In this article, we’re diving into some of the best Luke Combs quotes for all the country music fans out there!
The North Carolina-born singer and songwriter burst onto the scene in 2016 with his debut single, “Hurricane,” and has since amassed a huge following of fans who can’t get enough of his music.
With a string of chart-topping hits and awards to his name, Combs has become one of most successful and beloved artists in the country music scene today.
In addition to his success as a musician, there’s also a lot to like about Luke Combs as a person. He’s well known for having a down-to-earth personality which is admirable considering all the success he’s had.
His humbleness and relatability, combined with his musical talent, really does make him a really easy guy to cheer for. So without further ado, let’s dive into some of the best quotes and lyrics from Luke Combs that showcase his unique perspective on life, love, and music.
Best Luke Combs Quotes
- “I just love writing songs and singing them. People seem to enjoy them, and that’s all you can really ask for. I didn’t get in it to try to be a celebrity or whatever.” ~ Luke Combs
- “Sometimes, you sit down to write a song, you don’t realize what it’s going to mean to somebody other than yourself.” ~ Luke Combs
- “It’s never been about money for me. It’s just not.” ~ Luke Combs
- “They say nothin’ lasts forever, but they ain’t seen us together.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I’ve always felt like I had a lot to prove. People always told me that I’d be nothing more than a song writer.” ~ Luke Combs
- “Yeah, those were the days we thought we’d never lose. But we did and we miss how it was when we were just kids.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I won’t be here, but I’ll always be right there. Even though I’m, leavin’ I ain’t goin’ nowhere.” ~ Luke Combs
- “You don’t think that much about life. You just live it.” ~ Luke Combs
- “When I got my first deal, I really already had a built in fan-base, which was kind of unheard of at that time.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I never had this grandiose dream of being any kind of country music star. I just slowly progressed into what I’m doing now.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I was doing alright but just your sight had my heart stormin’.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I would love to say that my success was a master plan that I had drawn up, but it really wasn’t. It was just a series of logical steps that made sense to me.” ~ Luke Combs
- “The way you say I love you too is like rain on an old tin roof.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I’ve always had a chip on my shoulder. That always got me so amped up to wanna go write a good song, or sing a really good cover.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I guess whoever said the grass is greener on the other side must’ve never seen the other side. What don’t kill you makes you stronger, sure sounds like a lie.” ~ Luke Combs
- “Some things just go better together and probably always will.” ~ Luke Combs
- “There’s an authenticity in just being who you are and not having an act about it or wearing clothes you normally wouldn’t wear. I’m just comfortable in my own skin.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I don’t want to put myself in any kind of a box as far as my sound goes, because being an artist is fluid. If you look at a painter’s work, a lot of times, it’s similar in style, but other times—over even a year’s period—it can change so much. I’m just going with the flow.” ~ Luke Combs
- “Your first and my last name would sound better together and probably always will, like a cup of coffee and a sunrise, Sunday drives and time to kill.” ~ Luke Combs
- “There’s a lot of luck involved in success, no doubt. Obviously you have to be able to sing and have a large body of work, but luck is a big part of it.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I’ve been singing my entire life. The guitar came to me later on down the road.” ~ Luke Combs
- “What I thought was gonna be the death of me was my saving grace.” ~ Luke Combs
- “She’s fightin’ getting closer. It’s just too plain to see. And I know she ain’t ready, but that’s alright with me.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I do gravitate towards sad songs because I find them to be more of a challenge for me from a writing perspective.” ~ Luke Combs
- “Then you rolled in with your hair in the wind without warning. I was doin’ alright but just your sight had my heart stormin’.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I’ve always felt like an underdog in everything I’ve tried to do, so I’ve used that to my advantage.” ~ Luke Combs
- “We’re worn out boots and old Levi’s…the wind behind the stars and the stripes.” ~ Luke Combs
- “Lookin’ back on the past, wasn’t much but it’s what we had. Just a couple buds is all it was, but that’s what memories are made of.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I remember going into meetings and people would ask me, “so who do you want to pitch these songs to?” I was like…I’m gonna sing them!” ~ Luke Combs
- “It took me a lot of work to get where I’m at. I really had to go out there and earn my fans.” ~ Luke Combs
- “She started calling me baby, and two years later I was down on one knee. With a ring in my hand…I said I’m your man and girl will you marry me?” ~ Luke Combs
- “I think that was always my goal; get people to come back and see a show twice and then see it a third time. And now I’ve got people who’ve been to 30, 40 shows.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I’ve never been connected to what I’m wearing, I let the music do the talking and let the image be what it’s going to be.” ~ Luke Combs
- “Let me get some candles burning and some records turning. All the lights down low take it nice and slow.” ~ Luke Combs
- “From the moment I was good enough on guitar to put even one song together, I kind of billed myself as an artist.” ~ Luke Combs
- “It’s awesome to have friends among the country music community that you know are looking out for you and that are excited to see you on the road.” ~ Luke Combs
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then let’s keep this list rolling with some more of the best Luke Combs quotes.
- “Growing up, I was an only child. And even though we didn’t have everything that I wanted, I had everything that I needed.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I’ve always wanted to be the best. I never wanted to be the sixth man of the year, I wanted to be Michael Jordan.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I’m an honest dude, not trying to be anything other than who I am.” ~ Luke Combs
- “Might be the whiskey or the midnight rain. but everywhere I go I see your face. In my brain, dial it up, everything I want to say…but I’m still one number away.” ~ Luke Combs
- “When you walked out of my life, you sent me reelin. There’s nothing I can do…about you takin’ my heart and breakin’ it right in two.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I really enjoy shopping and going out and getting stuff for other people. I could really give a damn about getting gifts for myself, but I really enjoy giving gifts.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I had to spend a lot of hours building the brand before people bought into it.” ~ Luke Combs
- “She can’t help but amaze me, the way that she dances, ain’t afraid to take chances. And she wears her heart on her sleeve. Yeah she’s crazy…but her crazy’s beautiful to me.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I’ve always been a ‘small goals’ kind of guy. That’s how you do great things.” ~ Luke Combs
- “She got the best of me, she broke my heart. Now all that’s left of me is beating in this guitar.” ~ Luke Combs
- “With anything you’re doing, I think that staying hungry is the key to success.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I think there’s a kind of comfortability with me on stage. I think my cool factor is not having one. I’m not extra cool or extra different.” ~ Luke Combs
- “Both of my grandparents were in the service, it’s something you can’t be thankful enough for.” ~ Luke Combs
- “You wrecked my whole world when you came, and hit me like a hurricane.” ~ Luke Combs
- “At 17, you don’t think much about life, you just live it.” ~ Luke Combs
- “It’s always about that 1 person out of 60,000 in the crowd. I’ll sometimes see someone in the front just weeping uncontrollably and connecting with the song because they lost their dad. That’s why I make music, not awards.” ~ Luke Combs
- “Anytime that me and the guys go out on the road, it’s fun to step away from the craziness of what it is we do. I just enjoy that time being outside with my buddies.” ~ Luke Combs
- “Hadn’t had a good time since you know when. Got talked into going out, with hopes you were staying in.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I knew I was a good singer, I’ve been singing my whole life so I was comfortable enough with that – I felt like I could compensate for not being great on guitar.” ~ Luke Combs
- “Write what you want to write, write what people want to hear, and write about what they’re going through, because if you could connect with the people who are listening to your music and coming to your concerts and coming to your meet and greets, then you’re doing your job well.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I’m always trying to learn, I’m always trying to get better.” ~ Luke Combs
- I’ve always been a big Eric Church guy. It’s rare that you find an artist where you can relate to every word that they’re saying.” ~ Eric Church
- “I’m not gonna be the person who regrets not giving it their all they had while they had the opportunity. That’s why I bring a hard-working attitude to everything I do.” ~ Luke Combs
- “But I got away with you…and somehow I ain’t been found out. Like I strolled out of the gates of Alcatraz and walked into the Louvre.” ~ Luke Combs
- “It’s actually pretty hard to find an artist where you can tell they believe what they’re saying. That’s a reputation I’ve always tried to build.” ~ Luke Combs
- “People always judged my sound and my look when I first got to Nashville…and that’s a big reason why I was so motivated.” ~ Luke Combs
- “I could play a gig on the moon and not be nervous about it.” ~ Luke Combs
FAQ’s About Luke Combs
Now that we’ve covered some of the best quotes from Luke Combs, let’s dive into other interesting aspects of his life before wrapping up this article.
What does Luke Combs call his fans?
Luke Combs refers to his fans as “The Bootleggers.” This nickname was inspired by the title of his first EP, “The Way She Rides,” which featured a song called “The Legend of the Bootlegger.”
Luke Combs’ fans have embraced the nickname and proudly call themselves “Bootleggers” at his concerts and on social media.
What is Luke Combs biggest hit?
Luke Combs has several popular songs, but his most popular song in terms of commercial success and cultural impact is “Hurricane.”
Released in 2016 as his debut single, “Hurricane” quickly became a massive hit, reaching number one on the Billboard Country Airplay chart and earning a Platinum certification from the RIAA.
The song’s catchy chorus, emotive lyrics, and Luke Combs’ powerful vocals made it an instant fan favorite and helped to launch his career to new heights.
What are three interesting facts about Luke Combs?
One interesting fact about Luke Combs is that he attended Appalachian State University, where he played football as a linebacker for the mountaineers. Funny enough, he originally intended to become a music teacher before deciding to launch his own career.
Additionally, Combs is more than just a singer songwriter. He’s an incredibly skilled musician who can play the guitar, drums, and even the piano as well.
Lastly, Combs is known to be a huge wrestling fan, and he even worked as a bouncer in a wrestling themed bar before his music career took off.
Well, that wraps up this list of Luke Combs quotes!
Luke Combs is a rare talent in the country music industry, with a gift for creating music that speaks to the heart of his fans. His honest and relatable lyrics have captured the hearts of millions, and his quotes are a testament to his authentic approach to life and music.
From his humble beginnings in North Carolina to his meteoric rise to stardom, Luke Combs has remained true to himself and his fans. And that’s something to be admired in a world where everyone is trying to be something they’re not.
So I hope that you’ve enjoyed this list of quotes. And if you’re feeling up to it, there’s some other articles below that you may enjoy reading too!
You May Also Like These Articles: