In this article, we’re going to cover the best champion quotes from some of the most legendary winners of all time.
While there’s nothing inherently wrong with admiring champions, it needs to be said that they’re literally no different from you.
Whether your chosen field is neuroscience, sports, sales, or marketing, you all have an inner champion inside of you waiting to be unleashed.
Every one of you is capable of rising to the top of your field. But in order to do that, you have to start thinking and acting differently.
You’ve gotta embrace early mornings and resist the snooze button. You’ve gotta repeatedly do things that you don’t feel like doing. You’ve gotta resist the distractions that most people fall victim to.
That inner champion is within you, but it’s your daily actions that will determine whether or not you unlock it.
So without further ado, let’s dive into these motivating quotes from champions that will offer insight into the mindset of high-achievers.
Champion Quotes That Will Inspire You
- “Haters are a good problem to have. Nobody hates the good ones, they hate the great ones.” ~ Kobe Bryant
- “Champions are not made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them – a desire, a dream, a vision.” ~ Muhammad Ali quote
- “Champions don’t do extraordinary things. They do ordinary things, but they do them without thinking, too fast for the other team to react. They follow the habits they’ve learned.” ~ Charles Duhigg
- “The hardest thing to do is to work when no one is watching.” ~ Ray Lewis
- “To be a champion, compete; to be a great champion, compete with the best; but to be the greatest champion, compete with yourself.” ~ Matshona Dhilwayo
- “Champions realize that defeat – and learning from it even more than from winning – is part of the path to mastery.” ~ Rasheed Ogunlaru
- “Fully commit to being a person of formidable intelligence and tenacity and a champion focused on every aspect of your own life.” ~ Germany Kent
- When I step out on that field, there’s no other man willing to give up what I’m willing to give up.” ~ Ray Lewis quote
- “We’re not on this stage because of talent or ability. We’re here because of 4 a.m. We’re here because of two a days, or five a days. We’re up here because we had a dream and let nothing stand in our way.” ~ Kobe Bryant
- “A champion is not defined by their wins, but by how they can recover when they fall.” ~ Serena Williams
- “If they can do it, I can do it. That’s the mentality you need to have. If someone else can do it, you can do it.” ~ Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- “The vision of a champion is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when nobody else is looking.” ~ Mia Hamm
- “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” ~ Vince Lombardi
- “You were not born a winner. You were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.” ~ Lou Holtz
- “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter
- “It’s not about the number of hours you practice, it’s about the number of hours your mind is present during the practice.” ~ Kobe Bryant
- “What you do when nobody is watching is what separates a champion from everybody else.”
- “The moment you feel like quitting is the time you need to keep going. Persistence fuels genius. And grit creates champions.” ~ Robin Sharma
- “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein
Short Champion Quotes
Let’s keep things rolling with some more inspirational short champion quotes from people who possess a winner’s mindset.
- “Champions never complain. They are too busy getting better.” ~ John Wooden
- “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.” ~ Carol Burnett
- “Doubting yourself is normal, letting it stop you is a choice.” ~ Mel Robbins quote
- “The greatest thing about tomorrow is that I will be better than I am today.” ~ Tiger Woods
- “Nothing is given, everything is earned.” ~ Lebron James
- “Be a game-changer. The world is already full of players.”
- “If you are going to be a champion, you must be willing to pay a greater price.” ~ Bud Wilkinson
- “Average people have great ideas, legends have great execution.”
- “Losers complain, winners train.” ~ Jose Mourinho
- “Take the feeling of hunger out of your gut, and you’re no longer a champion.” ~ Burt Lancaster
- “Everybody wants to be a beast until it’s time to do what beasts do.” ~ Eric Thomas
- “Champions are propelled by desire, not compelled by fear.” ~ Denis Waitley
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” ~ Billie Jean King
- “Practice like you’ve never won, play like you’ve never lost.” ~ Michael Jordan
- “A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.” ~ Jack Dempsey
- “A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning.” ~ Pat Riley
- “Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners.” ~ Tom Brady
- “A champion is one who is remembered. A legend is one who is never forgotten.” ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
- “To be a champion, you must act like a champion.” ~ Lou Ferrigno
- “Be very strong, be very methodical in your life if you want to be a champion.” ~ Alberto Juantorena
- “It is not over. Champions extend their limits and make things happen.” ~ Amit Ray
- “There’s a difference between thinking you are a champion and knowing that you are.” ~ Matthew McCounaughey
- “Every champion was once a challenger.” ~ Luke Campbell
- “A true champion can adapt to anything.” ~ Floyd Mayweather
Best Champion Quotes Of All-Time
Enjoying this list of quotes so far? Then you may also enjoy this list of David Goggins quotes or these focus on yourself quotes.
If you just want to keep reading, then here’s some more of the best champion quotes of all-time.
- “Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding.” ~ Jim Valvano
- “Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And the rent is due every day.” ~ JJ Watt
- “Champions behave like champions before they are champions.” ~ Bill Walsh
- “I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses.” ~ Kobe Bryant
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge.” ~ Darren Hardy
- “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” ~ Vince Lombardi
- “Winning is a habit. Watch your thoughts, they become your beliefs. Watch your beliefs, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions.” ~ Vince Lombardi
- “Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.” ~ Rocky Balboa
- “A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning.” ~ Billie Jean King
- “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone who is not a champion.” ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring, he’s merely recognized in the ring. His “becoming” happens during his daily routine.” ~ Joe Louis
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said ‘Don’t quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion” ~ Muhammad Ali
- “Believe this; everything you need to be great is already inside of you. All of your ambitions and deepest dreams are just waiting for you to let go.” ~ Tim Grover quote
- “Limitations exist only in our minds, and if you start using imagination your possibilities become limitless.” ~ Novak Djokovic
- “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months, and years they spend preparing for it.” ~ T. Allan Armstrong
- “Here’s how I’m going to beat you; I’m going to outwork you. That’s it. That’s all there is to it.” ~ Pat Summitt
- “My unmatched perspicacity coupled with sheer indefatigability makes me a feared opponent in any realm of human endeavor.” ~ Andrew Tate quote
Quotes About The Heart Of A Champion
If there’s one thing that all champions possess, it’s heart. Their commitment to battling it out despite seemingly insurmountable odds is one of the primary reasons why we admire them so much.
So without further ado, here’s a list of champion quotes that embody what it means to have the heart of a champion.
- “Champions believe in themselves when no one else does.”
- “A champion is simply someone who did not give up when they wanted to.” ~ Tom Landry
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” ~ Amelia Earhart
- “You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do every day.” ~ Jason Mraz
- “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.” ~ Pele
- “Winning means you’re willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else.” ~ Vince Lombardi
- “The heart of a champion is not a light switch that goes on and off when someone’s watching. It’s like a sun that always burns.” ~ Said Manoj
- “Champions keep going even when they are tired, frustrated, and want to give up.”
- “The true champion loses many battles before winning the war.”
- “Never underestimate the heart of a champion!” ~ Doc Rivers
- “You have to become a champion by getting quickly out of negative situations, because life will not spare you of them.” ~ Natasa Alina Culea
- “You become a champion by fighting one more round. When things are tough, you fight one more round.” ~ James J. Corbett
- “A champion isn’t made of muscle; a champion is made of heart.” ~ Liang Chow
- “If you’re determined enough, you will succeed in life. And if you don’t, you’ll have a hell of a lot of fun trying.” ~ Richard Branson
- “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” ~ Jerry Rice
- “Before it was” luck,” it was a belief. And every day with no one watching at five in the morning, by myself, I trained it. And then one day my trained ability collided with an opportunity. That’s what luck really is.” ~ Greg Plitt
- “Champions don’t show up to get everything they want; they show up to give everything they have.” ~ Alexander den Heijer
- “When my body gets tired, my mind says ‘This is where winners are made.’ When my mind gets tired, my heart says, ‘This is where Champions are made.’” ~ Baylor Barber
More Inspirational Champion Quotes
Here’s some badass quotes about champions that will inspire you to engage your inner warrior.
- “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how you do it.” ~ Lou Holtz
- “Daily practice is the price that champions pay to be called champions.” ~ Robin Sharma
- “Success isn’t overnight. It’s when every day you get a little better than the day before. It adds up.” ~ Dwayne Johnson quote
- “I have learned that champions aren’t just born; champions can be made when they embrace and commit to life-changing positive habits.” ~ Lewis Howes
- “Winning is great, sure. But if you’re really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph
- “Learn like an amateur. Train like a champion. Fight like a warrior. Triumph like a conqueror.” ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Obstacles and setbacks are inevitable. How you respond to them will determine if you have what it takes to meet challenges and become a champion.” ~ Germany Kent
- “Champions have the will and the skill, but the will must be stronger than the skill.” ~ Muhammad Ali
- “To be a champion, it’s not about winning and losing; it’s about working hard every day and thriving on challenges. It’s about embracing the pain that you’ll experience at the end of a race and not being afraid.” ~ Summer Sanders
- “What I try to do is just try to be still, and understand that things come and go. Emotions come and go. The important thing is to accept them all and embrace them all. And then you can choose to do with them what you want, instead of being controlled by emotion.” ~ Kobe Bryant
- “What does it take to be a champion? Desire, dedication, determination, concentration, and the will to win.” ~ Patty Berg
- “Dreams are free. Goals have a cost. While you can daydream for free, goals don’t come without a price. Time, effort, sacrifice, and sweat. How will you pay for your goals?” ~ Usain Bolt
- “A champion is someone who knows the price of success and willingly pays that price until they come out on top.” ~ Nathan Lee Morales
- “If you don’t want to be the best, then there’s no reason going out and trying to accomplish anything.” ~ Joe Montana
- “Commitment separates those who live their dreams from those who live their lives regretting the opportunities they have squandered.” ~ Bill Russell
- “You earn trophies at practice, you just pick them up at competitions.”
Quotes From Champions About Teamwork & Leadership
True champions know that they can’t succeed alone. They recognize the importance of leadership and empower other people to perform at their best.
So to wrap up this article, here’s a list of champion quotes about the power of teamwork.
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” ~ Michael Jordan
- “All of the talent in the world won’t take you anywhere without your teammates.”
- “I’ve never scored a goal in my life without getting a pass from someone else.” ~ Abby Wambach
- “More than winning, I believe it’s our job as coaches to develop our players into responsible leaders.” ~ Pat Summitt
- “The best don’t work for a paycheck. They work to get better; to strive for excellence; to make others better; driven by a greater purpose.” ~ Jon Gordon
- “How you inspire others to be the best versions of themselves. That is true success.” ~ Kobe Bryant
- “You were born to be a player. You were meant to be here. This moment is yours.” ~ Herb Brooks
- “If everyone likes what you’re doing, then you’re doing it wrong.” ~ Hope Solo
- “No matter how good one individual is, it takes a whole team to win a championship.” ~ Lebron James
- “One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.” ~ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
- “You don’t inspire your teammates by showing them how amazing you are, you inspire them by showing them how amazing they are.” ~ Robyn Benincasa
- “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” ~ Harry Truman
- “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” ~ African Proverb
- “Unity is strength…when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” ~ Mattie Stepanek
- “On a team, it’s not the strength of the individual players, but it is the strength of the unit and how they all function together.” ~ Bill Belichick
- “Leadership is not about being in charge. It’s about taking care of those you are in charge of.” ~ Simon Sinek
Hopefully you enjoyed this list of motivational champion quotes!
If you’re willing to go above and beyond, then there’s nothing stopping you from becoming like the people on this list.
You may not possess the genetics to be a world-class sprinter like Usain Bolt, or a legendary basketball player like Michael Jordan, but you are capable of rising to the top of whatever field you’re in.
So set your goals high, be rigorous in your self-discipline, commit to going the extra mile, and eventually you’ll be handsomely rewarded for your efforts.
Because at the end of the day, being a champion is all about what you do in the dark.
You May Also Like These Articles: