In this article, we’re diving into an extensive list of be kind to yourself quotes that will speak to the power of self-love.
Unfortunately, our brains contain a bias towards negativity. From a pure survival standpoint, this inherent bias is useful, protecting us from danger and pain.
However when it comes to self-empowerment, this bias works against you. Doesn’t it feel like your mind is always beating you up, manufacturing worries, and highlighting your weaknesses?
Being kind to yourself is the only way to combat this. While you can’t erase your brain’s negativity bias, you can reduce its impact through positive self-talk and self-compassion.
You can’t control much in life, but you can control the way that you talk to yourself.
So without further ado, let’s dive into these quotes about being kind to yourself that highlight the power of cultivating a positive mindset.
Uplifting Be Kind To Yourself Quotes
- “Love yourself first. Be kind to yourself first. The rest of the world can wait a little longer.”
- “Be kind to yourself. Remember that when you abuse yourself, you will experience the anger, regret, and apathy of the bully inside you.” ~ Vironika Tugaleva
- “Give yourself the love you seek, and the universe will send people who match it.” ~ Abraham Hicks
- “Stop beating yourself up. You’re in a lifetime relationship with yourself, so treat yourself right.”
- “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “If you can’t get beyond your stresses, your problems, and your pain, you can’t create a new future where those things don’t exist.” ~ Joe Dispenza
- “Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about yourself. It’s about accepting all of yourself.” ~ Tyra Banks
- “Self-love is the root of all love. Once you learn to love yourself, you will finally be free to love all others.”
- “Treat yourself like you are someone responsible for helping.” ~ Jordan Peterson
- “Be nice to yourself. It’s hard to be happy when someone is always mean to you all the time.” ~ Christine Arylo
- “Negative self-talk costs more than even the richest person can afford. So be nice to yourself whenever possible, and know that it’s always possible.” ~ Dough Pedersen
- “Stop waiting for permission to be great. Own your power, chase your dreams, and live every day like the boss you are.” ~ Boss Babe
- “If you are always putting yourself down internally, then how do you expect to develop the level of self-love that’s necessary to reach your full potential?” ~ Lewis Howes
- “You can’t hate yourself happy. You can’t criticize yourself thin. You can’t shame yourself worthy. Real change begins with self-love and self-care.” ~ Jessica Ortner
- “Everyone makes mistakes. Be kind to yourself when it’s your turn.”
- “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” ~ Les Brown
- “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “Most people are way too hard on themselves. Self-love is not self-pity.” ~ Bill Masur
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself first to get anything done in this world.” ~ Lucille Ball
- “If you only do what you can do, then you will never be more than you are now.” ~ Master Oogway
- “Love yourself. Know your worth. Accept growth. Appreciate life. These things will help you through any situation.”
- “If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that will you compel others to respect you.” ~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- “The world is filled with people who love you. Make sure that you are one of them.”
- “Remember you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” ~ Louise L Hay
- “If you’ve been going through some trauma in your life, just know that you gotta face that trauma if you wanna be the person you’re supposed to be.” ~ Megan Thee Stallion
- “I’m better than I used to be. Better than I was yesterday. But hopefully not as good as I’ll be tomorrow.” ~ Marianne Williamson
- “Being kind to yourself in thoughts, words, and actions is as important as being kind to others.”
- “Working hard is not a waste of time, but a state of mind. Keep pushing your limits until you reach the edge. Then be kind and rewind.” ~ Ana Claudia Antunes
If you’d just prefer to keep reading, then here’s some powerful be kind to yourself quotes that will inspire self-compassion.
- “Be kind to yourself. What you may see as a flaw is what others admire as your strength.”
- “If you cannot be kind to yourself, how can you be kind to others?” ~ Osho
- “Guilt and regret kill many men before their time. Get off the ride. You are the author of the book of your life. Turn the page.” ~ Matthew McConaughey
- “Sometimes, you have to accept that the person you love just isn’t right for you. It’s a tough realization, so be kind to yourself right now.”
- “Suffering is optional. You’re gonna have some pain but that doesn’t mean you have to suffer.” ~ Jhene Aiko
- “Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out.” ~ Jenn Proske
- “You are beautiful. Be kind to yourself. Practice self-love.” ~ Doja Cat
- “Give yourself another day, another chance. You will find your courage eventually. Don’t give up on yourself just yet.”
- “You’re a lot more resilient than you give yourself credit for.” ~ Hiral Nagda
- “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love yourself, you live now.” ~ Alan Cohen
- “Give yourself a hug before bed and tell yourself that it will be okay. Touch yourself with kindness every day — you’re in this relationship for the rest of your life.” ~ Megan Crabbe
- “Your words have so much power. Every day, if you tell yourself ‘I love you,’ if you give yourself words of validation, they will slowly change the way you see yourself.” ~ Ashley Graham
- “Give yourself some credit for the days you made it when you thought you couldn’t. What is coming is better than what is gone.”
- “Perfection is static, and I am in full progress.” ~ Anais Nin
- “Life is full of do-overs. Respect yourself. Be kind to yourself. Give yourself permission to start again whenever you need to.”
- “There is nowhere that a person can find a more peaceful and trouble-free retreat than in his own mind…so constantly give yourself this retreat, and renew yourself.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
- “Discipline your mind as you do your body. Train it to think positive thoughts, and let that lead you to a positive life.”
- “It doesn’t matter that your habits are self-destructive or that your mistakes have been disastrous. You can change what happens next.” ~ Mel Robbins
- “I’ve always believed that you can think positive just as well as you can think negative.” ~ James Baldwin
- “Discipline your mind to think positively. Discipline your mind to see the good in every situation and look on the best side of every event.” ~ Roy T. Bennett
- “Although I have no idea what tomorrow may bring, I am going to think positively, be kind to myself, and hope for the best.” ~ Karen Salmansohn
- “Life is not about waiting for storms to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” ~ Vivian Greene
- “Think positive thoughts and shower yourself with kindness. Being unhappy is a waste of your precious time.”
- “Believe in yourself, just a little bit longer, and watch how your wildest dreams come true for you.”
- “Love yourself. Love the world. There is no power stronger than love.” ~ Deepak Chopra
- “Don’t let your struggle become your identity.” ~ Trent Shelton
- “Be kind to yourself and allow your body time to heal. You deserve grace right now.”
- “Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow is a fresh opportunity to make things better.”
- “Want to know how to make yourself instantly unhappy? Compare yourself to someone else.” ~ Fumio Sasaki
- “Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed, or offended. But what you’re doing when you indulge in these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let the little things upset you.” ~ Joel Osteen
- “Beliefs drive behaviors and self-limiting beliefs lead to self-defeating behaviors. Believe in yourself and your abilities.” ~ Gary Mack
- “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” ~ Michael Jordan
- “When you go to an oasis, you go there to supply yourself with the vital things you are missing, things that you need.” ~ Bad Bunny
I hope that you enjoyed this extensive list of be kind to yourself quotes!
It’s not easy to overcome your own brain. Your brain is usually going to default to negativity, and there needs to be a force to counteract it.
That force is you. That force is your actions. That force is your thoughts. That force is your burning desire to live the life you want.
Being kind to yourself is a skill that you can train, so let these quotes inspire you to start using that force to find contentment in the chaos of life.
You May Also Like These Articles: