Everything that we want in life lies on the other side of the one thing that we all tend to avoid in our day to day lives – struggle.
We organize our lives so that we get around it. We don’t get out of our comfort zonebecause of the potential pain associated with failure. We refuse to take on challenges that will improve our lives because we’re unsure of our ability to handle them.
These choices have a price. And oftentimes, the price that we don’t pay ends up being far greater than the one we would have if we simply showed some grit and perseverance.
One of the main habits of successful people is that they embrace struggle. They recognize that going through it will lead to achievement and fulfillment despite the short-term pain it brings.
If you’ve been finding yourself avoiding the struggles in life, then you’ve come to the right place. This article will contain some of the most inspirational quotes about life and struggles that you’ll find on the internet.
Hopefully, these quotes will serve as motivation to help you take some action towards the things that you’ve been avoiding.
How Do You Overcome Struggles In Life Quotes?
The negative aspect of struggle is that it makes us feel insecure in the short-term. It doesn’t feel good to realize that we’re going through some pain.
However, these instances provide a unique opportunity for us to figure out how powerful we are. Here are some quotes that will highlight the importance of overcoming and preserving through challenges.
- “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” ~ Joshua J. Marine
- “Because some people see a wall, and assume that’s the end of their journey. Others see it, and decide it’s just the beginning.” ~ Angeline Trevena
- “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami
- “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” ~ Susan Gale
- “The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.” ~ Max Lerner
- “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” ~ Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
- “There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.” ~ Malcolm X
- “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” ~ Barack Obama
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it.” ~ Helen Keller
- “Sometimes you’ve got to experience the ugly inside yourself to discover the beauty inside yourself.” ~ Dean Bokhari
- “Those who overcome great challenges will be changed, and often in unexpected ways. For our struggles enter our lives as unwelcome guests, but they bring valuable gifts. And once the pain subsides, the gifts remain. These gifts are life’s true treasures, bought at great price, but cannot be acquired any other way.” ~ Steve Goodler
- “You cannot be protected from the things that frighten you and hurt you, but if you identify with the part of your being that is responsible for transformation, then you are always the equal, or more than the equal of the things that frighten you.” ~ Jordan Peterson
- “Your strength will be found when you stop struggling with yourself, instead of thinking everyone is a struggle worth overcoming. Every obstacle in life is a lesson that teaches us, and not others.” ~ Shannon L. Adler
- “A good strategy of life is obvious: When the right path is found, it must be walked no matter how hard it is and the precious target this path is destined to must be arrived at by defeating every difficulty encountered.” ~ Mehmet Murat İldan
- “The road to overcoming your fears could lead you to unbearable places but sometimes such gives you an edge than nothing else could give.” ~ Auliq Ice
- “Rejection tells you whether you were serious about your goals or you were just screwing around.” ~ Harvey Specter
- “Not many great things have ever been done without struggling, stand up for your dream, a definite plan and burning desire can get you there.” ~ Okorote Emmanuel
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, and how you can still come out of it.” ~ Maya Angelou
Inspirational Quotes About Life And Struggles
Struggling is a part of life, there’s no way around it. If everything was sunshine and rainbows all the time we wouldn’t appreciate the times when things are going well.
Here are some deep inspirational quotes about life and struggles
- “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” ~ Lou Holtz
- “There’s nothing that cleanses the soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.” ~ Woody Hayes
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” ~ Muhammad Ali
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” ~ Michael Jordan
- “Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears us away from us all the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.” ~ Arthur Golden
- “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.” ~ Booker T. Washington
- “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “No matter what happens, no matter how far you seem to be away from where you want to be, never stop believing that you will somehow make it.” ~ Brad Gast
- “To have striven, to have made the effort, to have been true to certain ideals, this alone is worth the struggle.” ~ William Osler
- “Life has a way of broadsiding us with lessons that we need to learn but would rather avoid.” ~ Craig Groeschel
- “Winning is in all of us. We all want to win. Everyone wants the end result and to feel the sugar and the confetti. But what you have to endure to win, no one wants to talk about. And that’s what really winning is about because you spend more time enduring it and being not in a good place.” ~ Tim Grover
- “You’re going to pay a price for every bloody thing you do and everything you don’t do. You don’t get to choose not to pay a price. You get to choose which poison you’re going to take. That’s it.” ~ Jordan Peterson
- “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.” ~ Robert Tew
- “Struggle is the food from which change is made, and the best time to make the most of a struggle is when it’s right in front of your face.” ~ Danny Dreyer
- “Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Don’t struggle about the struggle. In other words, life’s full of ups and downs. So if you’re struggling, don’t worry, everyone else has or will at some point.” ~ Sean Covey
- “Even in the most difficult of times, there is always a hidden blessing that exists under all the superficial stuff that we so frequently see. There is always a rainbow waiting to burst forth after the rain.” ~ Daniella Whyte
- “The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
- “It is better to have struggled and lost than never to have struggled at all.” ~ Pete Seeger
- “You’re imperfect, and you’re wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” ~ Brene Brown
- “What we all need to do is find the wellspring that keeps us going, that gives us the strength and patience to keep up this struggle for a long time.” ~ Winona LaDuke
- “I’m not interested in passion and love for their own sake – without the struggle of life, they’re just fluff.” ~ Mira Nair
- “Believe me, the reward is not so great without the struggle.” ~ Wilma Rudolph
Inspirational Short Quotes About Life And Struggles
Next up, we’ve got more of the same – just a little more digestible. Here are some short quotes inspirational quotes about life and struggles
- “It can only break you if you let it.” ~ Unknown
- “Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.” ~ Dr. Sukhraj Dillon
- “Fall in love with the process of leveling yourself up.” ~ Unknown
- “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” ~ Kenji Miyawaza
- “You’ll never find a better sparring partner than adversity.” Golda Meir
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it.” ~ Ray Davis
- “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” ~ Seth Godin
- “There is no education like adversity.” ~ Disraeli
- “The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph.” ~ Unknown
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” Milton Berle
- “One of the most fascinating lessons I’ve absorbed about life is that the struggle is good.” ~ Joe Rogan
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” ~ Moliere
- “Take one step in the direction of your dreams and watch the Universe perform miracles to help you.” ~ Alexandra Domelle
- “Everything will be okay in the end. If it isn’t okay, it isn’t the end.” ~ Paulo Coehlo
- “Strength and growth only come through continuous effort and struggle.” ~ Napoleon Hill
- “Once all struggle is grasped, miracles are possible.” ~ Mao Zedong
- “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “Your willingness to look at your darkness is what empowers you to change.” ~ Iyanla Vanzant
- “Things will always get better with time, just wait and see.” ~ Clavel Nelson
- “Quietly endure, silently suffer, and patiently wait.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The triumph can’t be had without the struggle.” ~ Wilma Rudolph
- “If you fulfill your obligations every single day you don’t have to worry about the future.” ~ Jordan Peterson
- “Be proud of struggles in your life. They bring you closer to greatness. ~ Auliq Ice
- “Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can.” ~ Bruce Lee
- One who conquers the sea today is ready to conquer the ocean tomorrow.” ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Whatever the struggle, continue the climb. It may be only one step to the summit.” ~ Diane Westlake
- “Real difficulties can be overcome; it is the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.” ~ Theodore Newton Vail
- “Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.” ~ Bernadette Devlin
- “Don’t feel entitled to anything you didn’t sweat and struggle for.” ~ Marian Wright Edelman
- “We grow because we struggle, we learn and overcome.” ~ R. C. Allen
Inspirational Quotes About Life And Happiness
There is definitely a link between struggle and happiness. Avoiding struggle in the short-term makes us happy, but long-term it leads to a lack of purpose and fulfillment.
On the other hand, embracing struggle feels terrible in the short-term, but long-term it gives our life meaning and purpose.
See happiness and fulfillment are not necessarily the same thing. Happiness is a fleeting standard that we continually raise each time we achieve something.
Fulfillment is more permanent. It’s a general sense of well-being about the direction of our lives – which only comes by overcoming challenges.
Here are some quotes that explain the true nature of living a happy life and the struggle associated with it.
- “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” ~ Barbara De Angelis
- “Happiness is earned through battle scars.” ~ Unknown
- “The struggles along the way are only meant to shape you for your purpose.” ~ Chadwick Boseman
- “The purpose of life, as far as I can tell…is to find a mode of being that’s so meaningful that the fact that life is suffering is no longer relevant.” ~ Jordan Peterson
- “Life is essentially a cheat and its conditions are those of defeat; the redeeming things are not happiness and pleasure but the deeper satisfactions that come out of struggle.” ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Happiness is not a goal. It’s a by-product of a life well lived.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Don’t confuse fun with fulfillment, or pleasure with happiness.” ~ Michael Josephson
- “Making progress in life is the biggest sense of fulfillment.” ~ Anonymous
- “I think instead of happiness, we should be working for contentment, an inner sense of fulfillment that’s relatively independent of external circumstances.” ~ Andrew Weil
- “To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.” ~ Bertrand Rusell
- “A great obstacle to happiness is expecting too much happiness.” ~ Bernard de Fontenelle
- “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.” ~ Carl Jung
- “The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage.” ~ Carrie Jones
- “The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.” ~ Chuck Palahniuk
- “People are unhappy when they get something too easy. You have to sweat. That’s the only moral they know.” ~ Dany Laferriere
- “Happiness is the interval between periods of unhappiness.” ~ Don Marquis
- “Happiness is a journey, not a destination.” ~ Buddha
- “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” ~ Jonathan Safram Foer
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ~ Dr. Suess
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long as the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” ~ Helen Keller
- “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, in liking what one does.” ~ James M. Barrie
- “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs when you’re climbing it.” ~ Andy Rooney
- “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.” ~ Benjamin Disraeli
Final Note: Inspirational Quotes About Life And Struggles
Well, that wraps up this list of inspirational hard hitting quotes about life and struggles. I hope that some of these quotes resonated with you and helped shift your perspective on struggle.
Now these quotes won’t overcome whatever you’re dealing with for you, but they can shift your mindset towards the things you need to deal with.
I like to leave certain inspirational quotes on my lock screen and computer screen so that I’m always reminded that the struggle is necessary to achieving ambitious goals.
Try putting some of these quotes in places where you see them daily. On walls, above your bed frame or desk, in the kitchen, etc.
Simple environment shifts like this will make a small difference in your life, and a tiny one percent improvement is still an improvement.
You May Also Like These Articles: