Looking for some motivation? Good, because in this article we’re diving into some of the best Dwayne Johnson quotes that will get you fired up to win the day.
The Rock rose to popularity in the late 90’s, as his mix of impeccable strength and charisma made him one of the most popular personalities in WWE.
In addition to his success in the ring, he’s also become extremely wealthy through his work in the film industry, both as an actor and a producer.
Over the years, he’s garnered a reputation for being one of the hardest working individuals in the business. He’s an incredibly disciplined person who has ascended to superstardom after coming from nothing.
Many of his hard hitting quotes revolve around discipline, success, perseverance, and the power of hitting the gym.
So without further ado, let’s dive into some of these quotes from The Rock that will motivate you to hustle your way towards success.
Dwayne Johnson Inspirational Quotes
- “We do today what they won’t, so tomorrow we accomplish what they can’t.”
- “When you walk up to opportunity’s door, don’t knock it… Kick that b*tch in, smile and introduce yourself.”
- “Don’t let the opportunity of life go by without giving it your all.”
- When I told my dad that I was getting into the wrestling business, he told me that I was throwing my life away. But I trusted my gut and it paid off.”
- “Hold onto that fundamental quality of faith. On the other side of your pain lies something great.”
- “Change doesn’t begin when we get knocked on our ass, it begins the moment that we decide to get back up on our feet.”
- “Remember that when you’re good at something you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at it, they’ll tell you.”
- “You’re gonna get your butt kicked, you’re gonna get the sh*t kicked out of you, but you still gotta get up and keep plugging away.”
- “It’s never about how you start. It’s always about how you finish.”
- “When your back is up against the wall, there’s only one way to go.”
- “Being a true beast has no weight or gender requirement — just 100% commitment to greatness.”
- “When I moved back to my parents house, I had $7 in my pocket. That’s it. I was massively depressed, and really at rock bottom. I had to tell myself it wasn’t over and rise from that failure.
- “If you tell me that there’s something I can’t do. I’ll want to do it even more. Especially when it comes to entertaining.”
- “When I got to Hollywood, they told me that I had to act a certain way. And then one day I made a choice; I wasn’t going to conform to Hollywood, Hollywood was gonna conform to me.”
- “I always keep my hard times in front of my mind so that when I get to the big moments, I realize that I have nothing to lose.”
Dwayne Johnson Quotes On Success
When The Rock was cut from the CFL’s Calgary Stampeders in 1995, he returned home to Florida with $7 to his name.
For the next few months after, he wrestled with severe depression and anxiety while trying to figure out what his next move was. Eventually, he found the WWE, and the rest was history.
Johnson’s life highlights something we all know about success — it’s never a straight and easy path.
So without further ado, here are some Dwayne Johnson quotes that show what it really takes to achieve success.
- “If something stands between you and your success – move it. Never be denied.”
- “The road to success and greatness is always paved with consistent hard work. Outwork your competitors, be authentic, and above all else, chase your greatness.”
- “Failure has been critical to my success. You can’t get around failure if you wanna do great things.”
- “It ain’t the 99% who’s not putting in the relentless hard work that I care about. It’s the 1% who is.”
- “Don’t focus on the pain. Focus on the progress.”
- “What’s the key to success? The key is, there is no key. Be humble, hungry, and the hardest worker in any room.”
- “The wall! Your success is on the other side. Can’t jump over it or go around it. You know what to do.”
- “It’s one thing to be hungry, it’s another thing to be starving for success.”
- “Check your ego at the door. The ego can be the great success inhibitor. It can kill opportunities, and it can kill success.”
- “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.”
- “Get your a*s kicked. Get back up. And then put the gloves back on and swing away.”
- “I never want to just play in the game. I want to change the way the game is played.”
- “Try and block out all the daily noise we hear from people and things and listen to that voice in our gut that says, ‘it’s just not good enough,’ make it better.”
- “If I was gonna succeed at something, I wanted it to be in Hollywood in the movie business.”
- “One of the most important things you can accomplish is just being yourself.”
Dwayne Johnson Quotes About Life
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s more quotes by Dwayne Johnson about life.
- “No matter how successful I become, I will still operate every day as if I’m starving.”
- “Respect is never going to be given, it’s gonna have to be earned every single day.”
- “When life puts you in touchy situations, don’t say “Why Me?” Just say “Try Me.”
- “You gotta have faith that the one thing you wanted, often ends up being the best thing that never happened.”
- “I grew up where, when a door closed, a window didn’t open. The only thing I had was cracks. I’d do everything to get through those cracks – scratch, claw, bite, push, bleed.”
- “Sometimes you find success and sometimes you don’t, but my satisfaction is knowing I’ll always control my effort with my own two hands.”
- “Show respect even to people who don’t deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.”
- “Success isn’t overnight. It’s when every day you get a little bit better than the day before. It all adds up.”
- “In 1995 I had $7 in my pocket and I knew two things: I’m broke as hell and one day I won’t be.”
- “Think back to five years ago. Think of where you’re at today. Think ahead five years and what you want to accomplish. Be unstoppable.”
- “My work, my goal, my life, it’s like a treadmill. And there’s no stop-button on my treadmill. Once I get on, I just keep going.”
- “You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.”
- “I found that with depression, one of the most important things you could realize is that you’re not alone.”
- “The one thing I keep learning over and over again is that I don’t know anything. I mean, that’s my life lesson.”
- “By 23 years old, I failed at achieving the biggest dream of my life. My butt was kicked and I was down, but not out. I refused to give up, got back up and pushed on.”
- “I’ve never gone wrong trusting my gut.”
The Rock Quotes About Hard Work
- “Success at anything will always come down to this: focus and effort. And we control both.”
- “The quiet work; that’s the one degree of separation between you and everyone else.”
- “Being the hardest worker in the room isn’t just some cliche saying, it’s a lifestyle that I embody every single day.”
- “There’s nothing you can’t accomplish if you’re willing to use the two hands you have and get to work.”
- “Always strive to be a little better today than you were yesterday. And when you wake up tomorrow, be a little better than you were today.”
- “There’s no substitute for hard work. Always be humble and hungry.”
- “Be consistent and do the daily sh*t that you don’t wanna do. Grit it out because not many other people are willing to go the extra mile.”
- “So how do you make it? How do you beat the odds? You gotta be the hardest worker in the room.”
- “There’s no substitute for hard work and getting out there and busting your butt at whatever it is. Nothing comes easy. You can overcome so much just through hard, focused work.”
- “Outwork all competition, be grateful for the grind. Don’t run from your demons and if it ever becomes personal, then payback’s a bitch.”
- “Every day, I work as if my back is against the wall. Every day, my back is up against that wall.”
- “Up at 3:45 am, cardio by 4:45 am, pumping iron by 6:15 am, in my pickup by 7:15 am, and heading to work ready to shoot and make things happen.”
- “I wake up at 4 am every single day and ground my thought process in “No one will outwork me.”
- “It’s always about the quiet work that you put in with your own two hands when nobody is watching you.”
Dwayne Johnson Quotes On Working Out
One of the things that The Rock is well-known for is his extreme commitment to physical fitness. His fitness regimen is hellacious, as it consists of working out 3-4 hours per day, six times per week.
Oftentimes, the discipline that comes from the gym spills over into aspects of life, and Johnson is living proof of this.
So with that said, here’s some powerful Dwayne Johnson quotes about the importance of training your body and mind.
- “The men I idolized built their bodies and became somebody — like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger — and I thought ‘That can be me’ So I started working out.”
- “Training for me is a metaphor for life, period. The dedication, the determination, the desire, the work ethic, the great successes and the great failures — I take that into life.”
- “Everyone has to find their anchor in life. For me, that spiritual anchor is the gym. It allows me to block out the noise and clear my head.”
- “It’s not about the car you drive. It’s about the size of your arm hanging out of the window.”
- “If you cheat when training, you only cheat yourself.”
- “I work out twice before everyone wakes up. When I’m shooting a movie, I probably average about five hours of sleep.”
- “Blood, sweat, and respect. First two you give. Last one you earn.”
- “Nutrition is so important. It can’t be stressed enough.”
- “He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.”
I hope that you enjoyed this list of motivational Dwayne Johnson quotes!
“The Rock” has shown extreme perseverance and discipline throughout his life, so it’s no surprise why he is where he is today.
His inspirational life story highlights that anything is possible if you can overcome the inner b*tch that pulls so many people into mediocrity.
So as you wrestle with your own inner b*tch today, use these words to propel you towards action in spite of your feelings.
And if you enjoyed this of The Rock quotes, feel free to check out the articles below.
You May Also Like These Articles: