Perhaps the greatest gift that we all have to offer in life is a legacy that inspires others to reach their full potential.
In today’s article, we’re going to celebrate some of the amazing women who have done just that!
Let’s jump right into a collection of badass women quotes from some of the most successful women that have ever lived.
Badass Women Quotes About Success
To kick off this list, here’s a collection of some badass quotes about success from women who’ve accomplished great things.
- “I am thankful for my struggle because without it, I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” ~ Alex Ellie
- “Sometimes the bravest and most important thing you can do is just show up.” ~ Brene Brown
- “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” ~ Jane Goodall
- “If you don’t see a clear path for what you want, sometimes you have to make it yourself.” ~ Mindy Kaling
- “There’s no magic pill to achievement. It’s really about hard work, choices, and persistence.” ~ Michelle Obama
- “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.” ~ Sophia Bush
- “Some women choose to follow men, and some choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” ~ Lady Gaga
- “Be that girl who wakes up with purpose and intent. Be that girl who shows up and never gives up. Be that girl who believes anything is possible and is willing to work for it.”
- “A successful woman is the one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her.”
- “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off of you.” ~ Hillary Clinton
- “Define success in your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” ~ Anne Sweeney
- “The success of every woman should be an inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very strong, extremely kind, and above all be humble.” ~ Serena Williams
- “As an ambitious woman, you have two options; surround yourself with supportive people or do it alone. Let go of anyone who doesn’t fit in with the life you’re creating.” ~ Boss Babe quote
- “I attribute my success to this; I never gave or took an excuse.” ~ Florence Nightingale
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” ~ Michelle Obama
- “Passion first, and everything else will fall into place.” ~ Holly Holm
- “Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.” ~ Charlotte Witton
- “Suffering is optional. You’re gonna have some pain but that doesn’t mean you have to suffer.” ~ Jhene Aiko
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” ~ Alice Walker
- “Don’t follow the path. Go where there is no path and begin the trail. When you start a new trail equipped with courage, strength, and conviction, the only thing that can stop you is you!” ~ Ruby Bridges quote
Short Badass Women Quotes
Let’s keep things rolling with some short badass women quotes that will inspire you to unleash your inner badass!
- “Amazing things can happen when women help other women.” ~ Kasia Gospos
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” ~ Anais Nin quote
- “Stop shrinking to fit places you’ve outgrown.” ~ Furaha Joyce
- “Beauty begins the moment that you decide to be yourself.” ~ Coco Chanel
- “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make all of them yourself.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Don’t compromise yourself. You’re all you’ve got.” ~ Janis Joplin
- “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “I don’t need to remind you of what happens to people who cross me.” ~ Beth Dutton quote
- “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” ~ Coco Chanel
- “Happiness is not out there for us to find. The reason that it’s not out there is because it is inside us.” ~ Sonja Lyubomirsky
- “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Us boss chicks have to continue to stick together and change the game.” ~ Megan Thee Stallion quote
- “A real woman avoids drama, she knows her time is precious and she’s not wasting it on unimportant things.”
- “You have the power to change your life. Just start by changing your thoughts.” ~ Mel Robbins quote
- “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” ~ Oprah Winfrey
- “Set your goals high and don’t stop until you get there.” ~ Sandra Yancey
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” ~ Amelia Earhart
- “Too many people are overanalyzing. You just have to go for it.” ~ Michelle Zatlyn
- “If you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.” ~ Erica Jong
- “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” ~ Frida Kahlo
- “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.” ~ Beyonce
- “The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.” ~ Gloria Steinem
Strong Women Quotes
Enjoying this list of badass women quotes so far?
Then you may also enjoy these list of confidence quotes for women.
If you just want to keep reading, then here’s more strong women quotes spoken by those who’ve spent their lives pushing boundaries.
- “I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be inspire me and not terrify me.” ~ Tracee Ellis Ross
- “Strong women don’t have attitudes, we have standards.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
- “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.” ~ Michelle Obama
- “Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.” ~ Margaret Thatcher
- “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” ~ Melissa Etheridge
- “Sometimes being yourself is the radical act. When you occupy space in systems that weren’t built for you, your authenticity is activism.” ~ Elaine Welteroth
- “In a world that wants women to whisper, I choose to yell.” ~ Luvvie Ajayi
- “Dear superwoman, let no one dribble you from your happiness. Let no one derail you from success. Be a smart, courageous, and determined woman.” ~ Gift Gugu Mona
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I realized that if I was able to step up and be in the spotlight, I’d be able to make everyone else around me much more powerful as well.” ~ Alaina Percival
- “There’s a moment where you have to choose whether to be silent or to stand up.” ~ Malala Yousafzai
- “You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining, you make progress by implementing ideas.” ~ Shirley Chrisholm
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear. Knowing what must be done does away with fear.” ~ Rosa Parks
- “You’re born worthy, and I think that’s a message a lot of women need to hear.” ~ Viola Davis
- “You should be angry. You must not be bitter. Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. It doesn’t do anything to the object of its displeasure. So use that anger. You write it. You paint it. You dance it. You march it. You vote it. You do everything about it. You talk it. Never stop talking it.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “It is amazing what a woman can do if only she ignores what men tell her she can’t.” ~ Carol K. Carr
- “A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.” ~ Gina Carey
- “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” ~ J.K. Rowling
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frighten us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?” ~ Marianne Williamson
- “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” ~ Madonna
- “It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it.” ~ Lillian Hellman.
Badass Female Quotes From Books
Here’s some of the best badass women quotes from supremely talented female authors!
- “Be a strong woman so that your daughter will have a role model and your son will know what to look for when he’s a man.” ~ Boss Lady Motivational Notebook
- “I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.” ~ Jane Austen
- “How wonderful is it that nobody need to wait a single moment before improving the world?” ~ Anne Frank
- “You should never let your fears prevent you from doing what you know is right.” ~ Aung San Suu Kyi
- “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” ~ Sarah Dressen
- “You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it.” ~ JoyBell C.
- “I believe great people do things before they are ready.” ~ Amy Poehler
- “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” ~ J.K. Rowling
- “What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Don’t complain.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “Don’t let anyone speak for you, and don’t rely on others to fight for you.” ~ Michelle Obama
- “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s not fair You’ve got to go out and kick it in the butt.” ~ Maya Angelou
Badass Female Movie Quotes
Over the years, there’s been so many strong women that have inspired us with their performances on screen.
Let’s dive into some of the best badass movie quotes from these admirable female protagonists/antagonists.
- “I don’t perform miracles or do the impossible. I make cold calculations about difficult situations, and I do not take on anything I know I won’t win. And I will win this.” ~ Olivia Pope, Scandal
- “Behind every great man is a woman with blood on her hands.” ~ Claire Underwood, House Of Cards
- “I have no desire to live in fear, only solitude.” ~ Rhaenyra Targaryen, House Of The Dragon
- “You must always have faith in people. And most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself.” ~ Elle Woods, Legally Blonde
- “Knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure beats the hell out of not trying.” ~ Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
- “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” ~ Virginia Woolf, The Hours
- “People are going to tell you who you are your whole life. You just got to punch back and say ‘No, this is who I am.’ You want people to look at you differently? Make them. You want to change things? You’re going to have to go out there and change them yourself.” ~ Emma Swan, Once Upon A Time
- “Everybody wants to be Beyoncé, but nobody wants to put in the work.” ~ Cookie Lyon, Empire
- “I’m fully prepared to live with the consequences of my actions. What I couldn’t live with were the consequences of my inactions.” ~ Elizabeth McCord, Madam Secretary
- “You get what you settle for.” ~ Louise Sawyer, Thelma & Louise
Final Thoughts On These Badass Women Quotes
Well that wraps up this of quotes from badass women!
If you’ve made it this far, hopefully these quotes have you feeling inspired to go out and start building the life you were meant to live.
Remember that these amazing women didn’t achieve success overnight. It took them years, sometimes even decades before they were able to manifest their greatness.
So don’t use where you’re at right now as a measuring stick against their accomplishments.
Just show up today and do everything you can to book a win. If you book enough wins over a long enough timeframe, someday it will be your name on one of these lists!
You May Also Like These Articles: