In this article, we’re diving into some of the best Les Brown quotes that will inspire you to stay hungry and chase your dreams!
Les Brown is one of the most well-known motivational speakers in the world. His powerful speeches have racked up millions of views online, inspiring people to chase their dreams and live life to the fullest.
However, what you might not know about Les Brown is that he was born in a poverty-stricken area of Miami, Florida. You might also be shocked to learn that growing up, he was labeled as “educable mentally retarded” in school.
Yet despite these challenges, Brown has risen to become one of the most sought-after motivational speakers in the world.
So without further ado, let’s dive into some of his most powerful quotes that will help you overcome your own demons and reach greatness.
Motivational Les Brown Quotes
- “If you do what is easy, life will be hard. If you do what is hard, life will be easy.” ~ Les Brown
- “Don’t become the kind of person that allows other people’s opinions of you to shape your destiny. Act on your dreams.” ~ Les Brown
- “The only limits to the possibilities in your life tomorrow are the “buts” you use today.” ~ Les Brown
- “Life is a fight for territory. And once you stop fighting for what you want, what you don’t want will automatically take over.” ~ Les Brown
- “You have to know what is right for you and go after it regardless of what others say.” ~ Les Brown
- “There are winners, there are losers, and there are people who have not discovered how to win. And all they need is a plan of action to make it happen.” ~ Les Brown
- “Every day, we can either choose to be a victim or we can choose to live life victoriously.” ~ Les Brown
- “If you do not develop the hunger and courage to pursue your goal, you will lose your nerve and you will give up on your dream.” ~ Les Brown
- “You are greater than your circumstances. You don’t have to go through life being a victim.” ~ Les Brown
- “You will win if you simply refuse to quit. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.” ~ Les Brown
- “When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up.” ~ Les Brown
- “The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.” ~ Les Brown
- “Anytime you suffer a setback or a disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead.” ~ Les Brown
- “Most people have done all that they’re ever going to do. They earn a living, they raise a family, and then they die without ever having pursued their dreams.” ~ Les Brown
- “Changing is not easy. Picking yourself up after life has knocked you down is not easy. However, it molds you into the person you’re supposed to become.” ~ Les Brown
- “Imagine being on your deathbed…and standing around you are the ghosts of the dreams and the ideas that you never acted on. Imagine them saying “Only you could have made us a reality, and now we must die with you.” ~ Les Brown
- “Make a conscious effort to let go of fear and act from a sense of consciousness that will empower and protect you. You are stronger. You are greater than fear!” ~ Les Brown
- “If you set goals and go after them with determination, your gifts will take you to places that will amaze you.” ~ Les Brown
- “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you to where you want to go, no one else.” ~ Les Brown
- “Every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 opportunities to make a positive impact.” ~ Les Brown
- “Most people let their fear of failure outweigh their desire to succeed.” ~ Les Brown
- “When you’re willing to fail again and again, when you make up your mind to become unstoppable, to become a “no matter what” person, that will give birth to a part of yourself that you don’t know right now.” ~ Les Brown
Les Brown Quotes About Dreams
Enjoying this list of quotes so far? Then you’ll also enjoy these Eric Thomas quotes or this list of Denzel Washington quotes.
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some powerful Les Brown quotes about dreams.
- “You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream.” ~ Les Brown
- “As you start working towards your dreams, you will realize that you have greatness within you. You will realize that you are more powerful than you could ever begin to imagine.” ~ Les Brown
- “Most people stop short of their dreams and get off the highway of life because of rejection. You should be excited when you hear no, because that means you’re one step closer to a yes.” ~ Les Brown
- “If you decide to drop your buckets where you are and develop your gifts, life will take you to places that will amaze you.” ~ Les Brown
- “No one will take better care of your dream than you.” ~ Les Brown
- “I advise you to say your dream is possible and then overcome all inconveniences, ignore all the hassles and take a running leap through the hoop, even if it is in flames.” ~ Les Brown
- “If you died today, what dreams and what ideas would die with you?” ~ Les Brown
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land amongst the stars.” ~ Les Brown
- “There are many people sitting there who are biting their fingers in fear, but there are a select few people who decided that they’re going to make it regardless of what comes their way.” ~ Les Brown
- “Set a goal that’s meaningful and compelling, and your skills, your knowledge, and your effectiveness will expand in order to reach that goal.” ~ Les Brown
- “It’s necessary to know that everybody won’t see it. That everybody won’t join you, that everybody won’t have the vision. It’s necessary to know that.” ~ Les Brown
- “The limitations you have and the negative things that you internalize are given to you by the world. The things that empower you come from within.” ~ Les Brown
- “For people who are running towards their dreams, life has a special kind of meaning.” ~ Les Brown
- “I don’t know what your dream is. I don’t care how far-fetched it might appear to be. I don’t care how disappointing it’s been as you’ve been working towards this dream. But here’s what I know — the dream that you’re holding in your mind is possible.” ~ Les Brown
- “Don’t be the person who throws in the towel on your dreams; you have no idea how much greatness is still inside of you.” ~ Les Brown
- “Many of us carry baggage from the past that hinders our ability to fight for the things we want in life, our goals, our dreams.” ~ Les Brown
- “Most people fail in life not because they aim too high and miss, but because they aim too low and hit.” ~ Les Brown
- “In the process of working on your dreams, you are going to incur a lot of disappointment, failure, pain, and defeats. But in the process of doing that, you will discover some things about yourself that you don’t know right now.” ~ Les Brown
- “Sometimes we can’t say “I can do that,” but what we can say is that “it’s possible.” ~ Les Brown
Les Brown Quotes On Success
- “Wanting something is not enough, you must hunger for it.” ~ Les Brown
- “Don’t run away from the challenges of life, step towards them. They’re the pathway to success.” ~ Les Brown
- “Working on yourself and talking to yourself is so important. Overcoming the negative inner dialogue that holds you back is paramount to success.” ~ Les Brown
- “Make change a tool for your success. Let it happen, and celebrate the possibilities.” ~ Les Brown
- “It doesn’t matter what I’ve done, all that matters is what I’m doing next.” ~ Les Brown
- “Work is a four letter word that most people don’t like. They’re simply not willing to put in the work.” ~ Les Brown
- “Where there’s a will, there’s a way. When you have that kind of mindset, nothing can stop you.” ~ Les Brown
- “There’s no secret to success, there’s a system to success. But the system only works if you work it.” ~ Les Brown
- “If you feel like you deserve success, you will not live in fear. People who feel like they deserve an amazing life act on the world.” ~ Les Brown
- “In life, you will always be faced with a series of God-ordained opportunities brilliantly disguised as problems and challenges.” ~ Les Brown
- “We have way too many distractions in our lives from our phones and from all these different platforms. I don’t take a phone call unless it’s positive or purposeful.” ~ Les Brown
- “You cannot expect to achieve new goals or move beyond your present circumstances unless you change.” ~ Les Brown
- “When you make those decisions you don’t want to make and you do those things that you don’t want to do, you move closer to the person you’re meant to become.” ~ Les Brown
- “You may not accomplish every goal you set — no one does — but what really matters is having goals and going after them wholeheartedly.” ~ Les Brown
- “Your level of belief in yourself will inevitably manifest itself in whatever you do.” ~ Les Brown
- “You are the only real obstacle in your path towards a fulfilling life.” ~ Les Brown
- “Review your goals twice every day in order to be focused on achieving them.” ~ Les Brown
- “You must remain focused on your journey to greatness.” ~ Les Brown
- “Your ability to communicate is an important tool in your pursuit of your goals, whether it is to your family, your co-workers, or your clients and customers.” ~ Les Brown
- “I’m successful because I was willing to take a chance, and most people are not willing to do that. Most people that you talk to are not risk-takers. Most people have done all that they’re ever going to do.” ~ Les Brown
Inspirational Les Brown Quotes About Life
Let’s wrap up this list with some of the most motivational Les Brown about the nature of life.
And if you’re looking for further inspiration, feel free to check out these Steve Harvey quotes or this list of Inky Johnson quotes.
- “Our ability to handle life’s challenges is a measure of our strength of character.” ~ Les Brown
- “We only have so much energy that can take us so far, so make sure to network and connect with other people who can take you higher.” ~ Les Brown
- “You’ve gotta say yes to your life. Yes to your dreams. Yes to getting out of your comfort zone. Yes to overcoming your fears.” ~ Les Brown
- “It doesn’t matter how many failures you’ve made or how many mistakes you’ve endured, you can always come back stronger.” ~ Les Brown
- “Align yourself with people that you can learn from, people who want more out of life, people who are stretching and searching and seeking some higher ground in life.” ~ Les Brown
- “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” ~ Les Brown
- “One of the powerful questions you can ask yourself in life is this; what do I want to be known for when I die?” ~ Les Brown
- “Most people get comfortable in life. They stop growing, they stop working on themselves, they stop stretching, and they end up becoming very cynical about life.” ~ Les Brown
- “There are people who are always there when they need you, but when you need them…where can you find them?” ~ Les Brown
- “I will heighten my life by helping others heighten theirs.” ~ Les Brown
- “Your smile will give you a positive countenance that will make people feel comfortable around you.” ~ Les Brown
- “All of us need some area of our lives where we have a feeling of competence. Work as hard as you can to become known for something.” ~ Les Brown
- “Whatever you gotta do to reach your goals, do it. Because if you don’t, life is gonna whoop you until you surrender.” ~ Les Brown
- “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.” ~ Les Brown
- “The fact is, discipline is only punishment when imposed on you by someone else. When you discipline yourself, it’s not punishment but empowerment.” ~ Les Brown
- “If you put yourself in a position where you have to stretch outside your comfort zone, then you are forced to expand your consciousness.” ~ Les Brown
- “It’s better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one, than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.” ~ Les Brown
- “If you run around with 9 losers, pretty soon you’ll be the 10th loser.” ~ Les Brown
- “Life has no limitations, except the ones you create.” ~ Les Brown
- “Someone’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.” ~ Les Brown
- “If you don’t program yourself, life will program you.” ~ Les Brown
- “If you begin to work to develop your gifts every day, you will develop a strong sense of happiness that no one can take away from you.” ~ Les Brown
Les Brown’s life story is a testament to the power of perseverance, determination, and self-belief. His journey from a kid that no believed in to a world-renowned motivational speaker is living proof that your dreams are within reach.
As long as you’re willing to fight for what you want and impose discipline upon yourself, there are no limits to what you can accomplish.
I hope that these Les Brown quotes have reminded you of that today.
And no matter what you’re chasing, remember this — the only limits you have are the ones you impose on yourself.
Get after it today.
You May Also Like These Articles: