When most of us think of badass warriors, we think of Navy Seals, professional fighters, mixed martial artists, etc.
But in truth, we all have an inner warrior inside of us. It manifests itself through the quiet inner voice that pushes us towards the difficult path instead of the easy path.
What separates the modern day warrior from the average person is they heed the call to take the uncomfortable path when the moment arises.
- The choice to wake up at 5 am instead of pressing snooze
- The choice to hit the gym instead of skipping a workout.
- The choice to embrace a fearful situation instead of running from it.
If you can choose the way of the warrior in these moments, then there’s nothing stopping you from achieving your goals.
In this article, we’re going to cover an extensive list of badass warrior quotes that will motivate you to embrace the warrior mentality.
These quotes come from on-screen warriors, modern day warriors, and ancient warriors who all have some wisdom to contribute about the warrior lifestyle.
Let’s dive in!
Badass Warrior Quotes To Fire You Up
Let’s kick things off with some badass quotes about the warrior mentality that will get you fired up.
- “The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.” ~ Unknown
- “Every great warrior must learn to endure and overcome the adversities of life.” ~ Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” ~ Bruce Lee
- “The warrior knows that their imagination is not a place to escape but to create.” ~ Erwin Raphael McManus
- “The path of the warrior is lifelong, and mastery is often simply staying on the path.” ~ Richard Strozzi-Heckler
- “Cowards hide but warriors lie and wait the only difference is whether you’re motivated by fear or purpose.” ~ Neal Shusterman
- “Without a problem there is no solution. Without a mistake there is no correction. It is failure that gives possibility to progress and your adversary that allows mental and physical sharpening to arise.” ~ Tagaturo Klement
- “A warrior is not a person that carries a gun. The biggest war you ever go through is right between your own ears. It’s in your mind. We’re all going through a war in our mind, and we have to callus our minds to fight that war and to win that war.” ~ David Goggins
- “Weapons may be carried by people who are evil, dishonest, violent, or lazy. The true warrior is good, gentle, and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds.” ~ Brian Jacques
- “The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or curse.” ~ Carlos Castaneda
- “The road might be long. The journey might be challenging and full of dangers. Take a rest if you must, but never turn back. Your very next step can be your moment of triumph. Your very next battle can be your greatest victory.” ~ Unknown
- “A warrior has to believe, otherwise, he cannot activate his intent positively.” ~ Théun Mares
- “A warrior accepts the challenges of life in true humility. No matter what his destiny may be, it can never be a cause for discontent, but a living challenge which it is his privilege to surmount.” ~ Théun Mares
- “The warrior knows that peace does not come from control but from relinquishing control. Everything in life that you try to control that is outside your control will steal from you your peace. You must choose to take hold of what you can control and let go of what you cannot.” ~ Erwin Raphael McManus
- “A warrior knows that the ends do not justify the means. Because there are no ends, there are only means.” ~ Paulo Coelho
- “Remind yourself of what you’ve been able to overcome. All the times you felt like you weren’t going to make it though, you proved yourself wrong. You’re more powerful than you think.” ~ Ash Alves
- “The wolf is strong, and therefore is a warrior. The bear is mighty, and therefore is a general. The lion is invincible, and therefore is a conqueror. The owl is wise, and therefore is king.” ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
- “You are here, alive and awake and for whatever reasons you have fought your battles, it’s time to start focusing on what strengths pulled you up when the entire world had knocked you down.” ~ Nikki Rowe
- “Life has tried to break me. The wounds have not yet healed, but I am not a victim—never been and never will. My heart was born a warrior. Each day I’m fighting still. I am everything the darkness could not kill.” ~ John Mark Green
- “Warriors use their intent and will to shape their lives. All of their actions are conscious, intentional, and complete.” ~ Kerr Cuhulain
- “You cannot control your circumstances, but you can control your character. You cannot control the actions of others, but you can control the choices you make. You cannot control the outcome, but you can control the process.” ~ Erwin Raphael McManus
Badass Warrior Quotes About Being Fearless
One of the defining traits of people with a warrior-like mindset is that they are fearless.
This doesn’t mean that they don’t feel fear. It just means that they don’t let it deter them from doing what they know they need to do.
Here are some of the best badass warrior quotes about being fearless and showing courage.
- “Courage above all things is the first quality of the warrior.” ~ Karl Von Clausewitz
- “It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
- “It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.” ~ Sir Thomas Brown
- “The true warrior isn’t immune to fear. She fights in spite of it.” ~ Francesca Lia Block
- “You’re trying to escape from your difficulties, and there never is any escape from difficulties, never. They have to be faced and fought.” ~ Enid Blyton
- “Fear is an aid to the warrior. It is a small fire burning. It heats the muscles, making us stronger. Panic comes when the fire is out of control, consuming all courage and pride.” ~ David Gemmel
- “Fear doesn’t go away. The warrior and the artist live by the same code of necessity, which dictates that the battle must be fought anew every day.” ~ Steven Pressfield
- “Defeat exists but not suffering. A true warrior knows that when he loses a battle, he is improving the skill with which he wields a sword. He will be able to fight more skillfully next time.” ~ Paulo Coelho
- “It’s natural to feel fear. All great warriors are afraid. Only the stupid and the delusional are not.” ~ Rick Riordan
- “Toil and risk are the price of glory, but it is a great thing to live with courage and die leaving an everlasting fame.” ~ Alexander The Great
- “Most people would rather live in the predictability of captivity than risk the uncertainty that comes in a fight for freedom.” ~ Erwin Raphael McManus
- “The amateur believes he must first overcome his fear; then he can do his work. The professional knows that fear can never be overcome. He knows there is no such thing as a fearless warrior or a dread-free artist.” ~ Steven Pressfield
- “There has been a constant war, a war with fear. Those who have the courage to conquer it are made free and those who are conquered by it are made to suffer until they have the courage to defeat it.” ~ Alexander The Great
- “It’s easy and un-extraordinary to be frightened of life. It’s far more difficult to arm yourself with the good stuff despite all the bad and step foot into tomorrow as an everyday warrior.” ~ Jonathan Safran Foer
- “If adventurers were cowardly, no one would have crossed the nations; if sailors were fearful, no one would have crossed the oceans; if pilots were gutless, no one would have crossed the skies.” ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Courage is not having the strength to go on. It is going on when you don’t have the strength.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Short Badass Warrior Quotes
If you just wanna keep reading, then here’s some short warrior quotes!
- “He who sweats more in training bleeds less in war.” ~ Spartan Creed
- “Weakness is strong, I must be stronger.” ~ Jocko Willink
- “A warrior seeks to act rather than talk.” ~ Carlos Castaneda
- “Warriors suffer for their dreams. Cowards pay for their fears.” ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” ~ Winston Churchill
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ~ Margaret Thatcher
- “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” ~ Bruce Lee
- “The wolf on the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill.” ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
- “To be a warrior is to learn to be genuine in every single moment of your life.” ~ Chogyam Trungpa
- “It’s better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.” ~ Elizabeth Kenny
- “A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think he has finished acting.” ~ Carlos Castaneda
- “If you’re a true warrior, competition doesn’t scare you. It makes you better.” ~ Andrew Whitworth
- “He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior.” ~ Confucius
- “Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.” ~ Sun Tzu
- “The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy but where are they.” ~ Plutarch
- “Warriors don’t raise to the level of expectations, they fall to the level of their training.” ~ Archilochu
- “Protecting yourself is self-defense. Protecting others is warriorship.” ~ Bodhi Sanders
- “It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.” ~ Emiliano Zapata
- “Claim your supremacy over the challenges by battle proofing your inner warrior.” ~ Hiral Nagda
- “You will know the limit of your strength when you fight for what you are afraid to lose. If you know what to be scared of, then you fight harder. Eventually, you learn how to win.” ~ Mystqk
- “One mark of a great soldier is that a great soldier fights on his own terms or fights not at all.” ~ Sun Tzu
Spiritual Warrior Quotes
Let’s keep things rolling with some spiritual warrior quotes centered around the fighting spirit that all warriors possess.
And if you’re enjoying this article, you may also enjoy these powerful Joshua Graham quotes as well.
- “The devil whispers “You cannot withstand the storm.” The warrior responds “I am the storm.” ~ Anonymous
- “Within me, there is an animal, a warrior spirit. It is not male or female but it is made up of the collective battle cries of my ancestors. It will never back down. It will never be defeated.” ~ Nausicaa Twila
- “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” ~ Mark Twain
- “No one’s born to be a warrior, no one born an average man. We made one or the other and we try to understand, try to understand.” ~ Zac Brown Band
- “We chose whether to be warriors or to be ordinary.” ~ Carlos Castaneda
- “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. That surrender, even the smallest act of giving up, stays with me.” ~ Lance Armstrong
- “Yet while the warrior is informed by the past, they are not formed by it. The warrior is not formed by what has been done and what can’t be done; the heart of the warrior is formed by what must be done.” ~ Erwin Raphael McManus
- “A true warrior fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton
- “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “I do what I do because it is the right thing to do. I am a warrior, and it is the way of the warrior to fight superior odds.” ~ Paul Watson
- “Only as a warrior can one withstand the path of knowledge. A warrior cannot complain or regret anything. His life is an endless challenge, and challenges cannot possibly be good or bad. Challenges are simply challenges.” ~ Carlos Castaneda
- “When you become fully responsible for your life, you can become fully human; once you become human, you may discover what it means to be a warrior.” ~ Dan Millman
- “The supreme accomplishment of the warrior: to perform the commonplace under far-from-commonplace conditions.” ~ Steven Pressfield
- “A warrior must only take care that his spirit is never broken.” ~ Shissai
- “Learn like an amateur. Train like a champion. Fight like a warrior. Triumph like a conqueror.” ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
- “You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion – he is always fighting something. To do otherwise is to settle.” ~ Julien Smith
- “Hardships will push you harder to slump in deep dejection but you, the warrior will erase its intent by your tenacity.” ~ Spriha Kant
- “No matter how great the defeat is, if I am not the one winning, the war has not ended yet.” ~ Bangambiki Habyarimana
- “Nothing fires the warrior’s heart more with courage than to find himself and his comrades at the point of annihilation, at the brink of being routed and overrun, and then to dredge not merely from one’s own bowels or guts but from one’s discipline and training the presence of mind not to panic, not to yield to the possession of despair, but instead to complete those homely acts of order.” ~ Steven Pressfield
Heart Of A Warrior Quotes
Here’s some more badass warrior quotes about what it means to possess the heart of a warrior.
- “The only reason a warrior is alive is to fight, and the only reason a warrior fights is to win. Otherwise, why be a warrior? It is easier to count beads.” ~ Miyamoto Musashi
- “The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.” ~ Rocky Balboa
- “A warrior may change his metal, but not his heart.” ~ Edgar Rice Burroughs
- “You see me. What you see is what you get. You get real martial arts, you get real fighting, you get a real warrior mentality. Some people aren’t mature enough to handle it.” ~ Nick Diaz
- “The true warrior understands and seizes that moment by giving an effort so intense and so intuitive that it could only be called one from the heart.” ~ Pat Riley
- “Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.” ~ Miyamoto Musashi
- “When life is victorious, there is birth; when it is thwarted, there is death. A warrior is always engaged in a life and death struggle for peace.” ~ Morihei Ueshiba
- “There’s more to being a warrior than killing. A true warrior, the best warrior, isn’t cruel or mean. He doesn’t claw an enemy who can’t fight back. Where’s the honor in that?” ~ Erin Hunter
- “During times of persistent hardship is when the warrior learns the most about his fortitude.” ~ Bodhi Sanders
- “The warrior does not wield a weapon; they are a weapon. Their strength does not come from the weapons they hold but from the wisdom that has taken hold of them.” ~ Erwin Raphael McMaunus
- “If you are a warrior, decency means that you are not cheating anybody at all. You are not even about to cheat anybody. There is a sense of straightforwardness and simplicity.” ~ Chogyam Trungpa
- “The thing about a hero, is even when it doesn’t look like there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, he’s going to keep digging, he’s going to keep trying to do right and make up for what’s gone before, just because that’s who he is.” ~ Joss Whedon
- “He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.” ~ Sun Tzu
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ~ Dale Carnegie
- “The fiercest warriors, do not carry a sword to the battlefield; instead, they are armed with wisdom.” ~ RJ Intindola
- “Resolve to commit to your Path. Follow your purpose, go for it, heart and soul, wake up every day determined to serve the greater good. In that commitment, you will find inner peace, motivation, and strength you have never known before.” ~ J.H. Tepley
- “The warrior that has the most confidence in his abilities to fight is usually the most humble person you will ever meet.”
- “The warrior is one compelled by an inner, often insensible calling to forge an untouchable sword of discipline … seeking to prove one’s worth by pursuing adversity, and pushing against struggle, even for causes larger than one’s own.” ~ Brian S. Woods
- “There comes a time for us not to just be survivors, but to be warriors. You have your life, and the chance to make the most of it. Don’t run or hide from that challenge or let your guilt keep you from living your life. This gift is such a beautiful opportunity. Embrace it. Seize every opportunity from here on out. Live.” ~ Becca Vry
- “Warriors do not win victories by beating their heads against the walls, but by overtaking the walls. Warriors jump over walls; they don’t demolish them.” ~ Carlos Castaneda
- “The most effective way to live is as a warrior. A warrior may worry and think before making any decision, but once he makes it, he goes his way, free from worries or thoughts; there will be a million other decisions still awaiting him. That’s the warrior’s way.” ~ Carlos Castaneda
- “Whatever you are physically…male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy — all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” ~ Cassandra Clare
- “One disciplined warrior is worth more than a thousand unruly ones.” ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Be a warrior when it comes to delivering on your ambitions. And a saint when it comes to treating people with respect, modeling generosity, and showing up with outright love.” ~ Robin Sharma
Funny Warrior Quotes
Let’s wrap up this list of badass warrior quotes on a lighter note with some funny quotes about what it means to be a warrior.
- “Warriors want a worthy opponent. There is no redress in fighting the pathetic.” ~ Donna Lynn Hope
- “Cowards shrink from challenges, weaklings flee from them, but warriors wink at them.” ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
- “They tried to bury me, but didn’t realize that I was a seed.” ~ Unknown
- “God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will neverdie.” ~ Bill Watterson
- “Yeah, I call my warrior spirit the lion.” ~ Jimi Manuwa
- “Warriors confront the evil that most people refuse to acknowledge.” ~ Unknown
- “Be a warrior not a worrier.” ~ Unknown
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily.” ~ Zig Ziglar
- “Should I jump off the tallest building in the world? Should I lay on the lawn and let it run over me with lawnmowers? Should I go to Africa and let it trample me with racing elephants?” ~ Warrior
Final Thoughts On These Badass Warrior Quotes
Well that wraps up this list of badass warrior quotes!
Which quotes resonated with you the most? Did any particular saying really jump out at you?
Good, because now comes the harder part — channeling that motivation into action.
Set yourself a challenge today and try to do one thing that aligns with your inner warrior.
Maybe it’s hitting the gym for the first time in months. Maybe it’s spending 3-4 hours working on that big project you’ve been putting off.
Maybe it’s attempting a comfort zone challenge that brings about intense feelings of fear and anxiety.
As long as it’s difficult and uncomfortable, then you’re on the right track towards embracing the warrior mentality.
You May Also Like These Articles: