In this article, we’re going to dive into a massive collection of confidence quotes that will inspire your self-belief.
Self-confidence is one of the key drivers of a happy, fulfilling life. If you don’t believe in your ability to face challenges, take risks, and stretch your comfort zone, then you’re destined for a mundane, uninteresting life.
Confidence allows you to embrace new experiences, reach new levels of growth, and realize your full potential.
And the great part about confidence is that it’s a skill. It’s not something that you need to be born with, it’s something that you can develop through your daily actions.
So without further ado, let’s dive into some quotes about confidence that will inspire you to start taking control of your life.
Best Confidence Quotes
- “When you have a lot of confidence and you feel like nobody can beat you, it’s game over for everyone else.” ~ Jason Day
- “Confidence comes from hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.” ~ Robert Staubach
- “Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause of fear.” ~ Norman Vincent Peale
- “Respect yourself enough to stand up for your beliefs and to fight for what’s right, even when everyone around you stays sitting down.”
- “Confidence comes from knowing what you’re doing. If you are prepared for something, you usually do it. If not, you usually fall flat on your face.” ~ Tom Landry
- “You won’t ever build your confidence from a perception of lack. It grows and evolves from realizing who you are and what you already have.” ~ Rasheed Ogunlaru
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Every day, we can either choose to be a victim or we can choose to live life victoriously.” ~ Les Brown
- “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger, more skilled, and more self-confident.” ~ Mark Victor Hanses
- “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started.” ~ Cicero
- “We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face. We must do that which we think we cannot do.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “We need to be confident enough to go, “Well things are going well, and I can’t take this for granted. What is it I’m doing?” ~ Matthew McConaughey
- “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.” ~ William James
- “It is confidence in our minds, bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “Be confident and bold in your choices; your future will be just as amazing as you allow it to be.”
- “People’s beliefs about their abilities have a profound effect on these abilities. Ability is not a fixed property.” ~ Albert Bandura
- “Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart.” ~ Steve Jobs
- “Take the first step with confidence, even if you’re not sure where this new path will lead.”
- “All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” ~ Mark Twain
- “Confident people don’t hide their flaws; they laugh at them, because they don’t care what you think. Those flaws work for them. They don’t have to work for you.” ~ Tim Grover
- “If you develop the absolute sense of certainty that powerful beliefs provide, then you can get yourself to accomplish virtually anything, including things that other people think are impossible.” ~ Tony Robbins
- “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.” ~ Brian Tracy
Self Confidence Quotes
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some more powerful quotes about self-confidence.
- “Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence.” ~ Vince Lombardi
- “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment.” ~ Thomas Carlyle
- “Self-confidence comes from keeping the promises that you make to yourself.” ~ Ed Mylett
- “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” ~ Michael Jordan
- “If you put a small value on yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.”
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.” ~ Mark Twain
- “Confidence is what walks into a room. Self-confidence is loving yourself.”
- “Always remember that you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~ Christopher Robin
- “Success in general is a well-balanced blend of luck, DNA, confidence, and hustle.” ~ Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Don’t follow the path. Go where there is no path and begin the trail. When you start a new trail equipped with courage, strength, and conviction, the only thing that can stop you is you!” ~ Ruby Bridges
- “Standing up for yourself and what you believe in takes confidence, courage, and a healthy dose of self-respect.”
- “Avoid negative people, for they are the greatest destroyers of self confidence and self esteem. Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you.”
- “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.” ~ Stan Smith
- “Get more confidence by doing the things that excite and frighten you.” ~ Jessica Williams
- “Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind for they are the weeds that strange confidence.” ~ Bruce Lee
Quotes About Confidence And Courage
There’s an undeniable link between happiness and confidence.
Do you force yourself to the gym or stay in your comfort zone? Do you approach that attractive stranger at the bar, or do you stay back and avoid rejection? Do you start that business, or do you keep playing things safe?
Confidence is about having the courage to choose the unknown over the predictable.
Here’s a list of confidence quotes that will motivate you to show some courage and step outside of your comfort zone.
- “Confidence is that feeling by which the mind embarks in great and honorable courses with a sure hope and trust in itself.” ~ Cicero
- “Now’s the time to get serious about living your ideals. How long can you afford to put off who you really want to be? Your nobler self cannot wait any longer.” ~ Epictetus
- “Everyday life is full of moments that are scary, uncertain, and difficult. Facing these moments and unlocking the opportunity, magic, and joy in life requires tremendous courage.” ~ Mel Robbins
- “Actions and words reflect belief with a clear confidence and self-assuredness that is not possible when belief is in doubt.” ~ Jocko Willink
- “Courage is doing what you’re afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared.” ~ Eddie Rickenbacker
- “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” ~ Golda Meir
- “Some people just need to stop thinking about everything and just do it.” ~ Mac Miller
- “We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” ~ Anais Nin
- “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” ~ Thomas Edison
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” ~ Anaïs Nin
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is continually fearing that you’ll make one.” ~ Elbert Hubbard
- “Courage is the most important of all virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “Confidence is that magic pill that makes you instantly better in everything you do.” ~ Gal Shapira
- “When you believe in yourself, you believe in possibilities.” ~ Joe Dispenza
- “When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.” ~ Joe Namath
- “Courage is like a muscle, it is strengthened by use.” ~ Ruth Gordon
- “Without the confidence to act, few will venture down a new path, no matter how clear the roadmap.” ~ W. Chan Kim
- “It’s all in your head. You have the power to make things seem hard or easy or even amusing. The choice is yours.” ~ Seneca
- “Your fears of the consequences of a bold action are way out of proportion to reality, and in fact the consequences of timidity are worse.” ~ Robert Greene
- “Courage isn’t absence of fear, it is the awareness that something else is important.” ~ Stephen Covey
- “Even in the moments when you feel directionless, you can still find the courage to take another step.” ~ Morgan Harper Nichols
- “Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.” ~ Tom Krause
Believe In Yourself Quotes
Continuing on with this list, here are some more quotes about confidence that highlight the importance of believing in yourself.
Feel free to also check out this list of motivational quotes for men or these badass women quotes if you’re looking for further inspiration.
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” ~ Dale Carnegie
- “You can achieve anything, you just need to believe in yourself a little longer.”
- “Confidence is believing in yourself. Arrogance is believing only in yourself.” ~ Daniel Pink
- “Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end up really becoming incapable of doing it.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Courage, compassion, patience. All of these require some type of bravery on our part.” ~ Amanda Gorman
- “The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” ~ Robert Downey Jr.
- “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” ~ E.E. Cummings
- “Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You gotta keep going.” ~ Chantal Sutherland
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” ~ Lao Tzu
- “Beliefs drive behaviors and self-limiting beliefs lead to self-defeating behaviors. Believe in yourself and your abilities.” ~ Gary Mack
- “Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it.” ~ Diane Sawyer
- “Your desire for what you want just has to be greater than your fear of it. That’s all.” ~ Neil Strauss
- “Risking is better than regretting.” ~ Boss Babe
- “Man often becomes what he believes himself to be.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- “Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you can imagine.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.” ~ Conor McGregor
- “The world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going.” ~ James Allen
- “What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates his fate.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
- “Believe in yourself and go for it.” ~ Emma Watson
- “Confidence believes you are able. Competence knows you are able.” ~ Lolly Daskal
- “Confidence comes from knowing you have the talent to do it and the discipline to keep going.”
- “We all have the ability to come from nothing to something.” ~ David Goggins
- “Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to the solution.” ~ David Schwartz
- “Confidence comes from being disciplined, and being disciplined puts you in charge of your own find.”
- “Do not give power to your excuses. Own your circumstances, because no one else will.” ~ Alex Hormozi
- “Self-belief is not self-centered. We can only fight effectively for others if we already believe in ourselves.” ~ Carla H. Krueger
- “Things change for the better when we take responsibility for our own thoughts, decisions and actions.” ~ Eric Thomas
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are right.” ~ Henry Ford
- “Sometimes nothing is happening and all that disaster just happens in your mind.” ~ Bad Bunny
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “Believe that you can make your way, or don’t. Either way, you’re right.” ~ Jennifer Donnelly
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” ~ Christian D. Larson
- “When you start living the life of your dreams, there will always be obstacles, doubters, and setbacks along the way. But with hard work, perseverance, and self-belief, there is no limit to what you can achieve.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
Final Thoughts On These Confidence Quotes
Hopefully, these confidence quotes have reminded you of the boundless potential that lies within you.
As you go about working on your self-confidence, remember this — the actions of confidence come first, the feelings of confidence come later.
You can’t just think your way to confidence. Your mind will only take you so far. You’ve gotta build your confidence every day through repetition, just as if it were any other skill.
Write down the things you’re afraid of and face them. Put yourself in uncomfortable situations. Keep the promises that you make to yourself.
By doing these things repeatedly, you’ll foster the unshakeable confidence that will lead you towards the life you deserve.
You May Also Like These Articles: