Your mindset has a significant impact on the quality of your life. The way you perceive events and interpret experiences shapes you how you feel, which in turn influences how you act.
We all have those people in our lives that seem to blame everyone but themselves for their problems. Whenever something negative happens, they adopt the belief that they’re not enough and let these failures define their life.
This isn’t a characteristic that we admire, it’s something we despise – yet all too often it becomes our calling card as well. Developing a growth mindset is crucial to seeing life in a different way and living the life you were meant to live.
That’s why in this article we’ll be covering a list of powerful growth mindset quotes to inspire change in your life. I hope you find these quotes to be profound and insightful, and start applying the philosophies into your own life.
What Is The Growth Mindset?
What’s all the fuss about the growth mindset anyway? I’m sure you’ve heard this buzzword a million times if you’re relatively interested in personal development.
You can’t understand the growth mindset if you don’t understand the fixed mindset, so let’s take a look at both:
- Having a fixed mindset means that you believe your talents and abilities are fixed and cannot be improved
- Having a growth mindset means that you believe you have unlimited potential and can get better at anything that you set your mind to.
Adopting a growth mindset simply means that you’re accepting responsibility for your circumstances instead of letting fate dictate who you are.
It means that you take more action because you have the fundamental belief that your actions will actually create change. People with a fixed mindset don’t see the value in attempting to reinvent their life because they’re too attached to who they’ve been.
Take an honest look at your life right now and ask yourself – Am I going through life with a fixed mindset or a growth mindset?
Even if you think you have a growth mindset, your actions speak loudly. If you’re trying to improve some aspect of your life but find yourself procrastinating and not taking action, it begs the question – what underlying belief is stopping you?
It’s one thing to say that you believe something, but it’s your actions that tell the story about your deepest beliefs.
The Benefits Of The Growth Mindset
Before we get into this list of inspiring growth mindset quotes, let’s talk about the impacts of having a growth mindset on your life.
Our worldview drives our most basic thoughts and feelings. The benefit of having a growth mindset means that our worldview is positive and optimistic.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of rejecting a fixed mindset and believing you can change is that you actually take more action. After all, why would you even try to change if you don’t believe your action will create an impact?
That flawed mindset is a product of your limiting beliefs – and people with a growth mindset don’t subscribe to limiting beliefs.
Another benefit of the growth mindset is that you bounce back from failure quicker. When you see failure as a part of the journey instead of something that defines you, you’re far more likely to dust yourself off and try again.
Since you believe that you can improve and grow, you’ll likely gain lessons from your failures that can be used to create a better future.
How To Make These Quotes Useful
Quotes are quotes – they’re not going to transform your life on their own. However, that doesn’t mean they can’t have any impact on your day.
The quote, “Yesterday you said tomorrow.” is on my phone lock screen and computer lock screen.
It serves as a constant reminder that I need to take action on whatever my inner wisdom is telling me to do. Not tomorrow. Not in a few hours. Right the hell now.
Apply this list of growth mindset quotes the same way. Start placing some of these quotes in your bedroom, on your electronic devices, right above your door, etc.
It may seem insignificant, but these small one degree shifts stack the odds in your favor and make success more likely.
Best Growth Mindset Quotes For Life
Without further ado, let’s get into the ultimate list of the most inspirational growth mindset quotes that I’ve been able to come across.
To start off, here are some just some general quotes about life that convey exactly what it means to adopt the growth mindset.
- “Nothing is impossible. The world itself says ‘I’m possible’” ~ Audrey Hepburn
- “If you don’t give anything don’t expect anything. Success is not coming to you, you must come to it.” ~ Marva Collins
- “Look for the good in every situation. Seek the valuable lesson in every setback. Look for the solution to every problem. Think and talk continually about your goals.” ~ Brian Tracy
- “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” ~ Winston Churchill
- “Always do what you are afraid of doing.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “If my mind can conceive it. And my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.” ~ Muhammad Ali
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones that you did do. So sail away from the safe harbour. Explore, Dream, Discover.” ~ Mark Twain
- “Improve 1% in a day, and in just 70 days, you’re twice as good.” ~ Alan Weiss
- “Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who someone else is today.” ~ Jordan Peterson
- “You can achieve anything you want in life if you have the courage to dream it, the intelligence to make a plan, and the will to see that plan through to the end.” ~ Sidney A. Friedman
- “The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” ~ Albert Ellis
- “There is always a small step small enough from where we are to get us where we want to be. If we take that small step, there’s always another we can take, and eventually a goal thought to be too far becomes achievable.” ~ Ellen Langer
- “You have to apply yourself each day to become a little better. By becoming a little better each and every day, over a period of time, you will become a lot better.” ~ John Wooden
- “If parents were to give their children a gift, the best thing they can do is to teach their children to love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort, and keep on learning.” ~ Carol Dweck
- “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” ~ Winston Churchill
- “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” ~ Napoleon Hill
- “Grit is that ‘extra something’ that separates the most successful people from the rest. It’s the passion, perseverance, and stamina that we must channel in order to stick with our dreams until they become a reality.” ~ Travis Bradberry
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” ~ Beverly Sills
- “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.” ~ Kevin Durant
- “Look at a day when you’re supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around and do nothing; it’s a day you’ve had everything to do and you’ve done it.” ~ Margaret Thatcher
- “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” ~ Dr. Henry Link
- “Whether you think you can or you can’t; you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford
- “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle, and giving 110% all of the time.” ~ Don Zimmer
- “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.” ~ Ayn Rand
- “Find someone who has the life that you want and figure out how they got it. Read books, pick your role models wisely. Find out what they did and do it.” ~ Lana Del Rey
- “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” ~ Unknown
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The expert at anything was once a beginner.” ~ Helen Hayes
- “If you change your mindset you have the ability to change the world.” ~ Damien Thomas
- “To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.” ~ Joseph Chilton Pearce
- “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Best Growth Mindset Quotes About Experiencing Failure
If you want to achieve success you have to accept the fact that you’re going to fail way more than you succeed.
Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Yet, too often when we experience failure we let it break us.
We take it as concrete evidence that our goals are out of reach even though setbacks are actually a sign that we’re making progress. Use these quotes to rewire your mindset around failure and see it as a positive stepping stone towards growth.
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas Edison
- “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” ~ Michael Jordan
- “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.” ~ Jack Sparrow
- “If you can’t find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” ~ Frank A. Clark
- “Failure is so important. We talk about success all the time, but it is the ability to resist or use failure that often leads to greater success.” ~ J.K. Rowling
- “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” ~ Joshua J. Marine
- “If things aren’t going the way you want them to go, then do something about it. Quit talking about your problems and go out and do something to fix them.” ~ Joe Rogan
- “All things are difficult before they are easy.” ~ Thomas Fuller
- “Adversity causes some men to break, others to break records.” ~ Harvey Specter, Suits
- “There’s no elevator to success; you have to take the stairs.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” ~ Thomas Edison
- “Test scores and measures of achievement tell you where a student is, but they don’t tell you where a student could end up.” ~ Carol Dweck
- “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” ~ Charles Swindoll
- “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure.” ~ Thomas Watson
- “Things don’t go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” ~ Samuel Johnson
- “Don’t worry about failure. Worry about the chances that you miss when you don’t even try.” ~ Sherman Finesilver
- “Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.” ~ Roger Crawford
- “Success is not determined not by whether or not you face obstacles, but by your reaction to them. And if you look at these obstacles as a containing fence, they become your excuse for failure. If you look at them as a hurdle, each one strengthens you for the next.” ~ Ben Carson
- “Often it isn’t the mountains ahead that wear you out, it’s the little pebble in your shoe.” ~ Muhammad Ali
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” ~ Vince Lombardi
- “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” ~ Susan Gale
- “Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure. It’s built on frustration. Sometimes it’s built on catastrophe.” ~ Summer Redstone
- “Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive.” Andy Grove
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Every adversity, every failure, every headache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” ~ Napoleon Hill
- “It’s impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” ~ J.K. Rowling
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein
- “Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed.” ~ Robert T. Kiyosaki
- “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” ~ John F. Kennedy
- “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again. This time more intelligently.” ~ Henry Ford
Best Growth Mindset Quotes About Business
You can’t succeed in business without a growth mindset. If you’re trying to get the most out of your employees or convince your boss that you’re the right candidate for the promotion – how are you going to do that if you don’t believe in yourself?
It’s crucial to trust in your capabilities in whatever field you’re working in. Otherwise, you won’t ever rise to the level that you aspire to get to.
Here are some growth mindset quotes that are related to business and career:
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed no hope at all.” ~ Dale Carnegie
- “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” ~ Winston Churchill
- “We like to think of our champions and idols as superheroes who were born different from us. We don’t like to think of them as relatively ordinary people who made themselves extraordinary.” ~ Carol Dweck
- “Just because you haven’t found your talent yet doesn’t mean you don’t have one.” ~ Unknown
- “It’s hard to beat a person that never gives up.” ~ Babe Ruth
- “Success is not an accident, success is a choice.” ~ Stephen Curry
- “If people knew how hard I had to work to achieve my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.” ~ Michelangelo
- “No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.” ~ Voltaire
- “It’s not that I’m so smart. It’s just that I stay with problems longer.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “Take up one idea, make that one idea your life – Think of it, dream of it, live on that idea.” ~ Swami Vivekananda
- “The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it’s the same problem you had last year.” ~ John Foster Dulles
- “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at eighty or twenty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” ~ Henry Ford
- “Vision is not enough. It must be combined with a venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must also step up the stairs.” ~ Vaclac Havel
- “Unless you’re willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won’t happen.” ~ Phillip Adams
- “The worst bankrupt in the world is the man who has lost his enthusiasm. Let a man lose everything else in the world but his enthusiasm and he will come through again to success.” ~ H.W. Arnold
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ~ Nelson Mandela
- “If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” ~ T.S. Eliot
- “The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others.” ~ Hasidic Proverb
- “I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better. I think that’s the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.” ~ Elon Musk
I hope that you found these quotes eye-opening and insightful, and also that some of them find their way onto your lock screen.
Make sure to save some of these growth mindset quotes that really resonate with you and keep them somewhere where you can visually see them. Now that you have some inspiration from these great minds, let them serve as inspiration to keep vigorously pushing towards your goals.
Achieving a growth mindset means embracing failure and seeing obstacles as opportunities. Adopt this worldview and you’ll find it much easier to cultivate a positive mindset and find peace in the journey of your life.