In this article, we’re diving into a powerful list of quotes about cutting people off and removing negativity from your life.
We’ve all been there. Whether it’s a friend who constantly belittles you or a partner who takes you for granted, it can be tough to let go of toxic people. Yet, it’s necessary for your personal growth to remove people that aren’t adding value to our life.
Because when you do, you make more room for positive people who can add more joy and meaning to your life. So, whether you need to leave a toxic relationship or cut off a friend that you’ve outgrown, these quotes will inspire you to take control of your life.
Let’s dive in!
Powerful Cutting People Off Quotes
- “Cutting people out of your life doesn’t mean you hate them, it simply means you respect yourself. Not everyone is meant to stay.”
- “You’re allowed to cut off anyone who is unhealthy for your inner peace.”
- “Sometimes the best way to grow is to subtract.”
- “Cutting people completely off from your life is sometimes necessary for your peace. Don’t feel guilty about it.”
- “Negative people and situations aren’t deserving of your energy. Choose yourself and your peace.”
- “It’s amazing how quickly things can turn around when you remove toxic people from your life.” ~ Robert Tew
- “If they do it often, it isn’t a mistake. It’s their behavior.” ~ Steve Maraboli
- “I no longer have the energy for meaningless friendships, forced interactions, or unnecessary conversations.” ~ Joquesse Eugenia
- “Cutting off ties with the wrong people can simply give you a clear direction for new beginning and new growth.”
- “Don’t be afraid of losing people, be afraid of losing yourself trying to please everyone else around you.”
- “Sometimes you outgrow people. Don’t try to fix or repair, just accept it and move on.” ~ Chris Sain Jr.
- “You only have so much emotional energy each day. Don’t spend it on things that don’t matter or on people who don’t value your time.”
- “When you know your own value, you only put up with other people’s nonsense for so long.” ~ Sue Fitzmaurice
- “When people assume you’ll always be there and start treating you carelessly, that’s when you need to cut them off.”
- “Sometimes you have to accept the truth and stop wasting time on the wrong people.”
- “When you say “yes” to others, make sure you aren’t saying “no” to yourself.” ~ Paulo Coelho
- “Never waste your time trying to explain yourself to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
- “Walk away from anyone who’s busy finding faults while you’re overlooking theirs.”
- “Sometimes you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care, but because they don’t.”
- “You must find the courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served.”
- “Controllers, abusers, manipulative people don’t question themselves. They don’t ask themselves if the problem is them. They always say the problem is someone else’s.” ~ Darlene Ouimet
- “Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “When you start seeing your worth, you’ll find it harder to stay around people who don’t.”
- “Let negative people live their negative lives with their negative minds.” ~ Moosa Rahat
- “Let go of negative people. They only show up to share complaints, problems, disastrous stories, fear, and judgment on others. If somebody is looking for a bin to throw all their trash into, make sure it’s not in your mind.” ~ Dalai Lama
- “Sometimes the biggest gain in productive energy will come from cleaning the cobwebs and cutting loose debris that’s impeding forward motion.” ~ David Allen
- “You begin to slowly lose yourself trying to hold on to someone that never held you to begin with.”
- “You should be completely at ease with the people in your life. It’s okay to cut off access to people you can’t trust.”
- “Sometimes we have to cut off the dead branches in our lives because that’s the only way to keep the tree alive.” ~ Nicole Williams
- “It’s okay for someone or something to be a part of your history and not the whole story of your life.”
- “You’re allowed to cut off anyone who is bad for your mental health, even if you’re related to them.”
- “Life is too short to tolerate nonsense. Cut out negativity, ignore gossip, and let go of fake people who live for drama.”
- “You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn’t care about losing you.” ~ Tablo
- “Never hold on to someone or something that doesn’t wanna stay.”
- “The less you respond to negative people, the more positive your life will become.” ~ Paulo Coehlo
- “You don’t cut off a toxic family member because you suddenly stopped caring about them. You cut them off because you finally started caring about yourself.”
- “When you cut off fake friends, you make room for your true friends.”
- “You don’t lose friends because real friends can never be lost. You lose people masquerading as friends, and you’re better for it.” ~ Mandy Hale
- “Stay away from negative people. Cut them off. They drain your energy like vampires suck out human’s blood.” ~ Riza Prasetyaningsih
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some more hard-hitting quotes about cutting people off.
- “Be ruthless in cutting out distractions. Your dreams need your energy right now.”
- “There comes a time in your life where you walk away from all the drama and the people who create it.” ~ Jose Harris
- “For your own sake, walk away from drama and complicated people. Even if it means cutting some friends out of your life.”
- “Associate yourself with people who think positively. You cannot surround yourself with negative people and expect positive outcomes.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “People inspire you or they drain you. Pick wisely.” ~ Hans F. Hansen
- “The biggest way to solve some problems is to cut people out of your life. You can always let them back in when the time is right.”
- “Family or not, sometimes it’s necessary to cut off toxic people.
Your mental health is worth it.”
- “Sometimes you must remove yourself permanently in order to create a more stable foundation for your life.”
- “As you remove toxic people from your life, you free up space and emotional energy for positive, healthy relationships.” ~ John Mark Green
- “My encouragement; delete the energy vampires from your life, clean out all the complexity, build a team around you that frees you to fly, remove anything toxic, and cherish simplicity. Because that’s where genius lives.” ~ Robin Sharma
- “It’s better to let someone walk away from you than to let them walk all over you.”
- “The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away.” ~ Alysia Harris
- “Cut off fake people for real reasons, not real people for fake reasons.”
- “To attain knowledge, add things everyday. To attain wisdom, remove things every day.” ~ Lao Tzu quote
- “It’s okay to cut off their access to you. You get to heal on your own terms.”
- “Avoid negative people. For they are the greatest destroyers of self-confidence and self-esteem. Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you.”
- “I don’t have a problem with those who don’t like me. But I do have a problem with those who pretend to.” ~ Trent Shelton
- “Don’t waste your energy on things you can’t change. Walk away from toxic people and hopeless situations.”
- “You don’t lose when you push away the wrong people. There’s some people you truly need to take out and keep out of your life.”
- “It took me way too long to realize that you shouldn’t be friends with people who never ask you how you’re doing.” ~ Steve Maraboli
- “Don’t chase people. Be yourself. Do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to you and stay.” ~ Will Smith
- “As we grow up, we realize it’s less important to have a ton of friends, and more important to have real ones.”
- “Keep people in your life who love you, motivate you, encourage you, enhance you, and make you happy. If you know people who do none of those things, then let them go.”
- “There is more to life than chasing after someone who does not want to be in yours.” ~ Biance Sparacino
- “Some people will not hear you regardless of how much, how loud, how truthful, how loving, or how profound you speak. Wish them well and let them go.” ~ Anna Grace Taylor
- “Either they like you or they don’t. Never try to convince somebody of your worth. If a person doesn’t appreciate you, they don’t deserve you.”
- “You don’t let go of a bad relationship because you stop caring about them. You let go because you start caring about yourself.” ~ Charles Orlando
- “I used to think that the worst things in life were to end up alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with the people who make you feel alone.” ~ Robin Williams
- “I have no problem with cutting people off…less nonsense for me to deal with.” ~ ASAP Rocky
- “You can’t change people, so don’t drive yourself crazy trying. Instead, just change how you deal with them.”
- “I can’t be around people who think my growth is competition.
If we can’t be happy for one another, we have nothing in common.”
- “The best weight to lose is the weight of toxic people who drag you down to their level, where nothing but misery resides.”
- “There are some people who always seem angry and continuously look for conflict. Walk away; the battle they are fighting isn’t with you, it is with themselves.”
- “Standing alone is better than standing with people who hurt you.”
- “We all have those toxic people that make our lives miserable…The day we take them out of our lives, we will all become better people; including them.” ~ Rodolfo Peon
- “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and what won’t accept.” ~ Anna Taylor
Final Thoughts On Cutting People Off Quotes
Cutting people off is one of the hardest things to do in life, but it’s also one of the most important. When we remove toxicity from our lives, we create space for positive people and start living in an environment that’s more conducive to growth.
These cutting people off quotes are a powerful reminder that you need to put yourself first.
No one will put your happiness above theirs. So as you go through life, be ruthless in protecting your energy. If someone is always projecting negativity, making excuses, and creating drama, then don’t hesitate to let them go.
Because while there’s many things that you can’t control in life, who you spend time with is 100% within your control.
You May Also Like These Articles: