As a business owner, you’re going to experience a whirlwind of emotions throughout your journey.
Some days, you’ll feel excited and energized as you tackle your to-do list because you know the potential of what you’re building.
Other days, you’ll find yourself down the rabbit hole of negativity, contending with a loud internal voice telling you “Are you sure about all this?”
It’s completely natural to experience conflicting thoughts like these, which is why fostering self-belief is necessary if you want to build a successful business.
That’s exactly where business affirmations can be of help. In this article, we’ll discuss the benefits of affirmations and how they can help you succeed in your business endeavors.
We’ll also cover an extensive list of business affirmations that will help you stay positive and motivated as you try to build something great.
What Is a Business Affirmation?
Business affirmations are short, powerful statements that reinforce the desired identity that you’re trying to create. They’re an effective tool used by many top performers to create a confident mindset and stay hyper focused on key business outcomes.
Your brain is an incredibly complex and intelligent organ, but it’s not perfect. One of its shortcomings is that it can’t always tell the difference between what’s real and what isn’t.
Have you ever sensed your body responding to an imaginary situation as if it were real? Well, that little flaw in your brain is the reason that this happens.
Business affirmations can play off this flaw and turn it into an asset. If you talk to yourself like you’re someone who can build a successful business, you’ll start to perceive yourself as that person and act accordingly.
There’s plenty that you can’t control as a business owner. Yet, one thing you have complete control over is the way you talk to yourself.
By shifting your internal self-talk to be more encouraging and positive, you’ll make an extremely difficult pursuit just a little bit easier.
How Do You Write Affirmations For Success In Business?
Now at this point, you’re probably wondering how to write business affirmations so that they actually have a real impact on your life.
Well, here are a few do’s and don’t when it comes to writing and practicing affirmations:
- DO: Make your affirmations positive, but believable.
- DON’T: Don’t make your affirmations too outlandish. If they’re too incongruent with your self-image, your brain will catch on.
- DO: Use the affirmations in this article as a guide and make your affirmations contextually relevant to your goals.
- DON’T: Use the affirmations provided in this article word for word and expect them to have the same effect.
- DO: Expect to practice affirmations consistently for 2-3 months before seeing a noticeable impact on your mindset.
- DON’T: Expect your mindset to transform after you’ve practiced affirmations for a week.
Due to what we talked about in the previous section, I want to touch on a key point about making affirmations positive and believable.
“Wait, so you’re saying I can’t make my business affirmations too outlandish? You just said that your brain can’t distinguish between what’s real and what isn’t!”
Well, my exact words were, “your brain can’t always distinguish between what’s real and what isn’t.”
If you were to use affirmations to improve your productivity, you shouldn’t start saying things like, “I’m an unstoppable force who gets things done at will.”
If you’re a procrastinator, your brain will push back against this statement. It might come back with something like, “Uhh…weren’t you just putting off sending emails like five minutes ago?”
Boom, you’ve just counteracted the positive benefits of affirmations. So don’t get too bold with your business affirmations or else they will lose their potency.
In the productivity example mentioned above, it’d be much better to say something like, “I’m working towards becoming a more productive person every day.”
66 Business Affirmations To Help You Manifest Success
Now that you have some background about the effectiveness of business affirmations, let’s dive into the positive phrases that can help you manifest success.
Remember that most of the affirmations on here are just guidelines. My recommendation is that you pick 3-5 that resonate with you and then re-write them so they’re contextually relevant to your goals.
- I’m capable and competent enough to build a successful business.
- I will face whatever it takes to be successful.
- I didn’t come this far only to come this far.
- Every single day of hard work brings me one step closer to my business goals.
- I trust myself to create something great.
- I was born to be a business owner.
- I’m doing exactly what I’m supposed to be doing with my life.
- I’m a creative problem solver who always looks for solutions.
- I accept the possibility of failure, but I refuse to let fear of failure stop me from doing what needs to be done.
- My negative thoughts do not represent who I am.
- I accept that the fear of failure is a natural emotion for any business owner.
- I’m stronger than my thoughts.
- Whatever comes my way, I will put my best foot forward.
- I’m forging my own path.
- I choose to let go of self-doubt and trust my capabilities.
- No one will convince me to give up on my dreams.
- No external event will convince me to give up on my dreams.
- Business challenges are an opportunity for me to grow.
- I’m refining my business acumen each and every day.
- Being a business owner is turning me into a stronger person.
- I will always go the extra mile for my clients, because it’s never crowded there.
- I’m filled with energy because I’m building a business that will leave a legacy.
- I’m working on my strengths and weaknesses every single day.
- I’m remaining patient because everything will come to me at the right time.
- I have no time for distractions as I’m working towards my goals.
- Executing new ideas and pursuing new opportunities is exciting to me.
- I’m a smart and savvy business owner who knows the right time to take risks.
- I’m optimistic about the future.
- I will never give into the voice that tells me to give up on my business.
- I can turn my expertise into income.
- I choose to bet on myself and my abilities.
- My only competition is myself.
- People are looking for my help to grow their business.
- I’m thankful that I get to wake up each day and work on something I’m passionate about.
- There’s an abundance of business opportunities that lay ahead of me.
- I’m pushing my boundaries every single day.
- I welcome discomfort because it makes me a better business owner.
- I don’t need to succeed quickly, I just need to succeed eventually.
- I’m committed to my business for the long haul, I’m not a get rich quick kind of person.
- I accept the fact that great things take time, I’m in no rush.
- The work that I do today is setting the foundation for tomorrow.
- When times get tough, I get going.
- I’m unstoppable when I set my mind to something.
- I understand that I won’t always be motivated to work on my business, and that’s where I can rely on discipline.
- There’s no obstacle that I can’t handle.
- I’m allowed to take things slowly.
- Each failure brings me closer to success.
- I’m a natural born entrepreneur.
- My focus is on putting one foot in front of the other because it’s the only thing I have 100% control over.
- As a business owner, I eat problems for breakfast.
- I’m hyper focused on my daily, weekly, and monthly targets.
- I will do what needs to be done in order to be successful.
- I’m a success in progress.
- I make money by providing value to others.
- People need what I sell.
- I’m not perfect, but I am enough.
- My failures don’t define me.
- I’m driven by passion and purpose.
- I’m mentally tough enough to handle failure.
- Someday, I’ll laugh at the problems that I have now.
- My business brings great value to the marketplace.
- Every day, I’m working towards becoming an industry expert.
- I experience self-doubt just like every other business owner, but it doesn’t define who I am.
- I’m bigger than my excuses.
Final Thoughts On Business Affirmations
Well, that concludes this article about the importance of using affirmations for business success.
As you continue on your journey as a business owner, you’re going to face many obstacles. Having a strong self-concept is crucial to overcoming these obstacles and building a successful business in spite of them.
As a fellow business owner, I’m rooting for you!
You May Also Like These Articles: