In the sprawling universe of animated films, the Kung Fu Panda trilogy stands as a unique blend of comedy, action, and philosophy.
The series is filled with figures that we can all relate to, especially, Po, the lovable and unlikely Dragon Warrior.
Between Po, Master Shifu, Oogway, and the Furious Five, there are plenty of life lessons waiting to be unearthed.
From Master Oogway’s quotes about destiny and the present moment, to Po’s journey from noodle-slinger to the savior of the Valley of Peace, these Kung Fu Panda quotes resonate on a deep level.
So without further ado, let’s dive into some of the best quotes from this iconic trilogy.
Kung Fu Panda Quotes About Life
- “You will never fulfill your destiny until you let go of the illusion of control.” ~ Master Oogway
- “Incredible power awaits you. Power beyond anything that you can imagine.” ~ Master Shifu
- “You will defeat him because you are the Dragon Warrior, and no one can take that away from you.” ~ Master Shifu
- “Po, you taught us who we were meant to be. A father. A friend. A family.” ~ The Five
- “There is no secret ingredient. To make something special you just have to believe it’s special.” ~ Mr. Ping
- “Fear makes you powerless.” ~ Tai Lung
- “The strongest of us sometimes have the hardest time fighting what’s on the inside.” ~ Po
- “You are too concerned with what was and what will be. There’s a saying; Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That’s why it is called the present.” ~ Master Oogway
- “Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn’t make you who you are. It is all about the rest of your story and who you choose to be.” ~ Soothsayer
- “I stayed because every time you threw a brick at my head, or said that I smelled, it hurt me. But it could never hurt more than spending every day of my life as me. I stayed because I thought that if anyone could change me, it was you.” ~ Po
- “Nothing is impossible.” ~ Master Oogway
- “I used to punch the ironwood trees by the palace to train. And now, I feel nothing.” ~ Tigress
- “This is no longer your home, and I am no longer your master.” ~ Master Shifu
- “Your mind is like this water my friend. When it becomes agitated, it is difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear.” ~ Master Oogway
- “You are a disgrace to kung fu. And if you have any respect for who we are and what we do, you will be gone by morning.” ~ Tigress
- “One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.” ~ Master Oogway
Kung Fu Panda Quotes From Master Shifu
Master Shifu serves as the stern, nurturing mentor in the Kung Fu Panda trilogy. He’s tasked with the seemingly impossible job of training Po, a clumsy and inexperienced panda, to become the legendary Dragon Warrior.
Shifu is a tough love kind of teacher who’s also incredibly wise, and he turns out to be the perfect mentor for Po.
His teachings not only shape Po, but offer lessons about discipline, patience, and self-discovery. Let’s pay homage to this wise master by covering the best Kung Fu Panda quotes from Master Shifu.
- “If you only do what you can do, then you will never be more than you are now.” ~ Master Shifu
- “If we don’t try, we will never know.” ~ Master Shifu
- “I love you too much to see what you are becoming and what I was turning you into.” ~ Master Shifu
- “When we feel fear, it is because we are unsure. And when we are unsure, we must look within.” ~ Master Shifu
- “There is always something to learn, even for a master.” ~ Master Shifu
- “Your limits only exist in your own mind. You are setting them yourself.” ~ Master Shifu
- “Oogway saw greatness in you, Po. More than you can see in yourself.” ~ Master Shifu
- “The mark of a true hero is humility.” ~ Master Shifu
- “If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now.” ~ Master Shifu
- “Remember Dragon Warrior, everything is possible when you have inner peace.” ~ Master Shifu
- “The path to victory is to find your opponent’s weakness and make him suffer for it, to take his strength and use it against him until he finally falls or quits.” ~ Master Shifu
- “I am not trying to turn you into me, I am trying to turn you into you.” ~ Master Shifu
- “Once I realized that the problem was within me, and not you, I found inner peace, and was able to harness the flow of the universe.” ~ Master Shifu
Kung Fu Panda Po Quotes
At the heart of the Kung Fu Panda trilogy is Po, the lovable and unlikely hero who rises to fulfill his destiny as the Dragon Warrior.
Far more than just comic relief, Po embodies the spirit of resilience, self-belief, and continuous learning.
As we venture into some of these quotes from Po, you’ll notice that his journey is one we can all relate to.
We’ve all tried something and sucked at it. We’ve all felt unsure of our destiny. We’ve all hit roadblocks on the path towards our goals.
His quotes often speak to the continuous struggle of becoming who we’re meant to be, which is why he’s such a beloved character.
So without further ado, here are some of the best Kung Fu Panda quotes from Po.
- “How am I supposed to beat Tai Lung? I can’t even beat you to the stairs.” ~ Po
- “The true hero is flawed.” ~ Po
- “I think I mastered chi. Well, I did have a pretty good teacher.” ~ Po
- “It is not the size of the wand that matters, it is the magic in the stick.” ~ Po
- “We’re warriors, right? We have nerves of steel, so hardcore you don’t feel anything.” ~ Po
- “I am not a big fat panda, I am THE big fat panda.” ~ Po
- “Skadoosh!” ~ Po
- “You gotta let go of that stuff from the past because it just doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is what you choose to be now.” ~ Po
- “I’ve been asking myself who I am for the longest time. Am I the son of a panda? The son of a goose? A student? A teacher? Well it turns out, I am Po.” ~ Po
- “I probably sucked more today than anyone in the history of kung fu, in the history of China, in the history of sucking.” ~ Po
- “I don’t just want to survive, I just want to live.” ~ Po
Motivational Song From Kung Fu Panda 3
In Kung Fu Panda 3, one standout moment that resonates with audiences is the motivational song “Try.”
Sung by Po to motivate and teach the villagers, the song encapsulates the spirit of resilience, self-belief, and courage.
Not only does it serve as a rallying cry for the characters in the film, but it also urges us to push beyond our limits.
Here it is:
When you don’t know who you are,
just look inside
When we move into the flow,
we are always gonna win
So feel the power
and let it in
Try, try, try, try
to be who you are
And so you will be
yourself somewhere deep inside
There is a universe waiting right there
waiting to be unlocked
The key lies in
looking into yourself
Try, try, try, try
just do what is right
Be who you are
Be yourself ’cause your power is on
When you believe in what you’ve got
You know you’re perfect
just be who you are
So they don’t see what you’re made of
But I like you and I know they’re wrong
Now it’s time To show them what you got
You’re perfect when you’re who you are.
What Can We Learn From The Kung Fu Panda Series?
Kung Fu Panda isn’t just a trilogy for kids, it’s a well-crafted narrative that packs in life lessons for all ages.
First, let’s talk about self-belief. Po starts as an underdog, clumsy and overweight. Yet, he becomes the Dragon Warrior. How? He believes in himself and works on his kung fu skills every single day.
The lesson is clear — if you believe in yourself and put in the work, you can become anyone you want to be.
Next, the power of the present. Master Oogway’s famous line, “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift,” teaches us to focus on the now.
All of life happens in the present. Yes, we all have demons from the past, but they don’t have to define our actions in the present. Oogway’s wisdom reminds us that every second we are alive is an opportunity to shape our future.
Another theme that’s common in this trilogy is destiny. Your destiny isn’t set in stone, it’s something that you shape through choices. Oogway chooses Po as the Dragon Warrior, but it’s ultimately up to Po to accept and grow into that role.
Lastly, the importance of humility. While Po eventually becomes a Kung Fu master, he remains humble and doesn’t gloat about his newfound status. He understands that no matter how skilled you are, there’s always room for growth.
In short, Kung Fu Panda teaches us to believe in ourselves, live in the moment, be resilient in the face of challenges, and practice humility.
If you can do these things and mimic the resilient spirit of Po, then you can achieve anything that you set your mind to.
You May Also Like These Articles: