Looking for some of the best life sucks quotes that will motivate you to keep going when life hits you? Well, then you’re in the right place.
It’s not a revelation to say that life is full of suffering and hardship because we all know this is true from first-hand experience.
At some point in the future, you’re guaranteed to lose someone that you love. At some point in the future, you’re bound to go through something that tests every part of your character.
There’s a bad day, week, month, and maybe even year coming for all of us. Yet, the beauty of life is that you’re in total control of how you respond to adversity.
You can let it deter you from getting the life you want, or you can use it as an opportunity to show the world what you’re made of.
So without further ado, let’s hear from some people who have overcome life’s cruel nature and found meaning in spite of it.
Motivational Life Sucks Quotes
Let’s kick things off with some motivational life sucks quotes that will push you to keep grinding even when life is beating you down.
- “If you think your life sucks, it probably does. Do something about it.” ~ Chris Crutcher
- “We bemoan our disabilities as cruel curses that have unfairly beset us, which blocks their greater ability to bless us.” ~ Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “The happiest people in the world don’t bother about whether life is unfair. They just concentrate on what they have.” ~ Andrew Matthews
- “When life puts you in touchy situations, don’t say “Why Me?” Just say “Try me.” ~ Dwayne Johnson
- “You can’t keep getting mad at people for sucking the life out of you if you keep giving them the straw.” ~ Unknown
- “Mastery is not measured by the number of terrible things you eliminate from your life, but by the number of times you eliminate calling them terrible.” ~ Neale Donald Walsch
- “Don’t put your life on hold so that you can dwell on the unfairness of past hurts.” ~ Nick Vujicic
- “Whenever life sucks, remember you’re going to die someday.” ~ Oscar Wilde
- “Life is a crap sandwich. But if you‘ve got enough bread, you don‘t taste it.” ~ Jonathan Winters
- “As much as life can suck, it always beats the alternative.“ ~ John Green
- “Life sucks, but you have the option to sit there and cry about it or you can simply move on and become stronger.” ~ Leah Iacono
- “Life is amazing, even when it sucks, and we should be grateful for every moment.” ~ Hal Elrod
- “Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways.” ~ Stephen Vincent Benet
- “You have to live through the worst parts of your life so that you never take the best parts for granted.”
- “Look for something positive in every day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.”
Life Sucks Quotes About The Unfairness Of Life
Unfortunately, we all have to accept the fact that life is unfair. It’s human nature to feel like the world is conspiring against you when your life feels harder than that of most people.
Here’s the cold hard truth though — no one cares. Everyone is too busy dealing with their own battles to spend time and energy feeling sorry for you.
So the quicker you can stop focusing on your bad luck and start focusing on the daily actions that will improve your life, the happier you’ll be.
With that said, let’s dive into some more life sucks quotes that get real about the unfairness of life.
- “The world is an inherently unfair place.” ~ Haruki Marakami
- “Life isn’t that unfair, it’s unfair to everyone, that’s what makes life so fair, unexpected, and beautiful.” ~ Alexa Glazer
- “Life isn’t fair. It never will be. Quit trying to make it fair. You don’t need it to be fair. Go make life unfair to your advantage.” ~ Robert Kiyosaki
- “So I came to the realization. Nothing in life is unfair. It’s just life.” ~ Rob Lowe
- “Life is unfair but remember sometimes it is unfair in your favor.” ~ Peter Ustinov
- “The only thing that makes life unfair is the delusion that it should be fair.” ~ Steve Maraboli
- “It is the fairness of life that makes it seem unfair.” ~ Gugu Mona
- “Life is unfair to everyone in different aspects. Just remember that when you complain, there are millions of people struggling to be you or what you are.” ~ Nitya Prakash
- “Who ever said that the world was fair?” ~ Cassandra, City of Bones
- “Sometimes, life is unfair, and you have to suck it up and move on and not use it as an excuse.” ~ Robert Kraft
- “Bad things happen to good people all the time. It’s not fair but then much of life isn’t fair. It’s how you live that matters. It’s how you deal with the bumps in the road.” ~ Maya Banks
- “Life will break every one of your contracts & still look at you with that innocent glimmer in her eye and ask you to marry her.” ~ Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them, that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” ~ Lao Tzu
- “If you are expecting life to be fair with you because you are fair, you’re fooling yourself. That’s like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn’t eat him.” ~ Unknown
Sometimes Life Stinks Quotes
Let’s wrap up this list of life sucks quotes with some more quotes for when life just flat out stinks.
- “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.” ~ Unknown
- “It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.” ~ Chuck Palahniuk
- “Sometimes life just sucks, and all we can do is go to our happy place where we plot our revenge.” ~ Antsy McClain
- “Sometimes it takes a good fall to know where you really stand.” ~ Hayley Williams
- “Not everything happens for a reason. Sometimes life just sucks.” ~ Alexa Chang
- “I believe pain is nature’s way of saying, you’re still alive, and life sucks.” ~ Bill Engvall
- “The truth is that life sucks more often than not, you just need to learn how to deal with it.” ~ Unknown
- “Sometimes life has a cruel sense of humor, giving you the thing you always wanted at the worst possible time.” ~ Lisa Kleypas
- “Many people say “my life stinks.” Well, your life will stink if you spend today thinking about tomorrow instead of taking action.” ~ Joyce Meyer
- “Life stinks, but that doesn’t mean you don’t enjoy it.” ~ Dustin Hoffman
- “All life stinks and you must embrace that with self-compassion.” ~ Joseph Campbell
- “Sometimes in life, your situation will keep repeating itself until you learn your lesson.” ~ Unknown
- “A bad attitude is like a dirty diaper, life stinks until it’s changed.” ~ Orrin Woodard
Final Thoughts On These Life Sucks Quotes
Hopefully these life sucks quotes have hammered home the lesson that your life won’t always be sunshine and rainbows.
In fact, if you want to live a one percent life, your life will actually suck far more than the average person for a while.
Living a successful, happy life requires sacrifice. You have to embrace the pain of self-discipline. You have to force yourself to do the things that you’re afraid of. You’ll have to endure failure on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
But here’s the cool part about life — the people who “embrace the suck” are the ones who end up living lives that most people can only dream of.
You May Also Like These Articles: