Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is one of the most successful, hard-working individuals alive.
He rose to popularity in the late 90’s, as his mix of impeccable strength and undeniable charisma made him one of the most popular personalities in WWE.
However, over the last decade, he’s acquired a majority of his wealth and status in the film industry, both as an actor and a producer.
He also happens to be an incredibly motivational person. Many of his hard hitting quotes can be found in various motivational montages and Youtube videos on the internet.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best Dwayne Johnson quotes that will offer insights as to how successful people look at life and work.
What Makes Dwayne Johnson A Role Model?
Johnson’s story is one that’s true rags to riches. Many of you know about his exploits in the ring, as well as his performances on-screen, but you probably don’t know much about The Rock before he was famous.
In 1995, Dwayne Johnson was actually a pro football player for the CFL’s Calgary Stampeders. Having been passed on in the NFL draft, he decided that the CFL would act as a good starting point for his ultimate goal of playing in the NFL one day.
However, his tenure with the Stampeders was short-lived. Once Johnson received the call that he had been released, he returned home to live with his parents in Tampa with only $7 to his name.
After moving in with his parents, he struggled with severe depression for months as he tried to figure out what to do with his life.
Despite the adversity Johnson struggled through, he managed to persevere. He took up wrestling and slowly molded himself into a household name in the sport. From there, he used the name recognition from his career in the WWE to jumpstart his career as an actor/producer.
Today, Johnson’s net worth sits at over $320 million. He epitomizes what it means to work your way to the top — no rich parents, no handouts, no silver spoon, just straight hustle.
So without further ado, let’s get into the list of the best Dwayne Johnson quotes that will get you hungry to go out and put in work.
Dwayne Johnson Quotes On Success
Johnson’s story highlights something that we all know about success — it’s not a straight path.
It’s filled with adversity that forces us to figure out who we really are. You will be tested on the road to greatness, just like Johnson was.
Here’s a list of the best Dwayne Johnson quotes that highlight what it takes to conquer that path and achieve success.
- “All successes begin with self-discipline. It starts with you.”
- “If something stands between you and your success – move it. Never be denied.”
- “The road to success and greatness is always paved with consistent hard work. Outwork your competitors, be authentic, and above all else, chase your greatness.”
- “You either play the game or let the game play you.”
- “It ain’t the 99% who’s not putting in the relentless hard work that I care about. It’s the 1% who is.”
- “I have a little belief that success is never unrelenting. And if success is what we chase – then neither are we.”
- “Don’t focus on the pain. Focus on the progress.”
- “What’s the key to success? The key is, there is no key. Be humble, hungry, and the hardest worker in any room.”
- “The wall! Your success is on the other side. Can’t jump over it or go around it. You know what to do.”
- “Success at anything will always come down to this: focus and effort. And we control both.”
- “You don’t need directions, just point yourself to the top and go.”
- “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.”
- “Check your ego at the door. The ego can be the great success inhibitor. It can kill opportunities, and it can kill success.”
- “There’s no substitute for hard work. Always be humble and hungry.”
- “There’s always a calculated strategy behind this insanity.”
- “I never want to just play in the game. I want to change the way the game is played.”
- “Outwork all competition, be grateful for the grind. Don’t run from your demons and if it ever becomes personal, then payback’s a bitch.”
- “Try and block out all the daily noise we hear from people and things and listen to that voice in our gut that says, ‘it’s just not good enough,’ make it better.”
- “Don’t be afraid to be ambitious about your goals. Hard work never stops. Neither should your dreams.”
- “One of the most important things you can accomplish is just being yourself.”
Dwayne Johnson Quotes About Life
Here are some more Dwayne Johnson quotes that give you more insight into his perspective on life in general.
- “When life puts you in touchy situations, don’t say “Why Me?” Just say “Try Me.”
- “I’ll never, ever be full. I’ll always be hungry. Obviously, I’m not talking about food. Growing up I had nothing for such a long time. Someone told me a long time ago and I’ve never forgotten it, ‘Once you’ve ever been hungry, really, really hungry, then you’ll never, ever be full.’ So I’ll always be hungry in some way, driven and motivated to get what I want.”
- “I grew up where, when a door closed, a window didn’t open. The only thing I had was cracks. I’d do everything to get through those cracks – scratch, claw, bite, push, bleed. Now the opportunity is here. The door is wide open, and it’s as big as a garage.”
- “Sometimes you find success and sometimes you don’t, but my satisfaction is knowing I’ll always control my effort with my own two hands.”
- “Success isn’t overnight. It’s when every day you get a little bit better than the day before. It all adds up.”
- “In 1995 I had $7 in my pocket and I knew two things: I’m broke as hell and one day I won’t be.
- “The single most powerful thing I can be is to be myself.”
- “Think back to five years ago. Think of where you’re at today. Think ahead five years and what you want to accomplish. Be unstoppable.”
- “My work, my goal, my life, it’s like a treadmill. And there’s no stop-button on my treadmill. Once I get on, I just keep going.”
- “I like to use the hard times of the past to motivate me today.”
- “You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.”
- “Show respect even to people who don’t deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours.”
- “Let your actions do your talking for you.”
- “I found that with depression, one of the most important things you could realise is that you’re not alone.”
- “Attitude and enthusiasm play a big part in my life. I get excited about the things that inspire me. I also believe in laughing and having a good time.”
- “The one thing I keep learning over and over again is that I don’t know anything. I mean, that’s my life lesson.”
- “Life is anything but predictable.”
- “By 23 years old, I failed at achieving the biggest dream of my life. My ass was kicked and I was down, but not out. I refused to give up, got back up and pushed on.”
- “I’ve never gone wrong trusting my gut.”
- “It’s simple. Do it.”
- “Keep calm and shut your mouth.”
- “I want someone who can trust that my big hands are going to take care of them.”
- “Not only do I think being nice and kind is easy, but being kind, in my opinion, is important.”
Dwayne Johnson Motivational Quotes
Here’s some more Dwayne Johnson that I think you’ll find incredibly motivational.
- “We do today what they won’t, so tomorrow we accomplish what they can’t.”
- “When you walk up to opportunities door, don’t knock it… Kick that b*tch in, smile and introduce yourself.”
- “With drive and a bit of talent, you can move mountains.”
- “Two things happen when an athlete gets injured. Some guys say; ‘F*ck it, I’m going to wait it out 3-4 months.’ But with me and lots of other athletes, you find your eighth or ninth gear – a gear you’ve never gone to before – and say, ‘I’m going to come back.”
- “The first step to achieving your goal is to take a moment to respect your goal. Know what it means to you to achieve it.”
- “There’s no substitute for hard work and getting out there and busting your butt at whatever it is. Nothing comes easy. You can overcome so much just through hard, focused work.”
- “Change doesn’t begin when we get knocked on our ass, it begins the moment that we decide to get back up on our feet.”
- “Remember that when you’re good at something you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at it, they’ll tell you.”
- “It’s never about how you start. It’s always about how you finish.”
- “You don’t just find the willpower you need. You create it.”
- “Wake up determined. Go to bed satisfied.”
- “Being a true badass has no weight or gender requirement — just 100% commitment to greatness.”
- “If you tell me that there’s something I can’t do. I’ll want to do it even more. Especially when it comes to entertaining.”
- “I do what I love, but it doesn’t mean it will be easy.”
- “Be the type of person that when your feet touch the floor in the morning the devil says, “Aww sh**t..” they’re up”
Dwayne Johnson Quotes (Workout)
One look at Dwayne Johnson makes it clear — fitness is an important part of his life.
The Rock practically lives in the weight room. He’s frequently talked about his fitness regimen, which involves working out for 3-4 hours each day, six times a week.
Although Dwayne Johnson’s routine may be a little much for most people, it’s true that exercise is one of the most common habits of successful people.
The discipline it takes to stick with a workout routine often carries over into other aspects of life, and Dwayne Johnson is a living example of that.
Here are some of the best Dwayne Johnson quotes about the power of working out consistently.
- “The men I idolized built their bodies and became somebody — like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger — and I thought ‘That can be me’ So I started working out. The funny thing is I didn’t realize back then that I was having a defining moment.”
- “Training for me is a metaphor for life, period. The dedication, the determination, the desire, the work ethic, the great successes and the great failures — I take that into life.”
- “It’s not about the car you drive. It’s about the size of your arm hanging out of the window.”
- “If you cheat when training, you only cheat yourself.”
- “For me, training is my meditation, my yoga, hiking, biking, all rolled into one. Wake up in the morning, generally around 4 o’clock, and I’ll do my cardio on an empty stomach. Stretch, have a big breakfast, then I’ll go train.”
- “Blood, sweat, and respect. First two you give. Last one you earn.”
- “Nutrition is so important. It can’t be stressed enough.”
- “He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.”
- “Grind Hard, Shine Hard.”
I hope that you enjoyed this list of Dwayne Johnson quotes!
“The Rock” is someone with an incredible level of perseverance and discipline, so it’s no surprise that he’s become the man he is today.
His story highlights that anything is possible if you have the ability to power through your struggles in life, because it’s likely that you’ll come out stronger on the other side.
If you enjoyed this list of Dwayne Johnson quotes, feel free to check out the following articles that contain even more motivational jetfuel for your journey.