Every one of you reading this deserves love from the important people in your life.
But just like loyalty, love is a two-way street. If you want to receive an abundance of love from the people in your life, you must have the courage to unapologetically express your true feelings.
At our core, we have an innate desire to be accepted. We need to feel valued by other people in order to feel like we have a place in the world.
Expressing love, whether it’s in big or small ways, is the best way to strengthen your social bonds and live a more meaningful life.
It’s not always going to be easy to express love to your tribe. Your family won’t always feel like family. Your spouse/partner will drive you crazy. Your close friendships will get rocky sometimes. Your feelings for someone won’t always be reciprocated.
In these moments, it’s important that your self-talk doesn’t tilt your emotional scale towards the side of bitterness and resentment. So to that end, here’s a list of love affirmations to keep your heart full during the ups and downs of life.
What Affirmations Should I Use For Love?
The way in which you use love affirmations will depend upon whatever you’re currently looking to manifest in your life.
- Maybe you’re in a healthy relationship and you’re just looking to become a more open, loving partner.
- Maybe you’re searching for love right now and need some positive encouragement to help you attract the right person into your life.
- Maybe you’re feeling a little disconnected from your friends or family and want to start strengthening those relationships.
Whatever form of connection you’re after, it’s important to practice love affirmations that are contextually relevant to these goals.
If you’re going to practice affirmations for love, they should be in line with the specific traits you’re working to develop. Avoid general statements like, “I feel like my heart is full right now.” or “I feel loved everywhere I go.”
For starters, these statements might not even be true. Do you really feel like your heart is full? Do you really feel loved everywhere you go? If not, your brain will recognize the incongruence and your affirmations will have little to no effect.
Let’s compare those statements to something like this: “I can show love to my friends by performing one small act of kindness right now.”
See how much more specific and powerful that is? You’re not lying to yourself, and this statement is certainly relevant to your current goals.
It’s best to apply that same structure to your own affirmations. So if you come across any love affirmation on this list that feels too general, feel free to adjust it however you see fit.
I’d recommend going through the list and picking 2-3 affirmations that resonate with you before customizing them for your own needs.
Love Affirmations For Attracting The Right Person
Let’s start off with some affirmations for love that will help you attract the right kind of partner into your life.
(P.S. You may enjoy these self-love affirmations as well).
- I’m capable of finding love.
- The right person will come into my life at the right moment.
- I cherish opportunities to meet new people and find love.
- I’m a loving person that anyone would be lucky to have.
- My love life won’t get better until my decisions start changing.
- I’m always seeking new opportunities to find love.
- I’m on the right path to finding love.
- Finding the right person is a difficult journey but I’m in it for the long haul.
- I will never give up on finding my soulmate.
- My heart and mind are completely aligned.
- I feel ready to welcome someone new into my life.
- I couldn’t be more excited about what lies ahead for me.
- I deserve real and authentic love.
- Love starts with me.
- I will find the right person eventually, it’s just a matter of time.
- I must take action and listen to my intuition in order to find love.
- I have so much love within me that’s ready to be shared with someone.
- No one else is me, and that is my superpower.
- I’m in no rush to find love; good things come to those who are patient.
- I’m worthy of being in a loving, healthy relationship with someone who genuinely enjoys my company.
- I’m committed to remaining true to my values as I try to find someone to spend the rest of my life with.
Unconditional Love Affirmations
If you just want to keep reading, then here’s some more affirmations about unconditional love.
- I will find small ways to express unconditional love today.
- I’m worthy of unconditional love.
- I will receive unconditional love when I start showing it to others.
- I give myself permission to withhold unconditional love from people who don’t prove that they really care about me.
- Finding love is a priority in my life.
- Every day is an opportunity for me to show unconditional love to the people that I care about.
- I believe in unconditional love.
- I’m willing to support my friends and family by showing them unconditional love.
- I was born with the capacity to show unconditional love.
- It’s always a good time to do something that makes someone’s day.
- I’m always looking for ways to love myself and others.
- The world is a beautiful place that’s full of love.
- My heart is open to receiving love in all forms.
- I don’t listen to negative thoughts that try to make me bitter and resentful.
- I’m always one decision away from a completely different life.
- Developing a more loving attitude helps me attract quality people into my life.
- The world is full of love and opportunities to find it.
- Expressing love can be scary, but it’s also scary to leave things unsaid.
- I give myself permission to open up to those around me.
- Being vulnerable around other people is a strength, not a weakness.
Love Affirmations For Couples
To conclude this list of love affirmations, here’s a few positive phrases that will encourage you to show consistent affection to your partner.
- The love that I receive from my partner is a direct reflection of the love that I show them.
- I’m capable of showing deep, passionate love to my partner.
- I’m motivated to be the best partner that I can be.
- I’m committed to supporting my partner in all of their endeavors.
- Today I’m committing to doing one really nice thing for my partner.
- I realize that keeping things fresh and exciting makes for a loving relationship.
- Me and my partner lean on each other and navigate difficult times together.
- I’m comfortable telling my partner exactly what is on my mind.
- I will never leave my partner’s side unless we both agree that it’s the only way for us to grow.
- I’m committed to being an active participant in my relationship instead of letting things grow stale.
- I’m grateful to have someone by my side in life because not everyone has that luxury.
- I accept the fact that neither me or my partner is perfect.
- I accept that my relationship has its ups and downs, but at the end of the day we both love each other.
- I will always be there for my spouse/partner no matter what.
- Every single challenge helps our relationship grow stronger.
- My partner brings out the very best in me every single day.
- My partner and I are growing together every single day.
How You Should Use These Affirmations For Love
Before we wrap up this article, I want to talk briefly about the best way to integrate these love affirmations into your day.
Put simply, you should use these affirmations on an as-needed basis. Use them at the precise moments where you feel your internal dialogue isn’t supporting the warm, loving attitude that you’re trying to cultivate.
Here are some potential scenarios where it would make sense to practice these affirmations:
- You catch your mind judging your partner for one of their flaws
- You’re struggling to express love to the people you care about.
- You’re questioning your ability to attract the right person into your life.
- You’re feeling disconnected from your friends and family.
When you find that your brain isn’t being the positive voice that you need it to be, use positive self-talk to create your own internal support system.
Get into the habit of practicing affirmations in these moments and you’ll have an easier time finding love and expressing affection towards your tribe.
Final Thoughts On Affirmations For Love
The world is a beautiful place full of people who deserve to be loved, and you are one of those people.
Whether you’re trying to find love or simply express it more often, I hope that the positive phrases provided above are sufficiently encouraging for you.
Obviously, these love affirmations are not a substitute for action. If you really want to go through life with a full heart, you’ve gotta do the work.
So you’re feeling up to it, start today! Here’s my challenge to you for today — do something out of character that involves showing love to someone you care about.
It doesn’t matter how small or large the action is. It could be as simple as checking in on a friend with a quick phone call, or as extravagant as ordering a bouquet of roses for your partner.
Just try to put a smile on someone’s face, the world needs more of that:)
You May Also Like These Articles: