ~ Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- “Life always has a new beginning to anyone brave enough to reach for it.”
- “Maybe this isn’t a detour; maybe it’s your destiny.”
- “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” ~ Henry Ford
- “When you’re frustrated with your journey, maybe it’s time to pick a new destination.”
- “A very small shift in direction can lead to a very meaningful change in destination.” ~ James Clear
- “Reset, restart, re-focus. But don’t you dare give up on your dreams.”
- “Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.” ~ The Fray
- “If you want to fly, you have to give up the things that weigh you down.” ~ Toni Morrison
- “Strength shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over.” ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Turn every failure into the opportunity to begin again, this time with more experience.”
- “The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.” ~ Steve Jobs
Powerful Maybe It’s Time To Give Up Quotes
- “Maybe it’s not always about trying to fix something broken. Maybe it’s about starting over and creating something better.”
- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” ~ Socrates
- “Letting go of a dream hurts, but not as much as holding onto a nightmare.”
- “Recreate your life, always. Remove the stones. Plant rose bushes and make sweets. Begin again.” ~ Cora Coralina
- “Life doesn’t always go according to plan. Sometimes heading in a new direction can be scary until you realize you’re headed towards an exciting new destination.”
- “There’s a fine line between giving up on moving onto new challenges. If your gut is telling you that maybe it’s time to give up and shift direction, that’s something worth reflecting on.”
- “Hustle until you don’t have to struggle. Then keep hustling so you can help others that are still struggling.” ~ Grant Cardone
- “If it’s not right, move on. If it is right, move forward. Either way, we continue moving forward.”
- “Stop walking in the ruins of your past. You may have regrets, but regrets means you’re wiser now than then. Focus on your purpose and future.” ~ Brad Johnson
- “Don’t be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That’s only the initial impression. The important thing is not to retreat; you have to master yourself.” ~ Olga Korbut
- “Knowledge is learning something new every day. Wisdom is letting go of something every day.” ~ Zen Proverb
- “You really don’t have to burn any bridges to let go… You don’t have to destroy anything. You can just decide to cross over and move on.” ~ Marta Mrotek
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ~ Dale Carnegie
- “If you keep doing what you’ve been doing, then you’re gonna keep getting what you’ve been getting.” ~ Steve Harvey
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” ~ Helen Keller
- “Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” ~ Earl Nightingale
- “Everything begins at the beginning, and quite often the beginning begins when you shift your mind in a new direction.” ~ Louie Herron
- “You can always make the choice to let go and start over – you are the one who has to make that decision.” ~ Kate Summers
- “If you have the ability to pick yourself up by your bootstraps and start over, you come out stronger because you learn from whatever mistakes you made.” ~ Abby Lee Miller
- “Falling down isn’t failure. Starting over isn’t failure. Every time you grasp a new beginning, you’ve already triumphed.”
- “Starting over is an acceptance of a past we can’t change, an unrelenting conviction that the future can be different, and the stubborn wisdom to use the past not to make the future what the past was not.” ~ Craig Lonsbrough
Giving Up On Relationships Quotes
- “Quit that job that makes you unhappy. Leave that relationship that’s draining you. Excommunicate all of those who don’t elevate you.”
- “The greatest act of loving another person is letting go and wishing for their happiness and wellbeing regardless of your sorrow and pain.” ~ Anurag Prakash Ray
- “When someone makes you cry more than they make you love, then it’s time to move on.”
- “No matter how much effort you put into a relationship, some people will just never appreciate it.”
- “You can never save someone by letting them destroy you. That’s not love, it’s rational suicide. Save yourself instead. Get out while there’s still time.” ~ John Mark Green
- “It might hurt to walk away, but it will never compare to the pain of staying.”
- “Maybe it’s not always about trying to fix something broken. Maybe it’s about starting over and creating something better.”
- “Stepping onto a brand new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation which is not nurturing.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “Letting go of someone you love is hard. But holding onto someone who doesn’t feel the same is much harder.”
- “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history but not a part of your destiny.” ~ Steve Maraboli
- “Rehashing the past won’t change anything. Time to move forward.” ~ Zena Wynn
- “Not every love is meant to love forever. Forgive the bad times, be grateful for the good times, and move on when you’re ready.”
- “Letting go doesn’t mean you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” ~ Deborah Reber
- “If you’re constantly having to wonder where you stand with someone, maybe it’s time to stop standing and start walking.”
- “The worst part about moving on is that you must start over without the one you thought would be with you forever.”
- “No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” ~ Robert Southey
- “Sometimes you gotta give up on people. Not because you don’t care, but because they don’t.”
- “The right person will make you feel unwanted, unappreciated, unloved, and they will make you feel like an option. The right person have you feeling wanted, appreciated, loved, and they will have you feeling like a priority.” ~ Jay Shetty
- “Thinking that they will change after they repeatedly showed you they won’t means that maybe it’s time to give up on the relationship.”
- “To truly love is to have the courage to walk away and let the other person who wishes to be free go no matter how much it hurts.” ~ Taylor Swift
- “Relationships are about trust. If you have to play detective, then it’s time to move on.”
- “You can’t force someone to be in love. When they prove to you time and time again that they aren’t, then maybe it’s time to give up on them for the betterment of both of you.”
More Maybe It’s Time To Give Up Quotes
Let’s wrap up this list with some powerful quotes for when you’re thinking that maybe it’s time to give up.
Feel free to also check out these you are stronger than you think quotes for further motivation.
- “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” ~ Deepak Chopra
- “Don’t be afraid to start over. This time you’re not starting from scratch. You’re starting from experience.”
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ~ Joseph Campbell
- “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.”
- “You can’t change what happened, but you can choose what happens next. That’s where your true power is.” ~ Mel Robbins
- “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” ~ Guy Finley
- “Start again. And again. And again. Keep starting until you succeed.”
- “If you’re thinking that maybe it’s time to give up, don’t automatically assume this is a weakness. Sometimes, a change of direction is needed to help you come into contact with what you deserve.”
- “If starting a new chapter isn’t enough, close the whole book and begin a new one.”
- “If you like the results you are getting, then by all means continue with your current behaviors. On the other hand, if you’re open to a change; consider starting down a new path.” ~ Sumber M. Davenport
- “Most people don’t get any further in life because their ego makes them feel like giving up and starting something new is a bad thing.”
- “Getting a better plan in place and starting your process of becoming a true winner is going to improve your life.” ~ Steve Williams
- “Some people spend their whole lives waiting for the sound of a starting gun that never goes off. Don’t wait. Pull the trigger yourself.” ~ The Stoic Emperor
- “There are two mistakes one can make on the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.” ~ Buddha
- “You are the author of your life story. You can start a new chapter any time you choose.” ~ Amy Atherton
- “Close some doors. Not because of pride, incapacity, or arrogance, but because they no longer lead somewhere.”
- “It’s good to start over. It will be scary but you will see what you’re really made of; it’s the best opportunity to achieve what you never thought you could.” ~ Jennifer Coletta
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~ Martin Robinson
- “If you’re not feeling passionate about your work, then maybe it’s time to give up and shift course.”
- “Don’t be afraid to start all over again. You may like your new story better.”
- “You can learn new things at any time in your life if you’re willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.” ~ Barbara Shur
I hope that you enjoyed this inspirational collection of maybe it’s time to give up quotes!
These quotes serve as a reminder there are times when “just keep pushing through it” isn’t always the best advice.
It’s important to be mindful of when it’s time to change course. There’s no question that you need perseverance and grit to get the life you want. But at what point does that become a liability?
Life is always changing, which means you should always be reflecting. If you’re no longer passionate about a career, it may be time to change course. If you’re feeling like you should be putting more energy into certain goals and less into others, that’s probably a feeling you want to go deeper on.
Your gut instinct is usually right, so trust that it knows the right time to walk away from something.
If you enjoyed this article, then feel free to also check out this list of one day at a time quotes for further motivation.