Joe Rogan is one of the most well-known people in the world today, largely because of his podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience, which is the biggest podcast in the country.
Aside from his podcast success, Rogan has also been doing stand-up comedy for over 30 years. This is where garnered the reputation of a straight-shooter who was incredibly engaging and energetic on stage.
These traits are just one reason why he became the most successful podcast host of all time.
Rogan’s level of discipline also plays a huge role in his success. He works out constantly, gets up early, and has to juggle being at the top of the podcast game and also being a full-time stand up comedian.
It’s clear that he goes through life with a winner’s mindset — doing what has to be done to reach greatness no matter what stands in his way.
In today’s article, we’re going to look at some of the most profound Joe Rogan quotes on various subjects like success, fitness, and just life in general.
Joe Rogan Quotes On Success
Joe Rogan certainly fits the description of an ultra-successful individual. The recent payday he received from Spotify was further validation of this — Spotify forked over $100 million for exclusive rights to his podcast.
Rogan understands how to build something from the ground up. His podcast started as a couple dudes on the couch just talking about random stuff before it became a nine-figure meal ticket.
Here are some Joe Rogan quotes that discuss what it means to be successful.
- “I’m obsessed to extreme winners because I think there’s a madness to it. I truly believe that in order to truly be great at something you have to give into a certain amount of madness.”
- “Greatness and madness are next door neighbors and they often borrow each other’s sugar.”
- “Excellence in anything increases your potential in everything.”
- “One of the most fascinating lessons I’ve absorbed about life is that the struggle is good.”
- “The Universe rewards calculated risk and passion”
- “Once you understand what excellence is all about… you see how excellence manifests itself in any discipline.”
- “The key to happiness doesn’t lay in numbers in a bank account but in the way we make others feel and the way they make us feel.”
- “We define ourselves far too often by our past failures. That’s not you. You are this person right now. You’re the person who has learned from those failures. Build confidence and momentum with each good decision you make from here on out and choose to be inspired.”
- “There’s a never-ending ocean of techniques out there.”
- “Write down things you want to improve. Write down things you won’t tolerate from yourself. Write down things you never want to see yourself do again.”
- “100% of all haters in the world are unrealized potential.”
- “Get better at whatever you’re doing. So what if you suck at it now. Everybody sucks at everything when they start. But if you love it, and don’t lie to yourself, then get better at it.”
Joe Rogan Motivational Quotes
Many times during Rogan’s podcast, he will go off on motivational tangents that can be quite inspiring. He doesn’t claim to be a psychologist or a life coach, but his words still hold weight given all that he’s achieved.
Here’s a quick rundown of some Joe Rogan quotes that are incredibly motivational.
- “There’s only one way to get good at anything; you surround yourself with the bad motherfuckers who are doing exactly what you do and you force yourself to keep up and inspire each other.”
- “Be the hero of your own story.”
- “If you are the greatest, why would you go around talking about it?”
- “Be the hero in your own movie. Pretend that your life was a movie and it started now, what would the hero do? What would the person that you respect do? What would the person that you admire and inspires you do? Do that.”
- “You can’t measure what’s inside a man’s heart.”
- “Work for that feeling that you have accomplished something… Don’t waste your time on this earth without making a mark.”
- “I realized a long time ago that instead of being jealous you can be inspired and appreciative. It carries more energy to you. That can be an awesome and motivating force that can improve your life if you choose to be inspired and not jealous. One has no benefit whatsoever, the other is an incredible resource for creating momentum and improvement.”
- “Someone else’s success doesn’t equal a failure for you.”
- “The time you spend hating on someone robs you of your own time. You are literally hating yourself and you don’t even realize it.”
- “I truly believe that in order to truly be great at something you have to give into a certain amount of madness.”
- “It’s very important to help people figure out how to manage life, to help people figure out how to think, help inspire them, help show them what can be gained from setting goals and achieving them and that excellent feeling – and that becomes contagious.”
- “If things aren’t going the way you want them to go, then do something about it. Quit talking about your problems and go out and do something to fix them.”
- “All the time that you spend complaining, you could instead be hustling. You could be chasing your dream. You could be figuring out what you’re doing wrong and improving your life.”
Joe Rogan Quotes About Working Out
Rogan has always been very vocal about the importance of working out. You can tell just by looking at him that he takes health and fitness very seriously.
Working out is one of the most common habits of successful people. Staying disciplined in the gym often creates a ripple effect that impacts other areas of life.
Rogan has confirmed this numerous times on his podcast. He often says that he embraces the grind and struggle of the gym because it prepares him to win the day ahead.
Here are some Joe Rogan quotes that highlight the importance of working out.
- “I’ve done jiujitsu a huge chunk of my life, and I try to spend a lot of time educating people on the nuances, the subtleness of the ground game. It’s a big part of mixed martial arts.”
- “By putting yourself in that intense form of stress, it makes regular life more peaceful.”
- “There’s a confidence and a mental toughness that comes from the very highest level of competition, whatever the sport is. Whether it’s boxing or wrestling, or whatever.”
- “If you can control what you eat, you can control all other aspects of your life.”
- “The people I know that have the hardest time keeping it together emotionally are people that don’t work out.”
- “Do things that are difficult. It’s very important to struggle. You don’t get to know yourself without struggle. You don’t know who you are until you get tested.”
- “There’s a direct correlation between positive energy and positive results in the physical form.”
- “Conquer your inner bitch.”
- “As a long time practitioner of yoga and as a person who’s been involved in physical fitness my whole life, I can tell you, yoga helps you achieve altered states of consciousness. It is not just stretching.”
- “You don’t even have to have equipment. With bodyweight squats, sit-ups, chin-ups, pushups, you could give yourself a brutal bodyweight workout.”
- “I don’t believe in half-assing things. Life is short.”
- “You get so much more out of a struggle that you choose to embark in versus a struggle that life throws upon you.”
Joe Rogan Quotes About Life
To conclude this list, here are Joe Rogan quotes about life in general that are surprisingly thought-provoking.
- “Life is strange. You keep moving and keep moving. Before you know it, you look back and think, ‘What was that?’”
- “Haters are all failures. It’s 100% across the board. No one who is truly brilliant at anything is a hater.”
- “Having the privilege of sitting down and having 3 hour long uninterrupted conversations with hundreds of brilliant people is an awesome perspective enhancer.”
- “The quicker we all realise that we’ve been taught how to live life by the people that were operating on the momentum of an ignorant past the quicker we can move to a global ethic of community that doesn’t value invented borders or the monopolisation of natural resources, but rather the goal of a happier more loving humanity.”
- “To really appreciate life you got to know you’re going to die.”
- “If you attach your mind to any ideology, you’re going to be on a road, and that road may or may not lead you in a good direction. But you’re gonna stay on that road because you are attached to an ideology. It could be a terrible road, but you stick with it regardless of rational thinking.”
- “Selling your life to sit in a box and work for a machine. An uncaring machine that demands productivity that doesn’t understand you and doesn’t want to understand you… There’s no natural behaviour. Everyone is wearing clothes they don’t want to wear. Everybody is showing up and doing something they don’t want to do. They have no connection to it. That’s the problem with our society.”
- “Kindness is one of the best gifts you can bestow…We know that inherently that feels great.”
- “In all my travelings, all my life adventures; I have to say I still don’t know what life is, absolutely no clue, and it is a subject that is constantly on my mind. One thing I do know for a fact is that the nicer we are to our fellow human beings, the nicer the universe is to us.”
- “People want their 15 minutes and are willing to do anything to get it.”
- “When someone comes along and expresses him or herself as freely as they think, people flock to it. They enjoy it.”
- “Here’s the craziest thing about life, this is the thing that nobody really considers; you know as much about what life is all about as anybody who’s ever lived, ever. That’s the craziest thing about us. We’re all just kinda wandering through this going “‘You know what you’re doing?’ ‘Yes.’ ‘Oh, I do too. I know what I’m doing.’ ‘Okay. Good, then.’” But really no one has a clue.”
Whatever you think of Joe Rogan, he’s certainly living life to the fullest. He came from humble beginnings and is now rich beyond his wildest dreams.
Not to mention the fact that he’s got a pretty-kick ass job. Imagine if your job description read: Have three-hour conversations with the most important people in the world.
That’s pretty cool stuff. Rogan’s been able to build this kind of life because of his mindset and level of self-discipline.
It’s no accident that he finds himself in the position that he’s in today. I hope you found these inspirational quotes valuable and insightful!
Looking for more inspirational quotes? Check out a few of these articles for an extra dose of motivation: