Are you living with an abundance mindset or a scarcity mindset?
Do you find yourself actively limiting your own potential and making excuses for your inaction, or do you see opportunities to learn and grow everywhere you look?
If you found yourself resonating with the first statement, you likely have a scarcity mindset.
If you found yourself resonating with the second, you likely possess an abundance mindset.
In today’s article, we’re going to analyze the difference between these two mindsets and look at how they impact your day to day choices.
Additionally, I’m going to share with you an extensive list of abundance affirmations that will help you shift your mindset towards abundance and improve the quality of your thoughts.
Abundance Mindset vs. Scarcity Mindset
“The mind is everything, what you think, you become.”
Our thoughts are incredibly powerful. They affect the actions you take, which in turn form the beliefs that you have about yourself. And the beliefs you have about yourself form your identity.
Once you’ve developed a particular identity, you’ll do everything in your power to stay consistent with that identity.
In life, there are two different mindsets you can adopt — an abundance mindset and a scarcity mindset.
The scarcity mindset is grounded in limitation. It’s the belief that there are not enough resources out there for you to achieve the life you want.
A scarcity mindset suggests that life is a zero-sum game. If someone is achieving success, it must be at the expense of others.
People who go through life with a scarcity mindset tend to live a life that is dominated by fear, anxiety, and overwhelm. Operating with the belief that resources are scarce and there is limited opportunity, they may even try to disrupt the progress of other people to get ahead.
Successful people operate from the abundance mindset, which is characterized by the belief that there is a surplus of opportunities and resources out there for anyone to be successful.
The abundance mindset is the polar opposite of the scarcity mindset is every way. Instead of seeing life as a zero-sum game, people with an abundance mindset see opportunities for growth at every turn.
Where most people see obstacles to run away from, they see challenges that need to be overcome. Where most people see risks, they see the potential for growth and expansion.
Most importantly, people with an abundance mindset will be less likely to sabotage the progress of others because they don’t see the success of other people as a threat.
Understanding the difference between abundance and scarcity mindsets is the first step towards greater fulfillment in your own life.
The next step is engaging in daily practices that make the abundance mindset your default state.
What are Abundance Affirmations?
Sometimes all it takes to give your life a boost and achieve one degree of change is to consciously verbalize the kind of person you want to become.
Abundance affirmations are brief, powerful statements that help you rearrange your beliefs and see yourself in a more positive light.
It’s important to remember that given the choice between negativity and positivity, our brains will default to negativity.
Due to something called negativity bias, negative events tend to have a greater impact on our psychological and emotional state than positive or neutral events.
Negativity bias suggests that the sting of failure is a more powerful motivator than the joy of success.
If performed daily, abundance affirmations can help counteract the emotional impact of our past failures and rejections. They bring positivity and prosperity to the forefront of our conscious attention.
Can Affirmations Make You Rich?
Affirmations are useless without determined, focused action.
Starting every morning with abundance affirmations won’t guarantee you a successful, prosperous life.
This is true of any positive habit that you develop.
If you’re looking to lose weight, simply starting to eat vegetables won’t drop all of your belly fat. You’ll also need to foster additional lifestyle changes in order for real change to take place, such as daily exercise and a balanced diet.
Abundance affirmations are simply one of many habits that will give you a better chance of developing an abundance mindset and attaining the life you want.
Affirmations put you in a better position to succeed. And there is a quite extensive body of research that illustrates many of the benefits that affirmations provide.
Practicing affirmations has been linked to decreased stress, as well as a reduced tendency to linger on negative experiences.
So while you shouldn’t rely solely on affirmations to help you feel more fulfilled, there’s no denying the fact that they have a net positive effect on your life.
How to Make Abundance Affirmations a Habit
Instead, I’ll just keep it practical and highlight some of the key things you need to know in order to make abundance affirmations a daily habit.
When most people try to build habits, they give themselves too much credit. We don’t want to start small, we want to aim for the moon. We make the fatal mistake of assuming that we have unlimited willpower and motivation to continually meet unrealistic daily targets.
This is the main reason that people struggle with sticking to habits long-term,
When you bite off more than you can chew, there’s going to come a day where you feel overwhelmed. On that day, you’ll likely take the path of least resistance and fail to meet the standards you set for yourself.
And you know yourself well enough to be able to predict what happens when you miss one day. It can easily turn into several days and/or weeks of inaction.
In order to make abundance affirmations a daily habit, keep it simple:
Aim for 30-60 seconds per day to start off with.
That’s it. You can gradually build up to a bigger time commitment, but when starting a new habit it’s crucial that you focus on mastering the art of showing up regardless of how you feel.
Willpower and motivation are fleeting. They both ebb-and-flow.
By starting small, you’re removing both of them from the equation.
Ultimate List of Abundance Affirmations to Improve Your Mindset
Without further ado, let’s get into the list of affirmations that will aid you in reframing your mindset from one of scarcity to abundance.
There’s going to be a lot of different affirmations on this list. Just pick the ones that resonate with you!
There’s no right or wrong answer. Pick 2-3 and start off by saying them to yourself for 30-60 seconds at the start of every day
- I am worthy of what I desire from my life
- I have everything I need to be successful
- Money and prosperity are abundant
- I am open to receiving and capitalizing all of the wealth and prosperity that life brings my way
- I’m a work in progress and a masterpiece
- Wealth is all around
- I deserve prosperity and abundance
- My success is necessary
- I live a world of abundance
- My dreams are in progress
- I am enough to go after the life I want
- I am connected to a world where there is vast possibility out there for me
- I have everything I need to get to where I want to be
- I can attract money easy and effortlessly
- I am learning how to appreciate what I have while working for what I want
- Negative thoughts are completely normal. I am not my thoughts. I am what I do.
- I am open to receiving whatever blessings come my way
- I am open to embracing challenges and using them as opportunities to grow
- I am aligned with the energy of abundance
- Every day is an opportunity for me to grow and face new fears and challenges
- Money comes to me easily and effectively
- I am a magnet for money and prosperity
- I am grateful for everything that I receive and hungry for more
- I only think thoughts of abundance and fulfillment
- I radiate wealth, abundance, and prosperity
- Today I will be met with opportunities disguised as obstacles
- I thrive in discomfort as it moves me closer to the person I want to become
- I don’t need to tear other people down because I live in a world of abundance
- I believe that I live in an abundant universe where there is enough for everyone
- I am capable of overcoming any obstacles that stand in my way
- I am confident in my own skin
- I am open to limitless possibilities
- I can achieve whatever I set my mind to
- I choose to embrace the mystery of my life
- I’m destined for great things
- I am the only thing that can stop me from living a life of abundance
- I don’t need to tear down other people to further my own success
- Everything I need is already out there in the universe, I just have to go find it
- I am creative and open to new solutions
- I am a magnet for prosperity because I praise what I love and enjoy
- I will boldly strive towards my goals in the face of adversity
- I recognize that stress and discomfort and necessary for achieving the life I want
- I am happy for others, because they inspire me to achieve success
- I am connected to vast reservoir of possibility and amazing experiences
- I am attracting the life I want on a daily basis
- I am slowly building towards building a life that is abundant and fulfilling
- I am becoming the type of person that money is attracted to
- I am open to positive change, even if it is uncomfortable and forces me out of my comfort zone
- I am abundant, and I live in an abundant universe filled with opportunity
- I am grateful for my flaws and shortcomings as there is abundant opportunity to get out there and fix them
- I was put on this earth to live a life of prosperity and abundance and nothing is going to stop me
- I am compassionate with others and myself
- Today I am attracting wealth, abundance, and happiness
- I am more than my past. I am excited and motivated to make the most out of my future
I hope you resonated with some of the abundance affirmations on that list!
Whichever ones you end up choosing, remember that your primary goal is to make affirmations a daily habit first.
Your life doesn’t change because of the things that you do once in a while. Your life changes because of what you do every day.
By taking small steps daily towards forming an abundance mindset, you’ll start to see opportunities where other people see obstacles.
You’ll begin to learn that failure and rejection aren’t the end of the world — simply lessons that move you closer to your desired future.
Because when your mindset is bulletproof, the rest of your life tends to fall into place.