Looking for some badass quotes that will light a fire under you? Then you’re in the right place.
Unlocking your inner badass is a necessity if you want to get the most out of your life. Most people let this version of themselves sit dormant by playing things safe, avoiding their fears, and running from discomfort.
If you’re reading this article, I’m guessing you have that badass version of yourself that you don’t feel like you’ve tapped into yet.
And while these quotes won’t magically turn you into that person, hopefully they inspire you to start thinking of ways to embrace your inner badass on a daily basis.
So without further ado, let’s dive into this comprehensive list of badass quotes!
Best Badass Motivational Quotes
- “Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.” ~ Larry Winget
- “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” ~ Farrah Gray
- “Getting rich is hard. Being broke is hard. Pick your hard.” ~ Grant Cardone
- “Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves to the ordinary.” ~ Cecil Beaton
- “Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” ~ Lao Tzu
- “Strength is the product of struggle. You must do what others don’t to achieve what others won’t.” ~ Henry Rollins
- “The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary.” ~ Nassim Nicholas Tieb
- “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight. It’s the size of fight in the dog.” ~ Mark Twain
- “You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way.” ~ Richard Bach
- “The edge – there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” ~ Hunter S. Thompson
- “If you wanna fly you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” ~ Toni Morrison
- “Push that snooze button and you’ll end up working for someone who didn’t.” ~ Eric Thomas
- “Only those who are willing to risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” ~ T.S Elliot
- “Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.” ~ Lao Tzu
- “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” ~ George Herbert
- “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” ~ Edmund Hillary
- “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” ~ Joshua J. Marine
- “It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” ~ Mae Jemison
Short Badass Quotes
Continuing on with this list of badass quotes, here’s some more short motivational quotes that will inspire you to unleash your inner badass.
- “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.” ~ Jim Rohn
- “You create opportunities by performing, not complaining.” ~ Muriel Siebert
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me: it’s who is going to stop me.” ~ Ayn Rand
- “The best revenge is massive success.” ~ Frank Sinatra
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” ~ Dr. Robert Schuller
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
- “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” ~ Eric Thomas
- “Either I will find a way, or I will make one.” ~ Philip Sidney
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Fall seven times. Stand up eight.” ~ Ancient Japanese Proverb
- “Everyone wants to be a beast until it’s time to do what beasts do.” ~ Eric Thomas
- “Strength and growth only come through continuous effort and struggle.” ~ Napoleon Hill
- “Obsessed is just a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” ~ Russell Warren
- “If you aren’t going all the way, why go at all?” ~ Joe Namath
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” ~ George Addair
- “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” ~ André Gide
- “When something bad happens, you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you or let it strengthen you.” ~ Kay-Marie Fletcher
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” ~ Og Mandino
- “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
Badass Captions For Instagram
Let’s keep things rolling with some badass captions that you can sprinkle into your instagram feed.
- Other people’s opinions don’t pay my bills.
- Go find someone else to feed your ego. I’m busy.
- In this deck, I’m the king and you’re the joker.
- Laugh with many. Don’t trust any.
- Stop acting like you live twice.
- The sun doesn’t ask for permission to shine.
- I’d rather be someone’s shot of vodka than everyone’s cup of tea.
- I may have been born a loser but I will die a legend.
- Keep your filthy nose out of my business.
- History doesn’t talk about quitters.
- Blood type: matte black with a hint of gold.
- Keep your head high and your middle finger higher.
- Only dead fishes go with the flow.
- It’s okay if you don’t like me; not everyone has good taste.
- People say I act like I don’t give a shit. It’s not an act.
- Win in silence. Let them think you’re losing.
- Move in silence, only speak when it’s time to say checkmate.
Badass Quotes About Death
Death is coming for all of us, but that doesn’t mean we need to live in fear. It can actually be quite liberating to realize that we only have one shot at living a badass life.
Here are some badass quotes about death that highlight how important it is to treat every moment as a gift.
- “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” ~ Mark Twain
- “They say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time” ~ Banksy
- “We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will” ~ Chuck Palahniuk
- “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose” ~ Steve Jobs
- “I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
- “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” ~ Hunter S. Thompson
- “When people don’t express themselves, they die one piece at a time.” ~ Laurie Halse Anderson
- “It is not the length of life, but the depth of life.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.” ~ Lao Tzu
- “Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.” ~ Leo Buscaglia
- “Death never takes the wise man by surprise, he is always ready to go.” ~ Jean de La Fontaine
- “Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste death but once.” ~ William Shakespeare
- “No one really knows why they are alive until they know what they’d die for.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr
- “You needn’t die happy when your time comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from the beginning to the end.” ~ Stephen King
- “By becoming deeply aware of our mortality, we intensify our experience of every aspect of life.” ~ Robert Greene
- “Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive – the risk to be alive and express what we really are.” ~ Miguel Angel Ruiz
- “It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
- “Losing your life is not the worst thing that can happen. The worst thing is to lose your reason for living.” ~ Jo Nesbo
- “Man always thinks about the past before he dies, as if he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived.” ~ Jet Black
Badass Quotes For Your Haters
Here are some badass quotes for haters that will motivate you to prove the doubters wrong!
- “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ~ Oscar Wilde
- “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ~ Winston S. Churchill
- “There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” ~ Aristotle
- “I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “If you can’t outplay them, outwork them.” ~ Ben Hogan
- “Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain… and most do.” ~ Dale Carnegie
- “People will always have their opinion on you despite who you are and what you’re capable of.” ~ Gloria Tesch
- “I think that everybody wants to be heard, and the easiest way to be the loudest is to be the hater.” ~ Tavi Gevinson
- “Haters are the people who will broadcast your failures and whisper your success.” ~ Will Smith
- “Haters, like parrots, talk much but cannot fly. Dreamers, like eagles, say nothing but conquer the skies.” ~ Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Haters don’t hate you… The reality is, they fear that they will never be able to get to where you are right now.” ~ Leah Remillet
- “There will always be haters. And the more you grow the more they hate; the more they hate the more you grow.” ~ Anthony Liccione
- “Your friends will believe in your potential, your enemies will make you live up to it.” ~ Tim Fargo
- “You will find it will almost always be more comfortable to sit on the sidelines and critique the builders from afar. But at the end of the day, the people who make a difference, the people who shape history, are not the haters.” ~ Wendy Kopp
- “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” ~ Ray Goforth
Badass Quotes For Men
- “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” ~ Plato
- “It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- “Just keep moving forward and don’t give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.” ~ Johnny Depp
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” ~ Lance Armstrong
- “One man with courage makes a majority.” ~ Andrew Jackson
- “Man is so made that when anything fires up his soul, impossibilities vanish.” ~ Jean De La Fontaine
- “Duty is the essence of manhood.” ~ George S. Patton
- “There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.” ~ Robert Jordan
- “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.” ~ Mike Tyson
- “Man is nothing else, but what he makes of himself.” ~ Jean-Paul Sarte
- “What good is money if you can’t use it to strike fear in the hearts of your fellow men.” ~ Montgomery Burns
- “Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out” ~ Mitch Albom
- “Be the strongest person at your father’s funeral.” ~ Jordan Peterson
Badass Quotes For Women
Let’s keep things rolling with some more badass quotes for women for all of the kick-ass women reading this post.
- “If you want something said, ask a man: if you want something done, ask a woman.” ~ Margaret Thatcher
- “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.” ~ Sophia Bush
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” ~ Medlina Gates
- “Well-behaved women seldom make history.” ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
- “Tell the negative committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up.” ~ Ann Bradford
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~ Sarah Frances Brown
- “A man does what he can; a woman does what a man cannot.” ~ Isabel Allende
- “Mother told me a couple of years ago, ‘Sweetheart, settle down and marry a rich man.’ I said, Mom, I am a rich man.” ~ Cher
- “The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.” ~ Gloria Steinem
- “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the ability to create, nurture, and transform.” ~ Diane Mariechild
- “You’re born worthy, and I think that’s a message a lot of women need to hear.” ~ Viola Davis
- “Power is not given to you, you have to take it.” ~ Beyonce
- “The best protection any woman can have…is courage.” ~ Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” ~ Madonna
Badass Quotes About Love
Here are some badass quotes about love that highlight the beauty and cruelty in one of our most primal instincts.
- “I want to be with you till my last page.” ~ A.R. Asher
- “I don’t need someone who sees the good in me. I need someone who sees the bad in me and still wants me.”
- “When you miss me, remember that when you had me, I wasn’t enough.”
- “I think the biggest love that we’re all searching for is the love for one’s self.” ~ RM
- “Don’t allow someone to treat you poorly just because you love them.”
- “Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason.”
- “Showing is better than telling.”
- “Love is either a two way street or a dead end.” ~ J.E. Fitzgerald
- “A real man chooses to honor, love, respect, adore, and be faithful to one woman.” ~ Tommy Shelby
- “I think the perfection of love is that it’s not perfect.” ~ Taylor Swift
- “You left me. When I needed you the most. Now stay the hell out of my life forever.”
- “No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” ~ Robert Southey
- “A person will be there in your life with whom you have the least pictures but the most memories.”
- “Someone who really loves you sees what a mess you can be, how moody you can get, how hard you are to handle, but still wants you.”
- “When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred.”
Funny Badass Quotes
Let’s end things off on a lighter note with some funny badass quotes that will hopefully put a smile on your face:)
- “He asked me, “what’s your favorite position?” I said CEO.” ~ Lauren Conrad
- “I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubble gum.” ~ Roddy Piper
- “Shit happens…I mean look at your face.”
- “I love sarcasm. It’s like punching people in the face, but with words.”
- “The path of inner peace begins with four words; not my fucking problem.”
- “I love it when the coffee kicks in and I realize what an adorable badass I’m going to be today.”
- “My job description is karma delivery person.”
- “Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick it’s ass.” ~ Maya Angelou
- “Me weird? Bitch I’m limited edition.”
- “Remember when I asked for your opinion? Yeah me either.”
- “Thou shall not try me – mood 24:7.”
- “Be a badass with a great ass.”
- “I’m not lazy. I’m just in energy saving mode.”
- “The devil whispered to me “I’m coming for you,” I whispered back ‘Bring pizza.”
- “Do you know why I’m always late? It’s because good things take time.”
I hope you enjoyed this list of motivational badass quotes!
Each day that you wake up, you have a choice. You can choose to take risks, live boldly, and block out the “inner bitch” that pushes you towards mediocrity.
Or you can choose to be the weakest version of yourself. You can choose to run from fear, avoid discomfort, and ignore urges that tell you exactly what you should do.
Which path will you take today?
You May Also Like These Articles: