In this article, we’re gonna dive into a collection of inspirational quotes for when you’re feeling down in life.
Tough times are an inevitable part of life. And while many people tend to retreat during these periods, letting life put a chokehold on their goals, these moments are actually the best opportunities for growth.
You don’t grow when you’re comfortable. The discomfort that comes with your dark days are the foundation upon which the best version of yourself is built.
So if you’re feeling down right now, I hope that the following quotes offer a spark of motivation to get you back on the path of improvement.
These words offer a gentle reminder that you are not alone in your struggles, and that you can overcome them with enough grit and perseverance.
Inspirational Quotes When You’re Feeling Down
- “Hardships often prepare people for an extraordinary destiny.” ~ C.S. Lewis
- “The pain you feel today builds the strength you need for tomorrow.” ~ Alex Hormozi
- “If you’re feeling down, recognize that this is just a temporary season. And with focused action, you can change anything you want about your life.”
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time that we fall.” ~ Confucius
- “I am a survivor not a victim.” ~ Kiyoshi Kuromiya
- “If you realize that you’re the problem, then you can change yourself, learn something and grow wiser. Don’t blame other people for your problems.” ~ Robert Kiyosaki
- “Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure. It’s built on frustration. Sometimes it’s built on catastrophe.” ~ Sumner Redstone
- “When you decide that you’re going to tend to this gap between who you are now and who you want to become, life will take a new form and shape for you.” ~ Abraham Hicks
- “Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.” ~ Chris Bradford
- “It is always possible to find a reason to be positive. Some days you just have to search a little harder.”
- “The discontent and the frustration you feel is entirely your own creation, which means you have the power to alter it.”
- “Even the worst days have an ending, and the best days have a beginning.” ~ Jennifer Coletta
- “Until you move through the thing that scares you, you’ll never know what the other side could hold. Feel scared, feel anxious, feel nervous, and then do it anyway.” ~ Boss Babe
- “Be tough in the way a blade of grass is; rooted, willing to lean, and at peace with what is around it.” ~ Natlie Goldberg
- “Fall down seven times, stand up eight.” ~ Japanese Proverb
- “Continue to put obstacles in front of yourself, because that’s where you’ll find the friction that will help you grow even stronger. Before you know it, you will stand alone.” ~ David Goggins
Quotes About Feeling Down And Alone
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some inspirational quotes for when you’re feeling down.
- “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” ~ Michael McMillan
- “The best part about life? Every morning you have a new opportunity to become a happier version of yourself.”
- “Every experience, no matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it.” ~ Buddha
- “Some lessons are better lived than learned. Pain is the greatest motivator.” ~ Kevin Gates
- “The only way to get through a swirling sea of emotions is to start rowing, regardless of the size of your boat.”
- “Do not repeat the actions that repeatedly took you to despair.”
- “No matter how bad things are right now, no matter how stuck you feel, no matter how many days you’ve spent crying and wishing things were different, no matter how hopeless and depressed you feel, I promise that you won’t feel this way forever. Keep going.” ~ Helen Wilson
- “Accept where you are, accept what you have, accept who you are, do what you can with all of that and let it be enough.” ~ Nikki Rowe
- “I use the hard times in the past to motivate me today.” ~ Dwayne Johnson
- “There’s nothing wrong with feeling down. It means you’re human and humans sometimes break. You must stay strong and know that you are never alone.”
- “Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed.” ~ Bob Riley
- “One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.” ~ Master Oogway
- “You say you’re depressed, but all I see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn’t mean you’re defective. It just means you’re human.” ~ David Mitchell
- “Don’t fall into the trap of feeling like you’re a victim, you’re not. Get over it and get on with it.” ~ Matthew McConaughey
- “During hard times, it’s important to focus on the things you can change in that moment instead of what you should have or could have done differently.” ~ Annie Thorisdottir
- “Your life comes down to your decisions. And if you change your decisions, you will change everything.” ~ Mel Robbins
- “Night is always darkest just before dawn and life is the same, the hard times will pass, everything will get better and the sun will shine brighter than ever.” ~ Ernest Hemingway
Inspirational Words For When You’re Feeling Down
- “Never be ashamed of a scar. It means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.”
- “Always be grateful. There’s people out there who are fighting to survive.” ~ Lil Peep
- “Sometimes things have to go wrong in order for them to go right.” ~ Sherrilyn Kenyon
- “If you are feeling down, just remember that you are built to handle the pressure and frustration that comes with your calling.”
- “When you switch your mindset from challenges to action, you can switch your mindset from determination to frustration.”
- “Whatever pain you’re going through, just keep going through it. You’re gonna see that light at the end of the tunnel.” ~ Rod Wave
- “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not making decisions.” ~ Katherine Hepburn
- “If you are going through hell, keep going. Why would you stop in hell?” ~ Steve Harvey
- “Focus on comebacks instead of setbacks, and you’ll turn your frustration into motivation.”
- “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” ~ Uncle Iroh
- “Frustration is a very positive sign. It means that the solution to your problem is within range, but what you’re currently doing isn’t working, and you need to change your approach in order to achieve your goals.” ~ Tony Robbins
- “Your mood shouldn’t dictate behavior. Even when you’re feeling down, you can still choose to engage in the actions that move your life forward.”
- “Hard times produce a strength inside us we never would have achieved without them.”
- “For a tree to become tall it must grow through tough roots among the rocks.” ~ Friedrich Nietzche
- “Frustration is the first step towards improvement. It’s only when I face frustration and use it to fuel my dedication that I feel myself moving forward.” ~ John Bingham
Quotes That Will Motivate You When You’re Feeling Low
Let’s wrap up this list with some inspirational quotes for when you’re feeling down and out in life. Feel free to also check out these comfort zone quotes if you’re looking for further inspiration.
- “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.” ~ Robert Tew
- “Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.” ~ Steve Maraboli
- “A violent wind does not last for a whole morning; a sudden rain does not last for a whole day.” ~ Lao Tzu
- “It’s hard to be happy when life isn’t going your way. But although you can’t change the past, you can always control what you do next.”
- “Sadness does not last forever when we walk in the direction of that which we always desired.” ~ Paulo Coelho
- “Through it all, try to smile and enjoy life through the good times and the bad.” ~ Juice WRLD
- “Think back on all the hard times you’ve gotten through already. This one will soon be a memory as well.”
- “It is okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire.”
- “Staying positive doesn’t mean you have to be happy all the time. It means that even on hard days you know that there are better ones coming.”
- “Every situation in life is temporary. So when life is good, make sure you enjoy and receive it fully. And when life is not so good, remember that it will not last forever and better days are on the way.”
- “Relationships are a circle, happiness, sadness, good times, and hard times. If you’re going through a rough patch, know that a better one is on its way.”
- “Keep grinding! Stay persistent! One day you’re gonna wake up and be exactly where you dreamed you would be.” ~ Eric Thomas
- “You can rise up from anything. You can completely recreate yourself. Nothing is permanent. You’re not stuck. You have choices. All that matters is you decide today and never look back.”
- “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters of our life won’t have a title until much later.” ~ Bob Goff
- “Change and growth can be tough. But nothing is as tough as staying stuck in the same place where you aren’t meant to be.” ~ Robert Tew
- “Life is truly known to those who suffer, lose, endure adversity, and stumble from defeat to defeat.” ~ Anais Nin
As we wrap up this list of inspirational quotes for when you’re feeling down, think about the biggest source of your unhappiness right now.
Is it your social life? Dating life? Is it your career? Is it your body? Whatever it is, do one small thing today to address it.
Because this period that you’re in right now won’t pass on its own, you’ve gotta do something to change the momentum.
And if you keep stacking up small wins every single day, eventually you’ll find yourself in a much better place.
So start now, and always that the darkness comes just before dawn.
You May Also Like These Articles: